September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

this is mark brnich. I just posted a link on the ******* page and now I am blocked. do you know why?

Mark Brnich is my son. He is cruising with us. He told me that he was just removed from the ******** group. I asked him to post a request for me(since I don't do ********) to have you "pin" the link for our front page at the top of *********s front page.

He said that his original post was deleted, then he was blocked immediately after posting a second time.

He has requested to join the ***deleted*** group again. I'm not sure what happened or why he would be blocked.

Johnny Quest said:
Sigris (HollywoodGlitter),

Mark Brnich is my son. He is cruising with us. He told me that he was just removed from the Facebook group. I asked him to post a request for me(since I don't do facebook) to have you "pin" the link for our front page at the top of the facebook page, just like I put a facebook link on this front page.

He said that his original facebook post was deleted, then he was blocked immediately after posting a second time.

He has requested to join the facebook group again. I'm not sure what happened or why he would be blocked.

I don't know either but I'm almost home and like I said I will look into it as soon as I can get into a computer. My phone only lets me do certain things on Facebook.

I also saw his note to put the link up this morning which I did but he was still on their then as far as I know.

LOL ... Well I don't know what happened :surfweb: but I added him back to the group and added some info to the Welcome file for everyone. If someone is interested in the cabin crawl and doesn't have a disboards acct do you want them to contact Mark on facebook?

Johnny Quest said:
Yes, that's a good idea. If they want to be a part of the crawl or the bus ride he can relay it to me. He's out right now but I'll let him know when he gets home.

Great. I'll update the post in a few minutes :)

Has anyone heard when the 2014 members cruises are? My DH and I have to submit vacation request here in the next few months to be able to take vacation. We would like to request years cruise off.
:cool1::cheer2:

Has anyone heard when the 2014 members cruises are? My DH and I have to submit vacation request here in the next few months to be able to take vacation. We would like to request years cruise off.
:cool1::cheer2:

In the past, they didn't release those dates until at/near the current year's cruise.

Anyone staying at the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport precruise?
We did this last month using DCL transfers one-way to the port.

Pros:
direct luggage pickup and delivery to the port
conviently located in the same building where the DCL busses depart
early DCL bus boarding
early port arrival and DCL terminal entry
early cruise check in at the port

(Note: with the exception of the luggage handling and location, the other benefits are available to anyone purchasing DCL transfers from MCO to the Port) So you could stay off property and get back to the airport in time to be on the first bus.

As far as whether you can get a low boarding number for the cruise by doing this regardless of your port arrival time?

I can only speak from our experience. We had an online port arrival time of 11 am. We were given boarding number 3 when we checked in at the DCL terminal off the bus around 10:40am. Everyone on our bus appeared to have that number. A couple of non-concierge ladies even had boarding number 2. We forgot to ask what everyone had as port arrival times so we have no idea if one is related to the another.

The Hyatt Regency is located inside the Orlando International Airport. (which sets it apart from the other Hyatt hotels in the airport vicinity)

http://orlandoairport.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels-orlandoairport/index.jsp?null

The entrance is near the Southwest and AirTran/Delta gates (where the fountain is.) Note: check in for the DCL transfers is at the Magical Express Counter located in Terminal B Level 1

IMG_8885_zps8011486b.jpg

HyattRegencyOrlandoInternationalAirport_zpsd40686fe.jpg

IMG_7606_zpse52183fe.jpg

Love that Disney Store right across the way.

IMG_7608_zps532b52b2.jpg

Walk under the Hyatt Sign and take the elevator up to the 4th Floor. There are adjacent escalators also.

IMG_6902_zps350d1761.jpg

This hotel is priced on a higher tier, and sometimes difficult to secure discounts.
Average rate is 152 + tax//night depending on the time of year.

You can purchase a Hyatt Stay Certificate in the “choice” category for a flat rate of 152.22 per night (saves all taxes and fees.) directly from their website but they do charge $ 6.00 shipping and handling so it really only is a savings during peak times. https://www.certificates.hyatt.com

Before buying them, you must secure a stay certificate reservation thru Hyatt by phone. Note: this can’t be booked online and is subject to availability.

Here is what they look like: (ours were printed “choice” not “inspire” ) They ship 2 day signature required so be there to receive it! (as we learned the hard way!!!)

hyattstaycertificate_zps5a9dbe72.png

Simply surrender it upon check-in and it is applied as full payment for a one night stay.

Internet is not free at the Hyatt – However – the MCO Airport does offer Free Wireless Internet throughout the airport. The Hyatt balcony rooms which overlook the inside of the airport are known to access the free signal. Many open seating areas of the hotel usually connect with MCO as well.

These are the interior balcony rooms.

IMG_7584_zps30a52780.jpg

IMG_6903_zps7588992f.jpg

The Hyatt has two atrium wing hallways where the majority of room doorways are.

IMG_7601_zps00fc94cb.jpg

Our king room photos.

5f8d82e6-2274-4e1f-a3ab-66971d1daa28_zpsd15551d3.jpg

IMG_7594_zpsaeffd249.jpg

IMG_7609_zps1cea35fb.jpg

Bathroom with a dual shower/tub. This was a first. Our room had both a tub enclosed shower and a walk-in shower side by side. Unusual for a king room.

IMG_7600_zpsdc045f8f.jpg

IMG_7595_zpsb4cadfb4.jpg

MCO transfers to Port for Hyatt guests:

We were greeted with this sign at the front desk upon check in.

IMG_7589_zps8d7fbad3.jpg

IMG_7610_zpsc17bc7d6.jpg

I let them know we were using DCL transfers to the port and needed luggage pick-up from our room. It was noted on our account and we were instructed to attach the DCL luggage tags to our bags and leave them inside our door when we checked out.

We were then handed this paper and told to give it to the DCL desk the next day.

ffbfe4dc-f93a-495e-967d-09a21e964aea_zps3aa367f9.jpg

This is the latest version of this letter. There have been several posted on the Dis in the past. Each change reflects current company policy. The two main paragraphs read as follows:

• for guests with transfers please place the luggage you wish to have transferred to the ship inside your room near the door with the Disney Cruise Line luggage tags attached. You do not need to be present for luggage to be collected. Bell Services begins pickup at 8:30 am.

Disney Cruise Line Motorcoach Pick-Up to Port Canaveral. Motorcoaches depart from Disney’s Magical Express Welcome Center located in Terminal B on Level 1 (consult the map on the back for exact location) Cast are available at 9:00 am with continuous departures from 9:30 am to 1:15 pm. Please have your entire party ready to go, along with this letter and your travel documents when you arrive at the Welcome Center. These documents include your Disney Cruise Line Guest Travel booklet and a government issued photo I.D. for all guests 18 yrs and older.

The next morning, we left 3 tagged bags in our room, proceeded to the check out desk and had the hotel reconfirm we were on the master passenger room roster for luggage pickup of X number of bags. We then proceeded to the Magical Express Welcome Center.

up next - MCO to Port via DCL transfers early am

We did this for this past member cruise. We found it to be very convenient. We were in boarding group 3 as well and out on the first bus to the port! No stress. Picked up our luggage and we had a nice dinner there the night before. They were very accommodating. So...we will be doing it again for this cruise! Might be fun to meet up the night before the cruise and ride to the port together.

MCO to port via DCL transfers -

We of course ignore the stated times of 9 am per the letter and arrive at the DCL desk at 7:45am. :rotfl2::rotfl2: (located at the far right side of the Magical Express counter)

IMG_7613_zps4596d295.jpg

We took the first set of elevators right under the terminal B outside the Hyatt and walked practically the entire length of ground floor 1 to get to the magical express counter.

IMG_7612_zpsda8bf0b5.jpg

Check in here -
Line is to the right of the pole. We learned that a CM in blue is not with the DCL. So be warned berfore asking this guy any questions!! He's not in the loop!! :lmao:
Apparently, they wear a yellow gold shirt with blue collar!!

IMG_7614_zps174a01d0.jpg

At 8:50 am they let the line approach the counter. This photo was taken around then. Only one member per family is to get in line with the required paperwork including all IDs for their group. You will be asked if your entire party is present but they no longer must accompany you to the counter.

IMG_7620_zps66793b19.jpg

IMG_7621_zps0ac1615f.jpg

When you check in the CM staples a bus tag in your cruise booklet and directs you to wait for your character to be called. We had Chip n Dale which designated Bus #1. James was 8th in line to check in and was finished by 8:55 am. Everyone was given a bus assignment in the order they checked in at the counter regardless of any port arrival time you had been given online.

IMG_7622_zps7a358fae.jpg

Heres the important part to note: All you are doing is checking in for the bus. You still need to check in for the cruise at the port. Our bus tag gave us a spot on bus #1.

You then have to compete for positioning in line when the bus gets called.:crazy2:

However, bus #1 tends to line up right away. So I made sure to get in line while James checked us in, to better our chances of being first to board the bus.

The red arrow shows the bus line up point. JQ is modelling appropriate attire for a Western Caribbean. :rotfl:

248f91f6-a3eb-45a6-a522-14796581eb27_zps679eb10c.jpg

close up - area where the bus line quickly forms - CM was right next to that luggage in the photo to call for boarding but we were already standing there in line ready to go.

IMG_7618_zpsfbba36ff.jpg

line forms quickly

IMG_7629_zpsfabdbb49.jpg

Bus #1 arrived promptly at 9:20 am. They boarded the handicapped guests first. (first on_last off)
We were second in line following them and had seats in row 3 on the bus.

IMG_7628_zpsa58098de.jpg

IMG_7630_zps5e5962b2.jpg

Wow! These Disney employees are Good!! That driver knew exactly where to stand for that shot!! :lmao:

IMG_7631_zps9f17e9a3.jpg

We pulled out at 9:33 am. Arrived at the port at 10:20 am

Bus parking is here:
IMG_7648_zps9f45afa6.jpg

We entered the port terminal via a side door: (2nd in line walking in!!)

IMG_7649_zps9b57c928.jpg

IMG_7651_zpse9918c86.jpg

And were one of the first to step inside the terminal!!! We did all this clamoring in hopes of getting a port upgrade but unfortunately none were to be had on our cruise!! Wed do it again though if we thought it would benefit!!

IMG_7653_zpscdac1479.jpg

My what big Ears you have!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

IMG_7659_zps55fbccb0.jpg

Note: we boarded the cruise at 11:53 am.

Hi Everyone

I just sent out the current FE list to everyone participating. If your interested in joining or just have some questions just let me know. I have asked Johnny Quest to update the 1st post.

Here is what we need If you would like to sign up please email the information below to: dvcmembercruisefelist@yahoo.com

Screenname:
Room #:
# of Guest:
Names of Guest and ages of Children:
Any allergies:
Email:

Thanks

Current List:

Mr&MrsMouse - Party of 2 (2 adults)
SugaShaene - Party of 3 (2 adults, 1 child)
Blossomz - Party of 2 (2 adults)
Disneybelle99 - Party of 2 (2 adults)
Dizzydee70 - Party of 2 (2 adults)
Stephanie - Party of 4 (2 adults, 2 children)
DvcMom3 - Party of 2 (2 adults)
xoSamma / Leasha_loves_disney - Party of 4 (4 adults)
Hollywood Glitter - Party of 2 (2 adults)
ENVERM - Party of 2 (2 adults)
Liz - Party of 4 (3 adults, 1 child)
Crazy8ma - Party of 2 (2 adults)
Jerryfamily04 - Party of 4 (2 adults, 2 children)
Dytx - Party of 3 (3 adults)
Dvcflanagan - Party of 3 (2 adults.1 child)
DVC Deernut - Party of 2 (2 adults)
Poison Ivy - Party of 3 (3 adults)
Iron Man - Party of 2 (2 adults)

We did this for this past member cruise. We found it to be very convenient. We were in boarding group 3 as well and out on the first bus to the port! No stress. Picked up our luggage and we had a nice dinner there the night before. They were very accommodating. So...we will be doing it again for this cruise! Might be fun to meet up the night before the cruise and ride to the port together.

We found the Hyatt MCO to be very convenient as well.

We will be at AKV the night before, but I was wondering how you were planning to get from the port to the Treehouse Villas after the cruise. You might want to join us on our Happy Limo Charter. I'm sure it will be a good time.

Do we have a meet up set up yet for the first day? I checked the first posting and didn't see it and don't remember reading any discussion so far.

Once we get a location and time decided I can post it on our Facebook group page

This is the first mention of one. Does anyone have any suggestions? Our bus charter will be a "mini meet" to kick it off.

enverm,
Welcome to the cabin crawl. :tiptoe:

I've added you to the list. I need you to pm me your cabin# for the crawl map.

Jim

Map your family beach spot out ahead of time using this really cool Castaway Cay Viewer
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...uise-lines-castaway-cay-before-guests-arrive/
I didn't realize how big that section is! This doesn't even include the bike area/kayak section or adult beach.

WOW - How cool was that.

Also

Thanks for the pictures of the Hyatt.....We're staying there the night before our April cruise. Now I know how things are laid out there. It's always nicer to see pictures than just read about it.

This is our first member cruise and we can't wait. Just trying to catch up with all ya all!

Welcome to our cruise meet abigaillynn. Thanks for joining in. If you check out the front page you will see all the activities being organized for this cruise. Please feel free to post comments and ask any questions you have. Let us know if you would like to participate in anything. I will add you to the roll call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!