September 2018 discount watch

AFwifelife

DIS Veteran
Surprised there isn’t one already! I know most will be looking for free dining but I can’t be the only one looking for some decent room only deals.

I was just looking for a September thread the other day! I’m also in the minority that doesn’t care about free dining, but really hoping for a decent room only (hopefully for AoA suites!).

Last edited:
On the historical data is there somewhere that indicates what the discounts were at which resorts? For example 15%-30% room only discount; is there somewhere to see which resorts got the 15% and which got 20%, 25%, etc?

No, but casting a broad net, 15% was value, 20-25% moderate, and 30% deluxe. However, more popular resorts in those categories either had lower discount or no discount at all. You can take a look at the current room discount for late spring stays to see how they exclude or reduce discounts for certain room categories or even entire resorts.

Last edited:

We got free dining (Disney Dining Plan) when we did Bounce Back for our upcoming September trip. Historically they release the same discount as the BB offer for limited rooms. I did read that discounts are less each year and more spread apart with less dates but it could be just a rumor.

Here are the dates they did Bounce Back for the free dining. If they release free dining I would guess it will be for the same dates.

• May 29 – June 5, 2018
  • June 29 – July 11, 2018
  • August 1 – September 8, 2018
  • December 7 – 22, 2018

Last edited:
I am also looking for a room only discount for September. Currently we are booked at WL for the 2nd week of September, and I have never had trouble getting a discount there. However I looked yesterday and all the rooms for the week of our stay are booked! I am assuming this is bc of the DVC taking up half of the hotel. Does anyone know if that means they will not offer a discount at WL? Does a room have to be available to apply a discount?

Also waitingggg! Fingers crossed for a decent room only discount, and I'm really hoping there is better availability for the AP rates this year! We're booked with friends & family right now though, so better than nothing. :)

I am also looking for a room only discount for September. Currently we are booked at WL for the 2nd week of September, and I have never had trouble getting a discount there. However I looked yesterday and all the rooms for the week of our stay are booked! I am assuming this is bc of the DVC taking up half of the hotel. Does anyone know if that means they will not offer a discount at WL? Does a room have to be available to apply a discount?

Discounts are offered to fill rooms. So, yes, a room has to be available in order to get a discount. They may offer discounts on club level or deluxe rooms, depending on availability, but they can’t offer a discount on a room category that doesn’t have any available.

Waiting on Sept code! I booked WL Copper Creek Deluxe Studio cause nothing else available now.

Hello! Looking for free dining. Our dates are flexible but we are looking at Sept 5-12 right now. Most likely stay at POP unless POR is included then I am hoping we can try that out this time!

Hi,

How do these discounts work and where do you find them? I live in the UK and I've booked from the UK site for a 3 night stay 9-12 of September.

I'm in too! We just booked POFQ yesterday and are hoping for some kind of discount. My BF has never been and wanted POFQ and DDP so free dining or a room discount would be great!

I realize POFQ is often excluded, so when we hear about discounts we will decide whether to look at other resorts or stick with the price we booked.

Hi,

How do these discounts work and where do you find them? I live in the UK and I've booked from the UK site for a 3 night stay 9-12 of September.

Mousesavers gives a table that shows you the historic discounts offered: Historical Disney World Discounts

Some are for AP holders, some for the general public, some for Disney Visa card users, some for Florida residents only. Sometimes Disney will also send out unique offer codes to people, and they are only good for whoever receives them.

So, for example, when the public discounts come out for September (if there are any) you can check to see if the discounts are for your hotel and your dates and your room category. I'm assuming you could check on the Disney UK site, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I talked to a lady at Disney today and she said they should be coming out next month; I really hope that is true! We will be there the end of September.

I talked to a lady at Disney today and she said they should be coming out next month; I really hope that is true! We will be there the end of September.
Meghan, welcome to the DIS!
Recent past years' deals came out end of April, so that would be about right if they don't change anything. My Sept 2012 trip I booked with Free Dining at the beginning of March, so they've moved them back in more recent times. Just keep being vigilant. Watch for updates here, and watch the disney website daily. I've always received notice at least a few days early from my friends here at the DIS, but you never know if Disney will get one by us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts