September 5th 2016, 4 Night Dream Cruise

I am hoping they start the Halloween celebration on our cruise this year too in fact, I have written DCL asking them to do that
Any word yet if DCL will break out their Halloween decorations for this cruise?

Any word yet if DCL will break out their Halloween decorations for this cruise?
They said no decision yet. Hopefully they will do it. Last Sept 5 was the first DCL cruise celebration Halloween

Hello fellow cruisers! Excited to find this thread! It will be myself, my husband, and our two year old. We are lifelong Disney lovers -- even honeymooned at Disney World! This will be our third cruise (second on Disney, we did a 7-night on the Fantasy in 2013) and the first for our son. Currently trying to convince my parents to come along too!

Also, I should mention that we would love to join an FE group that is very toddler friendly! We did an adult only FE group the last DCL trip we took (pre-baby) but would love to let our son participate this trip and exchange with some other small buddies!

Hi Allibee - glad to see you're hopping on the thread. there are other family's that want to do a FE so you shoudn't have a problem getting one started.

Also, I should mention that we would love to join an FE group that is very toddler friendly! We did an adult only FE group the last DCL trip we took (pre-baby) but would love to let our son participate this trip and exchange with some other small buddies!

Hi Allibee - glad to see you're hopping on the thread. there are other family's that want to do a FE so you shoudn't have a problem getting one started.
There's no Fish Extender group started here on DISboards. If anyone's interested in setting one up, see post #40 for some help.

In response to post #40 -- I am trying to set up an FE group for toddlers and young children. I see the rules about how to operate a group, but how do you go about setting up a different thread or conversation that is separate from this thread? Or does it all need to stay in this thread? Just looking for some clarification, thanks!

In response to post #40 -- I am trying to set up an FE group for toddlers and young children. I see the rules about how to operate a group, but how do you go about setting up a different thread or conversation that is separate from this thread? Or does it all need to stay in this thread? Just looking for some clarification, thanks!
In order to participate in a conversation all participants must have at least 10 posts. So, everyone who wants to utilize the more private conversation option, must head over to the Test Board and up their post count: http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Once the organizer of the Fish Extender has at least 10 posts, and at least one other person wishing to be part of the FE has 10 posts, then they can start a conversation.

To start one, you click on the avatar or username of the person you wish to converse with and then click on the "Start a conversation" link in the next window. You can invite (add) more participants by clicking the "invite more" button on the lower right in the "conversation participants" window.

OR, if there are more than one person you wish to converse with (again, they all must have 10 posts), hover over the "inbox" at the top right of this page and click on the "Start a new conversation" link there. You can invite up to 19 other people to participate in a conversation (maximum of 20).

It's not really part of this thread, but separate.

You certainly can start a separate thread to do the FE, but it will not be private (only visible to participants), and would probably drop off the first page of threads on the Cruise Meet board if it's not bumped up daily to remain on the first page.

Last edited:
Got it! Just got the rest of my "test" posts in on the testing thread, thank you for the tip! Now just hoping for some replies from members of this thread who want to be a part of my baby/toddler/young child FE group :)

Hi everyone! So excited for our first cruise 9/5/16!!! It will be our first cruise ever and I am turning 40 on 9/8 so this will be super exciting!! Anyone have any first timers tips? We keep hearing about fish extenders and wondering what that is? Can't wait for September!!!

Hi Danigirl and welcome to Disney Cruising.Regarding the fish extenders, read post #40 on this thread and it will give you an overview. Make sure you tell DCL about your birthday!

Got it! Just got the rest of my "test" posts in on the testing thread, thank you for the tip! Now just hoping for some replies from members of this thread who want to be a part of my baby/toddler/young child FE group :)

we want in!! We are finally booked! It will be me, DH, DS5, DD9mo and my mom. This is my 4th DCL, DH and DS 3rd and my mom and DD 1st. We are so so excited!!

we want in!! We are finally booked! It will be me, DH, DS5, DD9mo and my mom. This is my 4th DCL, DH and DS 3rd and my mom and DD 1st. We are so so excited!!
Awesome!! I' just started the "conversation" that we will use to keep tabs on everyone! I can't wait!

How old are you considering limiting to the "young child" portion of your FE group? We have w DS6 and DD10.

How old are you considering limiting to the "young child" portion of your FE group? We have w DS6 and DD10.

I think ages 6 and 10 are great! I was hoping to keep it around 9 or 10 as the oldest :) I'll add you to the conversation so we can start planning! :)

In order to participate in a conversation all participants must have at least 10 posts. So, everyone who wants to utilize the more private conversation option, must head over to the Test Board and up their post count: http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Once the organizer of the Fish Extender has at least 10 posts, and at least one other person wishing to be part of the FE has 10 posts, then they can start a conversation.

To start one, you click on the avatar or username of the person you wish to converse with and then click on the "Start a conversation" link in the next window. You can invite (add) more participants by clicking the "invite more" button on the lower right in the "conversation participants" window.

OR, if there are more than one person you wish to converse with (again, they all must have 10 posts), hover over the "inbox" at the top right of this page and click on the "Start a new conversation" link there. You can invite up to 19 other people to participate in a conversation (maximum of 20).

It's not really part of this thread, but separate.

You certainly can start a separate thread to do the FE, but it will not be private (only visible to participants), and would probably drop off the first page of threads on the Cruise Meet board if it's not bumped up daily to remain on the first page.

How do we add new members to an existing conversation?

How do we add new members to an existing conversation?
The originator of the conversation can add (invite) additional people (up to 20 max can participate). Just scroll down to the lower right "Conversation Participants" window. There's a button to "Invite more".

One thing I'll point out. All participants must have at least 10 posts (you can't invite anyone who doesn't have 10 posts).

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter