September/Oct 1 2021 DISmeet WDW 50th

We went to MK early Wednesday morning for some last minute park time. Happened to be by Pecos Bills at 10:30 when they opened at was able to snag a Minnie sipper for ourselves and our friends. Spent more time just wandering and enjoying the day. We left the park for our last boat ride back to The Fort when someone posted that they had the Mickey mummy popcorn bucket at Disney Springs. Jumped in the car and got one (the one thing DW wanted). We were originally going to pack up and leave Thursday morning, but the facility where my elderly cousin is called to tell us that she was having some health issues. So we packed up and hit the road about 4:30. Breezed through Atlanta about 11:00 pm and stopped for the night around 12am. Hit the road about 8am and was in the driveway at 7:30pm. Friday morning unhooked trailer, restocked rv and headed to Wisconsin to visit friends at they're dairy farm. All total, 7 states in 48 hours

Thanks for all the pictures and reports! Looks like overall it was a great time.

Curious, how were the fort food trucks? Anyone try them out? May be on our to do list. Please and thank you.

We did not try any of the food trucks as we had eaten prior, but the selections were varied and all people we talked to said the food was great

Side note, AT&T 5G service has started showing up around property.
Thanks for all the pictures and reports! Looks like overall it was a great time.

Curious, how were the fort food trucks? Anyone try them out? May be on our to do list. Please and thank you.
We did the soft serve food truck. I had the cotton candy vanilla swirl. It was great! Hoping they keep the food trucks. Everyone really seemed to be enjoying them.

We’ve been having a wonderful time- I can’t believe only five more days and we head home to the cold tundra of northern Minnesota ⛄⛄
My friend and I both shared a birthday during our vacation and I ordered a cake from the Grand Floridian bakery- they did a beautiful decorating job!
We also went to Via Napoli in Epcot for lunch yesterday- it was absolutely delicious pizza, and I got a very special birthday surprise!
We spent some time roaming around the countries- lots of people! But such a beautiful day….
We’re planning to go back to Hollywood studios for a couple hours this afternoon- just to watch the Frozen show again ( it was absolutely darling the first time) and possibly ride Tower of Terror and Slinky Dog, depending on wait times. Then we’ll make some spaghetti for supper, watch the fireworks from the beach, and the kids might watch the movie tonight!

Day 7 MK 50th Part 1

Our morning started at 5:20AM when we got to the dock for the boat. 2 boats were sitting there ready to go. We had heard boats would start at 6:30 then we heard 5:30 so we went with the earlier guess. We were not the first people in line
View attachment 609344

They received the all clear to board at about 5:45AM. We sat up front.
View attachment 609345

It was an absolutely beautiful ride over. They have added colored lights under the monorails to maych
View attachment 609346
View attachment 609347

There was a boat stuck at our dock broken down so we ended up having to pull into one of the docks on the left after about 15 minutes.
View attachment 609348

The lines weren’t horrible. We were let into Mk about 6:20AM. They had the fingerprint readers disabled so it moved quickly.
View attachment 609349

CM’s were cheering folks walking down Main Street.
View attachment 609350

They were filing Good Morning America live this morning.
View attachment 609355

Rolling to the next post.

Enjoying your posts, @Bishoparc! We were in front of you at the dock bright and early. My father is in the hat and white shirt with the writing on back. I noticed you got ahead of us at the turnstiles though, ha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!