*September 2019 Check-In*

Was planning on our first day being Sunday 9/22 and going to the beach on 9/28, but looking at the forecast decided to switch those days. Now going to the beach when its gonna be 90+ degrees at DL (and a comfortable 82 high at the beach) and going to DL when its gonna be in the 70's and maybe rainy. Didn't wanna do DL on a Saturday but don't wanna do a beach trip in the cold and rain so....

Gotta go with the flow!

I think you’re smart! We were at DL last week, and it was in the low 90’s. Our trip was wonderful, but the heat was awful! We really had to plan around it. DDs 21 and 17 nearly got heat exhaustion.

Was planning on our first day being Sunday 9/22 and going to the beach on 9/28, but looking at the forecast decided to switch those days. Now going to the beach when its gonna be 90+ degrees at DL (and a comfortable 82 high at the beach) and going to DL when its gonna be in the 70's and maybe rainy. Didn't wanna do DL on a Saturday but don't wanna do a beach trip in the cold and rain so....

Gotta go with the flow!

What beach are you going to? We are planning on going to the beach the morning before we go to OBB in 9/29

4 days until our flight. I see the weather now shows possible rain showers Thursday and Friday (depending on which weather app you’re looking at). I can deal with a little rain, just hope it really light for Thursday. I think the Halloween party will be more fun dry.

Last November we were there for one of the giant downpour days. We survived because DL is magic, but the puddles were rough on the then five year old who doesn’t have the wear with all to watch out for them. I’d rather not repeat that if we don’t have to. Crossing my fingers the rain blows on our of the forecast.

We are also watching the weather. A little rain may keep the crowds down so I’m ok with it. Our full park days are fri/sat/sun and I imagine a perfect sunny 70 degree day brings out the locals en mass.

We're headed back home today after a week. Crowds were busier on the weekends this month than they were the whole time we were there in July! We decided to cancel our October trip. Kids are disney'd out and we've seen all of the fall decorations and treats that we want to see. Bring on Christmas!
If you're going on a weekend, plan for rope drop and stack fast passes for the evening.

We're headed back home today after a week. Crowds were busier on the weekends this month than they were the whole time we were there in July! We decided to cancel our October trip. Kids are disney'd out and we've seen all of the fall decorations and treats that we want to see. Bring on Christmas!
If you're going on a weekend, plan for rope drop and stack fast passes for the evening.
Great advice. Yesterday was not bad crowd wise, today is much busier. The first two hours were great. On a break right now stacking fast passes. It’s hot.

I’m all ready! Packed up, kiddo birthday party done, work all caught up. Now I wait, for two more days!! The struggle is real.

I did make this cake for DD as a distraction for me. She has no idea it’s foreshadowing her real birthday present! I can’t wait to surprise her Tuesday morning!!

C7DEE7D6-23B2-48B1-A603-D9BEE19C6E5A.jpeg

I’m all ready! Packed up, kiddo birthday party done, work all caught up. Now I wait, for two more days!! The struggle is real.

I did make this cake for DD as a distraction for me. She has no idea it’s foreshadowing her real birthday present! I can’t wait to surprise her Tuesday morning!!

View attachment 437857

Yep - the struggle is insanely real. I'm so excited for our trip I can hardly sit still! I'm all done work - delivered my last wedding cake yesterday before declaring myself officially on holidays. Now I have some paperwork stuff to do, but that's it. Toes are done, hair is getting done today....just packing and checking everything off on the list is left. AAAHHH!!

Nice job on the cake!!

What beach are you going to? We are planning on going to the beach the morning before we go to OBB in 9/29

Just going to Huntington Beach. I grew up in LA and would go surf there most weekends when I could. Mainly going so the kids can play in the sand and surf and it's a nice beach for that. If you don't get to Cali often it would probably be better to go to Venice for the sightseeing or Santa Monica for the pier, but to just have a fun day at the beach, Huntington is close.

Just going to Huntington Beach. I grew up in LA and would go surf there most weekends when I could. Mainly going so the kids can play in the sand and surf and it's a nice beach for that. If you don't get to Cali often it would probably be better to go to Venice for the sightseeing or Santa Monica for the pier, but to just have a fun day at the beach, Huntington is close.
That’s where we were planning to go! Probably just to eat breakfast and chill for a bit. We are going to Uber so we don’t have to worry about traffic or parking!

Aside from the party on 9/29 we are doing one day park hoppers on Monday 9/30. SWGE is not a priority but we want to check it out. I’ve heard the afternoon is the best time. Do we need to use a specific entrance? If not is one better to use than the others?

Last edited:
That’s where we were planning to go! Probably just to eat breakfast and chill for a bit. We are going to Uber so we don’t have to worry about traffic or parking!

Aside from the party on 9/29 we are doing one day park hoppers on Monday 9/30. SWGE is not a priority but we want to check it out. I’ve heard the afternoon is the best time. Do we need to use a specific entrance? If not is one better to use than the others?
Afternoon is probably good, just watch the app for wait times. No specific entrance. We did single rider and were not impressed. It really depends on your group. I f you are a party of 5 or 6 it’s probably better. The pilots can make or break the experience.

Flying in this Wednesday---going to try Napa Rose's Chef Counter for the first time! Then hitting the parks the next 4 days with Parkhoppers.
Never experienced Halloween season magic at DLR, really looking forward to it!
It's been pouring rain in Vancouver the past week and so it'll be nice to be in Anaheim and enjoy some sun and heat :)

Flying in this Wednesday---going to try Napa Rose's Chef Counter for the first time! Then hitting the parks the next 4 days with Parkhoppers.
Never experienced Halloween season magic at DLR, really looking forward to it!
It's been pouring rain in Vancouver the past week and so it'll be nice to be in Anaheim and enjoy some sun and heat :)
I just got back to vancouver to this rain..what a change

Yesterday, we got to SWGE around 1 pm, and the ride had a 45 minute wait. But it moved quick. But, after the 10:30 fantastic I decided to dart over there to ride it again, since the park was open for another hour. It had a 15 minute wait, but I was alone, so I went thru single rider, and it only took as long as I took to get to the front of the line (ie no wait)

Well the rain showed up early! Got a pretty strong downpour for a while this morning while at DCA. Waiting to see if it keeps crowds down today. This week has been hot and crowded so fingers crossed this weather moving in helps! Already cooler today which is nice. We got a late start due to Storytellers Cafe Character Breakfast which was so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!