*September 2019 Check-In*

We have 3 nights 9/27-9/29. Planning on the MSEP package 9/27, WOC 9/28 and F! BB package Saturday. I have very mixed feelings about the MSEP package but think it will give us the best opportunity to see the parade and fireworks from Main Street and my hope is that the non-party Friday will be less busy than a party night 9/29, though we are anticipating low crowds for either.

Nice! I'm doing WOC on 9/28 too! I dig your plan! :)

was able to finally officially confirm my reservations thru DVC for the 15th

hoping its a ghost town!

What's the typical crowd situation like in mid to late September? We've never been when majority of the passes are unblocked!

Ay yi yi! 29 hours until I am on Main Street. Until then, I'll just try real hard to stay focused on work and clients...
Right? We leave next Wednesday. I'm working at the library today-- tomorrow's my last day before vacation-- and I'm pretty much worthless. Any time the boss's back is turned, I'm on here or checking the weather in Anaheim, or looking at wait times on the App. :blush:

We just booked three weeks ago, so we haven't been waiting for our trip that long. However, now that we leave Monday I can't wait for the weekend to be over! But I need to pack and finish up some work things before we leave.

Hi all! We are booked at BWPPI from 9/28 - 10/2, with a trip to Laguna Beach afterwards until 10/5. It's a surprise to for my DS' 6th bday. We will do the reveal on his actual bday in about 10 days, and. Waiting. Is. Killing. Me!!!! :poop::hyper:

I'm pretty much a an accidental-annual-visitor to WDW, so our experience with DL is limited to one trip in May 2017. Then we stayed at Homewood Suites and vowed we'd stay closer next time. I can be a hotel snob, so hoping the BWPPI is clean and comfortable bc that is one sweet location, lol.

We have tickets to the Halloween party on 9/29. My first Disney at Halloween time! I'm crazy excited. DS is a certifiable Star Wars nut, so I cannot wait to see his face.

I was pretty impressed by the food when we were at DL (at least compared to WDW food). Any new "must eats"? I mean, apart from the obvious Halloween themed stuff...yup, already bookmarked that menu :rolleyes1

Not going to try to see the last MSEP, since we've seen it many times, but now I'm torn about when will be the best night time to to DL for fireworks: on 9/30 or 10/1. With 9/30 being the last night of MSEP, I assume it will be more crowded. But 10/1 is a party night at DCA, so busier at DL.

Also need to figure out DAS. DS has high functioning autism/ADHD and it has made a HUGE difference for our trips at WDW. Our one trip to DL was pre-diagnosis and had it's...ummmm...*moments* ( though who doesn't with a 3yo, amiright?). Not entirely sure how it works without a magic band! Ah well, one more thing on the Disney prep list!

All I know is that DH is on a 9 day business trip in Germany right now, DS has a weird virus, and I AM READY FOR VACATION. 😆

Also need to figure out DAS. DS has high functioning autism/ADHD and it has made a HUGE difference for our trips at WDW. Our one trip to DL was pre-diagnosis and had it's...ummmm...*moments* ( though who doesn't with a 3yo, amiright?). Not entirely sure how it works without a magic band! Ah well, one more thing on the Disney prep list!

My son has autism/adhd too. In DLR, you use the app for everything, so the DAS return times show up in the app the same way your FP times will as well. The main difference is you go to green umbrella kiosks around the parks instead of the ride itself, so it takes a little different planning to get a return time when you're near a kiosk and thinking about where you'll be headed next. Also, last we were there in August, only the kiosk in SWGE (middle entrance) can give return times for MFSR. There are no return times for characters in DLR and DAS doesn't technically work for wheelchair seating areas, though if they have room, they've allowed my son to sit and we stand in the back. We just explain his particular needs to the CM standing guard at the wheelchair sections.

Hi all! We are booked at BWPPI from 9/28 - 10/2, with a trip to Laguna Beach afterwards until 10/5. It's a surprise to for my DS' 6th bday. We will do the reveal on his actual bday in about 10 days, and. Waiting. Is. Killing. Me!!!! :poop::hyper:

I'm pretty much a an accidental-annual-visitor to WDW, so our experience with DL is limited to one trip in May 2017. Then we stayed at Homewood Suites and vowed we'd stay closer next time. I can be a hotel snob, so hoping the BWPPI is clean and comfortable bc that is one sweet location, lol.

We have tickets to the Halloween party on 9/29. My first Disney at Halloween time! I'm crazy excited. DS is a certifiable Star Wars nut, so I cannot wait to see his face.

I was pretty impressed by the food when we were at DL (at least compared to WDW food). Any new "must eats"? I mean, apart from the obvious Halloween themed stuff...yup, already bookmarked that menu :rolleyes1

Not going to try to see the last MSEP, since we've seen it many times, but now I'm torn about when will be the best night time to to DL for fireworks: on 9/30 or 10/1. With 9/30 being the last night of MSEP, I assume it will be more crowded. But 10/1 is a party night at DCA, so busier at DL.

All I know is that DH is on a 9 day business trip in Germany right now, DS has a weird virus, and I AM READY FOR VACATION. 😆
Sounds like an awesome birthday surprise for your son! I'm going to add you to the list on the first page of this thread, ok?
One thing I would comment on, and that's to try to see the fireworks the first night you can. They get canceled quite often in the fall due to winds at high elevation, so your best bet is to watch it as soon as you can; if they get canceled the first night then you have another shot, but if you wait till your second night and they get canceled, you'll be kicking yourself for not trying for the first night. See Hydroguy's Fireworks Rule .

BWPPI for sure isn't fancy, but it's comfortable and clean. And you certainly can't beat the location!

... Not going to try to see the last MSEP, since we've seen it many times, but now I'm torn about when will be the best night time to to DL for fireworks: on 9/30 or 10/1. With 9/30 being the last night of MSEP, I assume it will be more crowded. But 10/1 is a party night at DCA, so busier at DL...
DL has announced that "Halloween Screams" will be shown with projections only Mondays-Thursdays and with fireworks Fridays-Sundays. So you shouldn't have to worry about winds cancelling the show on either 9/30 (Mon.) or 10/1 (Tue.). One option is to view MSEP (if you decide that you want to) from IASW. The first parade will start from there and head toward Town Square. Usually, the IASW area isn't as packed as Main Street when it comes to parade viewing. After the parade, stay in the area for "Halloween Screams." (You'll want to be facing IASW.) The projections will be shown on the IASW building facade and the music will be played over the speakers. If your son doesn't do well in packed conditions, IASW can be a less congested area for viewing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter