**September 2019**

I picked up two FP for Slinky Dog Dash on our HS day last night!!!! So excited!!! pixiedust:

My hubby, our 2 sons, and my youngest daughter are going on Rock n Roller Coaster -- and I had picked up TSM on FP day for me and my oldest daughter because SDD wasn't available but I'd been checking and checking and finally found 2 SDD last night for 6pm! It works out perfectly -- right between the Frozen Sing Along and our dinner at 50's Prime Time!

How bad do we expect crowds to be if we go during extra extra magic hours at HS? We are not star wars people but the architecture of the area seems truly amazing. We hope to walk around to take pictures but wouldn't need to go on the SW rides. We just really want to see SDD because we missed out last year. And hopefully TSM. We opted not to do fast passes at HS because TSM was the only ride my son really likes and we seriously couldn't think of any others to do. SDD was available too late in the day for our schedule. I hope I don't regret not snagging it. We have been scatter brained in our planning.

Well I just messed up big-time I canceled two SDd passes instead of hitting modify( dude I could’ve swore the modify button was always on the right but when I went back it was suddenly on the left after realizing my mistake )it was for a late night one so I had just been looking around for different rides and times I know it’s probably pointless i didnt have anything else better to do...... oh well i just really really really really hope and if we get there early we can get on it without much wait I didn’t really want to have such late fast passes anyways won’t be able to get anything else if so
That sucker went quick to you because it soon as I realize which was right away it was gone

Well I just messed up big-time I canceled two SDd passes instead of hitting modify( dude I could’ve swore the modify button was always on the right but when I went back it was suddenly on the left after realizing my mistake )it was for a late night one so I had just been looking around for different rides and times I know it’s probably pointless i didnt have anything else better to do...... oh well i just really really really really hope and if we get there early we can get on it without much wait I didn’t really want to have such late fast passes anyways won’t be able to get anything else if so
That sucker went quick to you because it soon as I realize which was right away it was gone

Oh no!! I'm so sorry. SDD was available longer than last year but was the only ride on our list that went straight to evening times. I'm counting on a manageable rope drop line.

Oh no!! I'm so sorry. SDD was available longer than last year but was the only ride on our list that went straight to evening times. I'm counting on a manageable rope drop line.
I’m already trying to think of different scenarios that might work like my mother-in-law might not even get on the ride maybe she can give her band to my daughter?? For that matter I’ll probably give my daughter my band
We also have a one-year-old so maybe my husband who is the other one who accidentally canceled can be the one that stays with the one year old and he will get a baby swap pass, that’s if they don’t care that he doesn’t have the fast pass

I’m also hoping I can just do a bunch of refreshing and get it who knows

How bad do we expect crowds to be if we go during extra extra magic hours at HS? We are not star wars people but the architecture of the area seems truly amazing. We hope to walk around to take pictures but wouldn't need to go on the SW rides. We just really want to see SDD because we missed out last year. And hopefully TSM. We opted not to do fast passes at HS because TSM was the only ride my son really likes and we seriously couldn't think of any others to do. SDD was available too late in the day for our schedule. I hope I don't regret not snagging it. We have been scatter brained in our planning.

This is our plan too. We made FP at AK for after HS. We plan to be there 5:30ish and leave when it gets busy. Focusing on all the non Star Wars rides.

This is our plan too. We made FP at AK for after HS. We plan to be there 5:30ish and leave when it gets busy. Focusing on all the non Star Wars rides.
Same here - Plan on being at HS by 5:00am and leaving by 9am and will make my FP at MK. Since they changed tiers I'm seeing lots of people not booking FP at HS at all (which hopefully bodes well for those of us hopping to HS some days). I use Touring Plans and have been checking availability for FP before I actually book mine and it seems only Slinky is losing availability anyway, and that's all my kids care about in TSL.

I can't believe how fast the trip is coming!!! my kids STILL don't know .. which is amazing. . I can't believe I haven't spilled it yet!

We got the FPs we wanted. . and decided on our first park day (09/12 -arrival day on 9/11) we are going to do EEMH at HS and try our luck at GE. Plan is to be up at 4 to be at the tapstiles by 5 (walking over from BWI) . . ... plan is GE and then back to Epcot (we have a late day Frozen FP that i will try to move up by refreshing). Was going to try to do EEMH on our HS day on Saturday but we have an ADR for Minnie's seasonal dine and fantasmic so that would be a VERY long day. ..

hoping this all goes according to plan

my other worry/obsession is MNSSHP - lol so i'm trying to build a strategy for that now

I am doing my early morning at DHS on Sunday of labor day weekend which I am sure is a terrible idea - but I do not want to have a 4am wake up looming all week and wanted to do that on our first park day. So my only point is, if it makes sense with your plans - just go for it?

I'm uh, rearranging ADRs again this morning :D Ok so just one switch but it seems so ridiculous to me I am still switching things up. I just had a 12 yo who was whining about Akershus (we have been there many times) so we decided to try something new that the kids always oooh and aaaah over when we see it (San Angel Inn)

Also - looking to buy luggage. I noticed a couple of our suitcases are trashed and usually I don't give it much thought and use duffel bags or whatever but since I am flying when I go in January I figured I should just go ahead and purchase some luggage. I can't seem to decide - hard sided or soft?

We have heard mixed things about San Angel Inn, but we had a great experience there. Our food was great and the atmosphere is so fun. You really do feel like you've stepped into another world with the evening market atmosphere there.

Also, for luggage... I have my own thoughts, which you can take with a grain of salt. DH travels a lot for work and the kids & I fly more now than ever because we tag along with him sometimes and live far away from family. ANYWAY. DH uses a hard side carry-on (he carries equipment with him sometimes and always fears it getting smashed), but I don't love hard-side luggage for myself or the kids, and certainly not any larger than carry-on size. I've used both, and the newest stuff we've bought has been soft side. I may be in the minority, but I really miss the pockets on soft-side stuff. And the way they pack (1/2 and 1/2 or 1/3 and 2/3), I don't ever feel like I can get the same amount of stuff into hard side. I also don't love the way the weight is distributed, putting force on the zipper in the middle (or middle-ish) of the suitcase. Basically, if that zipper malfunctions, you're in trouble. And when you have to live out of your suitcase, it's a huge pain to have to have enough room to open the entire thing to get to your stuff. With the soft side, you just flip it open.

Like I said, we've done a lot of traveling, and gone through a lot of luggage over the years. We've had $30 rolling duffles from Walmart that lasted years, and expensive stuff that fell apart. My current favorite brand is TravelPro. I have seen lots of pilots & flight attendants using it in airports, and if you look it up, that's who it was originally created for. I figure they know good luggage. It can be pricey, but you can catch Amazon lightning deals sometimes, and when I'm in the market for a new piece I usually stalk my local Tuesday Morning store (kind of like TJ Maxx) because they often carry it. Samsonite is another great brand that we've had good results with. DH's hard side is American Tourister, and it has held up well, too. So I think if you go with a quality brand, you're going to be fine, whatever you decide on.

Edited a second time Now it’s back again how exactly does this work anyways LOL

Edit it to add it’s gone now but it was there probably for a good 10 minutes

9/23 7:45 pm sdd fp available right now!
I was looking for 2 just fyi

Last edited:
Just decided to book a solo trip from 9/15-9/18. I’m looking to recharge and say farewell to my beloved Illuminations. I’ll be at WL and am so excited! It will actually be my first time staying here.

We have heard mixed things about San Angel Inn, but we had a great experience there. Our food was great and the atmosphere is so fun. You really do feel like you've stepped into another world with the evening market atmosphere there.

Thanks for the review! I read mixed things too but the kids want to try it and DH really was not feeling Akershus again. I mean I love Chef Mickey and don't love Raglan Road :duck: so I take everything with a grain of salt in terms of favorites. Honestly this trip is the biggest risk taker food wise - I am going for a lot of mixed reviews (all the way into poor reviews lol) but I want to try more new things instead of always hitting up our favorites.

And thanks for the luggage info! Very helpful!!

Edited a second time Now it’s back again how exactly does this work anyways LOL

Edit it to add it’s gone now but it was there probably for a good 10 minutes

9/23 7:45 pm sdd fp available right now!
I was looking for 2 just fyi
If you had been grabbing it then releasing it I think there is a delay time in the system - maybe that was in play?
Hope you are able to find one at a good time and use rider swap if nothing else.

I added a day due to flights so I will now be arriving Sept 14th and still leaving Sept 21st. I will still be at POP. 😊
Updated!
Just decided to book a solo trip from 9/15-9/18. I’m looking to recharge and say farewell to my beloved Illuminations. I’ll be at WL and am so excited! It will actually be my first time staying here.
Have you ever done a solo trip before? It honestly sounds amazing. Added to roll call.

Hi everyone! Booked for september 22-27 at All Star Movies, since early january! Going to the Halloween party hours after we arrive too!
We are celebrating the wife's weight loss journey, and the continuous improvement of our two ASD kids, All three of them are essentially better, healthier persons since we visited Last year!
As for me, well, I'll still be the same Disney loving guy.

Hi everyone! Booked for september 22-27 at All Star Movies, since early january! Going to the Halloween party hours after we arrive too!
We are celebrating the wife's weight loss journey, and the continuous improvement of our two ASD kids, All three of them are essentially better, healthier persons since we visited Last year!
As for me, well, I'll still be the same Disney loving guy.
Added to roll call :welcome:

[QUOTE="MamaJessie, post: 60873363, member: 262888"
Also - looking to buy luggage. I noticed a couple of our suitcases are trashed and usually I don't give it much thought and use duffel bags or whatever but since I am flying when I go in January I figured I should just go ahead and purchase some luggage. I can't seem to decide - hard sided or soft?
[/QUOTE]

When I was growing up my dad worked for a luggage brand, so I have dealt with a LOT of suitcases in my time! I previously had a 4 wheel hard case, super light weight. I currently have a 2 wheel soft side (Eastpak's 'Tranverz' style), I actually have it in 2 sizes and love it. While the hard case gives you piece of mind if you're packing breakables (hello disney mugs) it doesn't give you much flexibility - I always felt I had to fill the case perfectly for everything to stay secure. With my soft case I can tighten and extend the straps so it's always snug. And even if I have any breakables I roll them up in clothes and put them right in the center - I flew from NYC to London with a couple of wine glasses in my case and they got home in perfect condition.
The wheels could be another determining factor - I know my parents prefer a 4 wheel, but they are getting straight from a car to the smooth floor of the airport, whereas I have to deal with bumpy pavements and trains when I'm travelling, the 2 wheel is much easier to deal with in that situation.

Wow I didn't realise I cared so much about luggage. 😂

Good Suggestions from Superchikk and katiec786...

I'll add to be careful not to get too large of a suitcase. It's easy to go over the 50lb weight limit with larger luggage, even with just packing clothes. I learned this the hard way :)
I own a large Samsonite suitcase that is only practical for car travel or lightweight items (i.e. ski jackets/pants/helmets). We hardly ever use it.

I also like Travel pro... we own two of their carry-ons and a larger Travelpro "light" suitcase . Seem to be holding up well.

When I was growing up my dad worked for a luggage brand, so I have dealt with a LOT of suitcases in my time! I previously had a 4 wheel hard case, super light weight. I currently have a 2 wheel soft side (Eastpak's 'Tranverz' style), I actually have it in 2 sizes and love it. While the hard case gives you piece of mind if you're packing breakables (hello disney mugs) it doesn't give you much flexibility - I always felt I had to fill the case perfectly for everything to stay secure. With my soft case I can tighten and extend the straps so it's always snug. And even if I have any breakables I roll them up in clothes and put them right in the center - I flew from NYC to London with a couple of wine glasses in my case and they got home in perfect condition.
The wheels could be another determining factor - I know my parents prefer a 4 wheel, but they are getting straight from a car to the smooth floor of the airport, whereas I have to deal with bumpy pavements and trains when I'm travelling, the 2 wheel is much easier to deal with in that situation.

Wow I didn't realise I cared so much about luggage. 😂
Those are really great points.
I'll add to be careful not to get too large of a suitcase. It's easy to go over the 50lb weight limit with larger luggage, even with just packing clothes. I learned this the hard way :)
Good call. I tend to err on the side of over packing as is, I don't need any encouragement from a half empty suitcase....

Good Suggestions from Superchikk and katiec786...

I own a large Samsonite suitcase that is only practical for car travel or lightweight items (i.e. ski jackets/pants/helmets). We hardly ever use it.

I also like Travel pro... we own two of their carry-ons and a larger Travelpro "light" suitcase . Seem to be holding up well.
Those are really great points.

Good call. I tend to err on the side of over packing as is, I don't need any encouragement from a half empty suitcase....

@Kickstart is exactly right - those large suitcases are so easy to pack so that they're overweight. The largest I fly with as a checked bag is a 25" - we have both TravelPro and Samsonite in that size. They seem to be about perfect for the 50lb weight limit - and I am a packing ninja, getting more in there than most people imagine. (You should see me load a dishwasher! Ha!) The only time I have to really worry with those is when we're flying an airline with a 40lb weight limit (like Allegiant) or when I add souvenirs that are small but dense - like coffee mugs, etc.

I also have a 29" suitcase that we pretty much only use when we're driving. It's just too cumbersome to maneuver easily at the airport and way too easy to pack too much into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter