**September 2019**

Does anyone know when we should expect to see Southwest release tickets for September? I am fine with driving, but last year we found tickets from Southwest for $400 for our family of 4 (so we changed our mind and flew).
We also fly from Atlanta i need to keep my eye on SW

We had our Bug's Life party tonight. Kids had fun and my youngest sat and watched the whole movie - wasn't sure if she would. Maybe "it's tough to be a bug' will be less scary now lol
Ahahaha! It’s tough to be a bug startled me so badly the first time I saw it! It was pretty hilarious. I hope watching Bug’s Life will help them overcome their fear completely!

Ahahaha! It’s tough to be a bug startled me so badly the first time I saw it! It was pretty hilarious. I hope watching Bug’s Life will help them overcome their fear completely!

Y'all, my kids don't like shows at Disney. At all. The only ones I've been able to get them to go to were Disney Junior (bubbles from the ceiling made that one ok), Indiana Jones (loved it), and Nemo (HATED it). After Nemo, they won't go to anything else. They're like, "It's just people acting like the movie... we can just watch the movie at home." :worried: Weirdos.

Y'all, my kids don't like shows at Disney. At all. The only ones I've been able to get them to go to were Disney Junior (bubbles from the ceiling made that one ok), Indiana Jones (loved it), and Nemo (HATED it). After Nemo, they won't go to anything else. They're like, "It's just people acting like the movie... we can just watch the movie at home." :worried: Weirdos.
My kids are the same way. They had no interest in Nemo, barely make it through Monster Inc Laugh Floor, never made it through a whole parade. They are all about the rides. By the way they are only 3 and 6 :scared1: future thrill seekers.

I hope it’s not too late to join this thread! Booked on a whim last week when seeing discounts and getting in one last time before Galaxy’s Edge opens. It will be myself Cassandra 34, DH36, DS9 and DD1 staying at Pop Century arriving Sept 8th and departing Sept 14th. We went big for our November trip staying Deluxe but I am definitely not frowning upon another trip and seeing the refurbished POP rooms. We are pulling my son out of school 3 weeks after starting back and I am slightly worried about the heat but our first trip was in June 2016 so we have experienced it before. I am hoping to enjoy the lesser crowds of September. So happy to be hear and planning our next trip. I feel so incomplete when I don’t have one in the pipeline lol.

My kids are the same way. They had no interest in Nemo, barely make it through Monster Inc Laugh Floor, never made it through a whole parade. They are all about the rides. By the way they are only 3 and 6 :scared1: future thrill seekers.

My kids are 11 and 7 currently - both will have birthdays before our trip. They first went at 2 and 5... and have been riding everything they're tall enough to ride ever since. When DD hit 44" I ran through the house like a lunatic "We have to go baaaaaack! She can ride Space Mountain!" Ha!

They did Monsters Inc the first time we were there, and when they didn't get picked to be on screen, they decided it's not worth going back. I ducked into Mickey's Philharmagic with DD to get out of the heat while DH & DS rode something, and she was incredulous... even at 2. "That was NOT a ride." They have no interest in the parades... if we catch a glimpse of it while we're walking to something, that's fine. But don't even think they're about to sit somewhere and watch one. I can barely even get them to camp out for fireworks. "Can't we just watch them from some random place? Or do stuff during them? Like in The Sandlot?" HA!

Last year, we went to Universal, and DH & I each rode Hulk twice - DS rode 4 times, and would've ridden again if either of us had been willing to stand in line with him again.

I hope it’s not too late to join this thread! Booked on a whim last week when seeing discounts and getting in one last time before Galaxy’s Edge opens. It will be myself Cassandra 34, DH36, DS9 and DD1 staying at Pop Century arriving Sept 8th and departing Sept 14th. We went big for our November trip staying Deluxe but I am definitely not frowning upon another trip and seeing the refurbished POP rooms. We are pulling my son out of school 3 weeks after starting back and I am slightly worried about the heat but our first trip was in June 2016 so we have experienced it before. I am hoping to enjoy the lesser crowds of September. So happy to be hear and planning our next trip. I feel so incomplete when I don’t have one in the pipeline lol.

We'll be at ASMu the same week. I wouldn't worry too much about pulling your son from school that early in the year. It was really hot last September, but I'm crossing my fingers that it can't possibly be that hot again this year.

We'll be at ASMu the same week. I wouldn't worry too much about pulling your son from school that early in the year. It was really hot last September, but I'm crossing my fingers that it can't possibly be that hot again this year.

I love the optimism about the weather Superchikk! It was ahmazing weather albeit a bit chilly when we were there at the end of November. My son did pretty well missing a week for that trip, hoping his 4th grade teacher will be as understanding. He is a good student so not overly concerned. Fingers crossed for a cold front that week of September. Hope your stay as ASMu is wonderful. :-)

After Nemo, they won't go to anything else. They're like, "It's just people acting like the movie... we can just watch the movie at home." :worried: Weirdos.
We skipped the Festival of the Lion King our first couple trips because the kids were so unimpressed with Nemo. So glad we finally tried that one though since my kids love it. And last trip when we were melting we ducked into Nemo last minute and my youngest actually loved it? I always appreciate that Disney has so much variety, even my 5 kids don't all like the same thing lol

Will add you to the first post! :welcome:
I love the CMs at the Pop pool, fun place to take a break midday in the summer heat.

Welcome to all the new bookies!

Y'all we are suppose to get up to 3 inches of snow tomorrow, which for North Alabama means everything will be shut down! My hubby loses snow so I love watching him be like a little kid when it snows. our rare snow days usually turn into family game days as well. That's my favorite part of them.

We are now 229 days from our Disney trip and planning has been on the back burner for a couple weeks now. Mainly because we are focused on our spring break cruise (not Disney) because it's in 55 days. It's my youngest son's senior trip and we have a couple other families going with us, one of which also has a son graduation who is one of my sons best friends.

I'm also in the process of clearing out my oldest son's old bedroom. He needs to finish getting all his stuff moved into his new home. I plan to move my work studio (I do shirts and wood signs) upstairs into his old room once I get it cleared and painted, then turn my studio into a spare bedroom so when my mother-in-law has to come stay with us she will have a bed of her own instead of her having to stay in my daughters room and my daughter stay on the couch. This will probably take me a couple months to get everything situated but I'm hoping to have it all completed before our cruise. Then after the cruise I can focus on my youngest son's high school gradation and my daughters November wedding.

I do have a question if someone knows the answer. Does anyone know how big of a wrist the Magic Bands fit? My husband has big wrists 9needs an extender in regular watches) so I'm worried his band won't fit him.

We are now 229 days from our Disney trip and planning has been on the back burner for a couple weeks now. Mainly because we are focused on our spring break cruise (not Disney) because it's in 55 days. It's my youngest son's senior trip and we have a couple other families going with us, one of which also has a son graduation who is one of my sons best friends.

I'm also in the process of clearing out my oldest son's old bedroom. He needs to finish getting all his stuff moved into his new home. I plan to move my work studio (I do shirts and wood signs) upstairs into his old room once I get it cleared and painted, then turn my studio into a spare bedroom so when my mother-in-law has to come stay with us she will have a bed of her own instead of her having to stay in my daughters room and my daughter stay on the couch. This will probably take me a couple months to get everything situated but I'm hoping to have it all completed before our cruise. Then after the cruise I can focus on my youngest son's high school gradation and my daughters November wedding.

I do have a question if someone knows the answer. Does anyone know how big of a wrist the Magic Bands fit? My husband has big wrists 9needs an extender in regular watches) so I'm worried his band won't fit him.
Enjoy your snow day! As much as I get frustrated by how bleak a New England winter can get I do think I would miss the snow if I ever move (not that we have had much snow this year :\ )

You definitely sound like you have a lot to keep you occupied. Where are you cruising to?

Oh and my husband is a seriously big guy and never had an issue with the magic band fitting.

Enjoy your snow day! As much as I get frustrated by how bleak a New England winter can get I do think I would miss the snow if I ever move (not that we have had much snow this year :\ )

You definitely sound like you have a lot to keep you occupied. Where are you cruising to?

Oh and my husband is a seriously big guy and never had an issue with the magic band fitting.

That eases my mind about DH wearing the band. We are cruising out of New Orleans to Key West, Florida, Freeport Bahamas and Nassau Bahamas. I would love to cruise to Belize one day but this one is the one that worked for our timeline (Spring Break).

I love the optimism about the weather Superchikk! It was ahmazing weather albeit a bit chilly when we were there at the end of November. My son did pretty well missing a week for that trip, hoping his 4th grade teacher will be as understanding. He is a good student so not overly concerned. Fingers crossed for a cold front that week of September. Hope your stay as ASMu is wonderful. :-)

We went one year in November and were cold in the mornings and hot in the afternoons. I don't think there's any perfect weather days at Disney unless you're local and can just pick a day to go. Ha! They've been freezing there this week! We lived there for a year about 20 years ago and still have friends there... they've been complaining about the weather. I just laugh and shake my head. It's 60 here today and will be 24 tomorrow, with snow possible overnight. They have no idea how to do winter. ;) And thankfully, we have moderate winters here. I could not handle what the upper midwest is about to get this week!

It does get more difficult to pull them out of school the older they get. Good luck with your son's teacher!

Anybody else have a snow day today?? Luckily, school was called off at 9 PM last night, so we knew and could sleep in! We got lots of snow, though, and it drifted a lot leaving some 2 feet tall piles in our driveway, while other spots only had a couple inches.

I just looked at accuweather and it says snow accumulation of 1-2 FEET between now and Thursday afternoon. Yikes! I hope they're wrong on that!

We are planning on school tomorrow, but everybody's saying Wednesday will most likely be called off as the high is supposed to be 1. Realfeel -22. Ouch.

It's hard to believe that in 7 months we'll be at Disney with our faces melting off! LOL!

That eases my mind about DH wearing the band. We are cruising out of New Orleans to Key West, Florida, Freeport Bahamas and Nassau Bahamas. I would love to cruise to Belize one day but this one is the one that worked for our timeline (Spring Break).
Sounds nice - we really want to visit New Orleans some day!

It does get more difficult to pull them out of school the older they get. Good luck with your son's teacher!
It all depends on the teacher too. 99% of the time we have had no issues though. My oldest two are not joining us next trip so I only have to pull two out of school. They are both great students though and self motivated so I am not concerned.

Anybody else have a snow day today?? Luckily, school was called off at 9 PM last night, so we knew and could sleep in! We got lots of snow, though, and it drifted a lot leaving some 2 feet tall piles in our driveway, while other spots only had a couple inches.

It's hard to believe that in 7 months we'll be at Disney with our faces melting off! LOL!
No it has been a pretty lame year in terms of snow here in central CT. We might get a whopping 1-3" tomorrow. Womp womp.

It IS hard to believe that in 7 months we will be worrying about hydrating and pool breaks lol

I just looked at accuweather and it says snow accumulation of 1-2 FEET between now and Thursday afternoon. Yikes! I hope they're wrong on that!

We are planning on school tomorrow, but everybody's saying Wednesday will most likely be called off as the high is supposed to be 1. Realfeel -22. Ouch.

We’re in western PA and looking at Real Feel -30 tomorrow (not bad considering last Monday was -37!). It has been SO COLD this year but we’ve hardly had any snow, which is odd. Right now I’m dreaming of Florida in September but then I know I’ll complain I’m too hot lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter