September Exercise Challenge ~ Journey through the Magic Kingdom

Thank you @Twilight Sparkle @Saphire5742 & @sophy1996
My back is feeling 90% better today!

18 minutes yoga (for lower back pain) last night
34 minutes yoga tonight - Picked the first video in a 30 day challenge tonight - I've done a few from the series but never day 1 before - partway through I realized it was the first day of fall and seemed appropriate that I had picked Day 1!

I was hoping for some active minutes on fit bit but it says zero. :confused3 It certainly felt like I spent half the day running around work from one building to the other including picking up pizzas from the entrance. Had 48 pizzas delivered to work today in 3 waves. Luckily I can always find someone to help carry pizza!

659/1100 Total

@TimonTracy You are now 90% of the way to your goal and Liberty Square Red!

@sophy1996 You've reached Fantasyland Pink at 75% of your goal!

@Bethislucy You've reached half your goal and are Tomorrowland Purple!

As of this post (Thursday at 10pm) We have every Color on the list on page 1
:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

And the team is still Frontierland Orange, but we are only 895 minutes to 50%.

With the 45 year anniversary of the Magic Kingdom coming up the 1st of next month, let's look at what attractions were open on that first Day! I searched online for some info and this is what I was able to come up with -

On Main Street USA-
Walt Disney World Railroad (only the Main Street Station was open)
Main Street Vehicles
Main Street Cinema
Penny Arcade

In Frontierland-
Country Bear Jamboree
Frontier Shooting Gallery
Diamond Horseshoe Review
Davey Crockett's Explorer Canoes

In Tomorrowland-
Grand Prix Raceway (Tomorrowland Speedway)

In Fantasyland-
It's a Small World
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Mad Tea Party
Cinderella's Golden Carousel (now - Prince Charming Regal Carousel)
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Snow White's Adventures (later - Snow White's Scary Adventures)
Mickey Mouse Review
Skyway

In Liberty Square-
The Haunted Mansion
Hall of Presidents

In Adventureland-
Jungle Cruise
Swiss Family Treehouse
Tropical Serenade (now - Enchanted Tiki Room)
Sunshine Pavillion

Mike Fink Keel Boats

(A few more rides opened before dedication day - Peter Pan's Flight, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and the Riverboat.)

My personal favorite, Big Thunder Mountain wasn't along for almost another decade!

I can't image Magic Kingdom without It's A Small World, Jungle Cruise, and Haunted Mansion.
For a while now, my daughter and I have had a tradition of riding Haunted Mansion as our first ride. Both my son & daughter ride Jungle Cruise as many times as they can each trip!

Was your favorite ride around on opening day?
Any ride you couldn't image Magic Kingdom without?

Hmmm . . . I'm a sucker for It's a Small World, and it was there; however, I also love People Mover and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which weren't. Thanks for the history lesson, kathleen27. That was fun.

55 minutes (all walking) since my last post brings me to 355/450.

Cool facts about opening day!

Was your favorite ride around on opening day?

I think my favorite individual rides are actually at the other parks. What I love most about Magic Kingdom is just being there, the atmosphere in general - looking up at the castle, watching the fireworks...I think I tear up when I walk down Main Street every trip!

Any ride you couldn't image Magic Kingdom without?

Probably It's a Small World, the Tiki Room, and Dumbo.

+60

1050/1200

My favorite MK rides are the TTA, Big Thunder, and Peter Pan. I do remember the Skyway, though, from my one and only visit when I was a kid.

My favorite ride at the Magic Kingdom is Haunted Mansion.

Went camping this weekend and lots of activity/hills - I am not a camper; but great way to get steps in :)

Friday -77
Saturday - 95
Sunday - 128

Total = 837/600

42 minute run / walk yesterday - along the coast - felt great
73 minute walk today - was supposed to be a long run, & I just didn't have the motivation or the energy

774/1100 Total

Great to see so many minutes so far this weekend (I'm sure we'll see some more posts, too).
I also really enjoyed hearing everyone's answers regarding the Magic Kingdom attractions!

Congrats to @TimonTracy for reaching her goal minutes and joining Adventureland Green!

13225_10151519019153274_639537684_n.jpg

@sophy1996 has now reached 90% and is Liberty Square Red!

67154_10151308344138274_1882050768_n.jpg

@PollyannaMom @Saphire5742 and @Tasha228 are now Fantasyland Pink with over 75% of their goal complete!

734680_10151435314353274_1955115544_n.jpg

And as a team we just hit the half way mark! And are at 51% of our goal! Tomorrowland Purple!!!

28068_10151384333408274_2023098649_n.jpg

A whopping 10 minute walk for me. - It was a crazy-busy weekend! But the pool (that we haven't actually used all month) is finally closed!!!

I'm at 365/450, which is just a few minutes under my goal pace, but I'm hoping to catch up this week. And I loved the update illustrations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter