September 5th 2016, 4 Night Dream Cruise

We will be joining you all. SOOOO excited!!!!
This is Disney Cruise #6 for us. We are a bit addicted. :mickeybarWe already have #7 booked and PIF for Dec 5th.
I will be traveling with my parents, Don and Gail, and my sweet Haylee (she is going to be 18 but is severely disabled. She can not walk or talk and is more like a toddler but she LOVES her anything Disney) and her trusty side kick Chloe (her fabulous service dog)
We are ready for some door decorations and FE preparations to begin.

I'm trying to find a "meet" for the Sept 2, 2016 Dream cruise, but i didn't see it listed... I'm brand new to DIS boards, and this is my first Disney cruise, so i am still learning! Could someone please direct me to the right board or explain why my cruise doesn't have a "meet"?? Thank you!!

I'm trying to find a "meet" for the Sept 2, 2016 Dream cruise, but i didn't see it listed... I'm brand new to DIS boards, and this is my first Disney cruise, so i am still learning! Could someone please direct me to the right board or explain why my cruise doesn't have a "meet"?? Thank you!!
There is no cruise meet thread started yet for your cruise on Sep 2, 2016 on the Dream. If you wish to start one, you need to go to the main cruise meet board and start a thread there. Title it with the date and ship name. Doesn't have to be fancy - just "here's our cruise meet thread" will do.

Then, copy the URL at the top of that thread, and go to the "Find your 2016 Dream Cruise Meet LINK here" thread and post a request to have your link added to the list. Be sure to paste the copied URL into the request post.

Then a moderator will be along to add your link to the list, and voila - you have a cruise meet thread.

Thank you so much for explaining that!! I am not sure I should be the one to start it since I don't really know what it is... i've never participated before. Should I just watch for someone to open one for my cruise and then join in? Maybe there's not one since it's just a 3 day cruise...?? What exactly is the "meet" and how does the gifting work? Do you take gifts for everyone for each day? or just some people? or everyone but just one day?? I think it sounds terrifically fun and can't wait to participate!!
:yay:

Thank you so much for explaining that!! I am not sure I should be the one to start it since I don't really know what it is... i've never participated before. Should I just watch for someone to open one for my cruise and then join in? Maybe there's not one since it's just a 3 day cruise...?? What exactly is the "meet" and how does the gifting work? Do you take gifts for everyone for each day? or just some people? or everyone but just one day?? I think it sounds terrifically fun and can't wait to participate!!
:yay:
The Cruise Meet thread is just a place for those on that cruise to "get together" beforehand to discuss their trip. It also can be used to set up activities for the group. Among such activities are arranging private Mixology/Tasting events; cabin crawls; Fish Extender exchanges; recipe exchanges; whatever other activities that appeal to the group. The Fish Extender exchange is a sort of "secret Santa" gift exchange. One person in the group maintains the list of those who wish to participate in it and then posts the final list at a certain time prior to the cruise (usually long enough to allow gift purchase/creation time) and then people distribute their gifts to others on their list.

You don't have to "do" anything once the Cruise Meet thread is started, just wait for others to find it and join in the discussion. Your group doesn't have to "do" anything extra on the cruise, either. The meet thread is just for pre-cruise discussions.

We, My wife Gail and I, along with our Daughter Renea Short Havard and Grand daughter Haylee Short-Havard, have signed up for this cruise yesterday. Looking forward to getting back on the Dream and Hopefully getting our server Leo back, he is so great. This will be our 4th cruise and looking forward to many more.

Welcome one and all! We're getting a nice mix of 1st/2nd time cruisers as well as experienced cruisers. This cruise will be our 15th. Hope to see more folks hop on.

Hello, hello! I am Elizabeth and my partner Jude and I will be taking our very first Disney Cruise and we are super excited! We aren't new to cruising, but this will deffinitly be a different experience. We can't wait to go and break away to new disney adventures rather than just Disneyland in Anaheim.

I'm also really excited to celebrate Jude's birthday on the ship since her birthday is September 4th!

Hi Elizabeth and Jude, welcome to Disney cruising and the DIS boards! Only 219 days, 16 hours, 49 minutes until we board the beautiful Dream. Make sure you let Disney know about Jude's birthday.

We are booked for 09/05 and totally looking forward to it. It will be our 1st Cruise ever. Figure we might as well get our feet wet with what we believe is the best cruise line out there,... family-wise anyway. We will have a 6yo son and 10yo daughter going my wife and I and really excited about it.

Hi Tommy and family. Great decision for your first cruise. Many first time cruisers do the 3 night and wish they had done more. The Dream is awesome, the whole family will have a great time

Cruised on the Disney dream on September 21, 2015! Now we are booked on the September 05, 2016 Disney dream cruise!! Hope to meet some new friends! see you all onboard!

We are so excited ... My husband and I cruised for the first time on our honeymoon, this will be our first time as a family with our 7 year old daughter and 4 year old son! Love that I found the DIS! SO excited!

Welcome Johnston Family to the Disboards. So you cruise several years ago? Was that on a Disney ship? There are other families with kids on this thread, you guys should get together and set up a fish extender group.

We will be joining you all. SOOOO excited!!!!
This is Disney Cruise #6 for us. We are a bit addicted. :mickeybarWe already have #7 booked and PIF for Dec 5th.
I will be traveling with my parents, Don and Gail, and my sweet Haylee (she is going to be 18 but is severely disabled. She can not walk or talk and is more like a toddler but she LOVES her anything Disney) and her trusty side kick Chloe (her fabulous service dog)
We are ready for some door decorations and FE preparations to begin.
We have a disabled child also. We are hoping he can get better to the point of joining us on a cruise one day. He also has a service dog. Question - have you done a Disney Cruise with Chloe? Where does she do her business? Any issues with a service dog on a cruise ship? She sits patiently at the MDR's?

We have a disabled child also. We are hoping he can get better to the point of joining us on a cruise one day. He also has a service dog. Question - have you done a Disney Cruise with Chloe? Where does she do her business? Any issues with a service dog on a cruise ship? She sits patiently at the MDR's?

We have cruised with her twice already. There are requirements to take them on board. You must get the international microchip, Get a form from the Bahamas for them to travel to the Bahamas. Also they must have a health check form from the vet within 48 hours of travel that they are healthy. You also have to call the special services department for DCL to let them know the animal is coming. If you have a veranda there will be a box put there. If not there is a place on the the forward 4th deck where the box will be placed.

We have never had problems with Chloe anywhere on the ship. She does have to remain with someone in our party at all times. So if Haylee were to go into the pool one of us has to sit with her. At meals Chloe has been trained to sit under the table while we eat. She does ride in Haylee's lap while working and she's very small so most people think she is a toy. We have had some problems with people trying to touch her and because she is at work we have to haze it off at times and let people know she can not be touched. I also let the meet and greet families know about her and rules with her and they show the pictures to their children to remind them what she looks like and that when her vest is on she is at work. But if they see us taking her to potty (before we got the veranda rooms) or i take her for a quick jog each day on deck 4 if there is no vest they may visit. We also do not get off the ship except at Castaway Cay one because the other countries are not ADA required and I just don't want to deal with getting her through the check points for the other countries. If your child goes to kids clubs I was told that the SD may not stay with them because the cast members can not be responsible for the care of the SD and cleaning up after them. It is not the easiest thing to travel on the ship but we are very dependent of Chloe for detecting Haylee's seizures so we do what we have to.

I do not know how to add pictures on here but if you email me I can just email the pics to you. Haybuggsmom98@gmail.com

Would this be the thread to go to if anyone was going to set up a Fish Extender group?

Would this be the thread to go to if anyone was going to set up a Fish Extender group?
Yes, this would be the place. It appears that no one here on DISboards has set up a Fish Extender group yet.

In case anyone might be interested I'm posting a little "how to":

SETTING UP A FE GROUP
There really are no “rules” as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/ favorite character/ favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know in order to create the gifts. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE group. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will “close”. Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will post the list, either directly on the Cruise Meet thread, OR via private conversation, or, possibility, via e-mails. This is to confirm everyone on the list is still participating. It’s important to make a state about “anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped” at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as they reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a “pixie dust” list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their “final” list. Be sure the “pixie dust” list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other “biggie” is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how to find that other site here on DISboards. Please read this: http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations that don’t have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test Board to post and up your post count. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Up to 20 people can participate in any given conversation.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter