September 29, 2007 - Magic

A little off topic here but we just got back from 2 days at California Adventure :woohoo: and Disneyland:cool1:. It was DD5's princess: first chance to go on the height restricted rides like Soarin :cloud9:, Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, and Splash Mountain to name a few. She couldn't wait to get back on Splash Mountian :goodvibes but it may be a while before we get her back on the Tower :eek:. She wasn't too happy with Space Mountain :scared1: either...

DS8 :stitch: got to ride California Screamin :upsidedow for the first time and couldn't wait to do it again:yay:.

Is it time to leave for Florida yet? :rolleyes1

Hi there~~

We were on the Wonder last fall and liked so much we rebooked for October '06. Life, as it does, has gotten in the way of our original plans. so, it looks like we will be moving current booking to this cruise.

Our cast as it stands now:
Me
DH
DS8 -- will be 9 then
DS4 -- will be 6 then

We have a anther family that we are trying to convice to go with us as well. I will keep you updated as to our status.

:welcome: spectrum-turbo

My DS8 (then 9) will be so excited. So far everyone on this thread only had girls.

Talk to you soon.

:cheer2: Welcome, spectum-turbo. We're finallyt getting more people on here. Reading all these live reports and seeing the pictures from my parents cruise, just makes me wish I was there now. :cloud9:

Hello fellow cruisers! Hope it's ok to jump in and introduce myself and my family. We are just off the 5/27/06 cruise (the first Double dip) and we re-booked onboard for the 9/29/07 cruise. We have sailed with DCL twice, once on the Wonder and the Western cruise we just took aboard the Magic. We are looking forward to trying the Eastern itinerary.

Cruising are: My DH - Dewey, DD11 and DD8. Also my folks are going, Austin and BettySue. We were lucky enough to secure the Cat. 6 Verandah priced as the Cat.7...we were really happy for that.

Well, we do have a long way to go but I wanted to jump in on the thread so I can stay psyched for the upcoming cruise. We just got home this morning and it's all soooo depressing! This thread will keep me going though until the next one! :cool1:

P.S. Ragdoll-I think I remember you...are you in Parma and did you sail the 4 day on 5/23/04? If so, then nice to sail with you again! :goodvibes

:smooth: Welcome Deweysgirl! I am Ragdoll's daughter. We do live in Parma, but I can't keep up with all their cruises.

How was the double dip? I loved the Live reports. I wish I was there, they seemed like such a fun group of people. :smooth:

Hello everybody!

Welcome newbies! :welcome:

Deweysgirl, I remember your screen name. Yes, we did cruise with you. DH and I recently returned from the 9/13 Eastern. We will be on the 9/16/06 Double Dip. It was so much fun following the live trip report! I am a DCL addict. Like I said on a recent thread, DCL is my therapy. :crazy: Cheaper than a shrink and a whole lot more fun! :thumbsup2 We are spending our kids' inheritance on DCL. :teeth: Sorry, Shannon. :rotfl2:

Thanks Shannon and Ragdoll for the welcome! The Double Dip was great! We had the most beautiful weather and very calm seas. Just like the May 04 trip, very smooth. I really liked Costa Maya-we took David and Ivan's tour of the Mayan ruins and it was really awesome. David was our guide and he was so nice and extremely knowledgable of the ruins and the culture and their traditions...some kind of creepy! :eek: The village by the pier is commercialized and geared for tourists but the shops were nice enough and the people were all friendly. They actually have a swim-up pool bar right at the pier for cruisers to use. It was awesome!

Ragdoll-I remember teasing you about getting in your suitcase for a trip back to Parma. Our best friends in the world live in Parma and we don't get to see them enough unfortunately. It's nice that your daughter is able to share your love for Disney. My Mom and I are both addicts too! :teeth:

Anyway, patiently awaiting for the cruise... :rolleyes1

Deweysgirl, I remember you saying that about getting in my suitcase. Have your friends from Parma every cruised? You should talk them into joining us!

Sounds like you had a great time on Costa Maya. I have read a lot of good things about David and Ivan's tours. My cousin and her husband are doing the Double Dip with us in Sept. and I told her about them. They want to do a ruins tour but seem to be uncomfortable booking a tour without Disney. DH and I are just going to go to the beach.

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Well, it is a day late but...

"Happy Father's Day"

I know most of the husbands haven't been posting but I wanted to get it out there.

Have a great week.

Hi Jay and everyone...we had a great 4th! We spent it with the Big Cheese himself! Unfortunately, we had to share him with a million other folks, but hey, who's counting, right?! We ate at The Garden Grill in EPCOT which was very good! The character interaction was great! We also went over to see Piano Bob for awhile at Port Orleans and much fun was had by all!

Hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th! How many days are we down too now?!?! :boat:

I finally changed our ressie to this cruise. :thumbsup2

I was having a hard time 'letting go" of the thought that we weren't cruising this year. :confused3

And just because my 4 year old likes this one we will use it for the official 446 days to go mascot: :dance3:

I know it's a hard decision to postpone, we had to postpone too for reasons not within our control, but hey, it will be here sooner than we know and it will all be real good!!! :dance3:

Liz :goodvibes

Welcome spectrum-turbo!
:welcome:

As a quick recap, here's everyone who has posted as joining us:
  • SueRS: w/DH (JayS), DS9, DD6, ParentInLaws, DB, DSIL, DN8
  • JayS: see SueRS
  • Shannon1984: w/DD3, DD5, Parents (Ragdoll)
  • Ragdoll (Donna): see Shannon1984
  • Disneynut1955 (David & Monica): w/unidentified guests
  • rxlowry (Chris & Lisa): w/DD4, parents & GFIL
  • spectrum-turbo: w/DH, DS8, DS4
  • deweysgirl: w/DH, DD11, DD8, Parents (Austin & BettySue)
Did I miss anyone?

Shannon1984 said:
:banana: Welcome Spectrum-Turbo! :banana:

Thanks for the warm welcome. To quote Carol Burnet:

I'm so glad we had this time together, just to have a laugh, and sing a song. Seems we just got started and before we knew it came the time we had to say, 'So long.'

I had to switch my cruise to a week earlier. My dear friend said that she would like to go on the cruise, but could only go the week before. So, I called Rich at DCL and moved us up a week. (A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do)

I will probably drop in from time to time though.

~~S-T

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter