September 2010 Check-In

We're heading out 9/25-9/30!:banana:
We're staying at GCV and are very excited about it- it will also be just after my DS's 3rd birthday!
I'm currently working on a combo PTR-TR because we're also going to DLP in June. I started that one if anyone's interested:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2439987
but I don't plan to do much with our DL reports until we're back from DLP. We didn't get "in" on time to do the GAD...and we're also going back and forth on getting APs or just hoppers.

I'll check out your PTR/TR! I love following them. The Trip Reports board is my main haunt, I have to be honest. I'll even put a link up in the OP when I get around to editing it, which will probably be later this week. I have to make the images first.

I forgot to mention, the link to my EXTENSIVE and never-ending trip report is in my signature. I haven't officially started this PTR yet since I only just canceled my July trip I was planning. But I do have 2.5 completed TR's posted :rotfl:

Portofino has a policy stated on their website that says if you have a reservation with them and you find it cheaper on other websites (expedia, priceline, etc) you can call them, the reservation agent will look it up on that website to verify the price, and then they will change your reservation price. I always prefer to book thru the hotel website directly and LOVE this policy! We did it last year also. I booked it thru the Portofino website at $89.99 a night and then it was on expedia for $63, one simple call and I had a confirmation email that it'd been changed! Portofino is a little bit of a walk (couple blocks) from the main gates, but it's easy. I think it's a GREAT hotel and probably wont ever stay anywhere else!

That's a pretty nifty deal! Do you know how the walk is compared to the Howard Johnson? That's where I'll probably be staying again. I'm hoping I can snag their Entertainment Rate, but we'll see. If the parents end up going we may stay on site (which would mean more MM for me),

Darn! Too bad our dates don't coincide this year! The website for the conference is http://www.notbacktoschooldays.com.

I know, right?!

:thumbsup2 I'll make sure to include that.

Woohoo! Looks my husband now is fully onboard with a trip this September!!

:cool1::cool1:

My DS (13) and I are going from Sept 6-10; first DLR trip for him, first for me since I was in diapers. :lmao: We're either saying at GC, or at the VGC, if my waitlist comes through. We'll be there for the Not Back to School Rally, which I believe starts on the 8th.

My DS (13) and I are going from Sept 6-10; first DLR trip for him, first for me since I was in diapers. :lmao: We're either saying at GC, or at the VGC, if my waitlist comes through. We'll be there for the Not Back to School Rally, which I believe starts on the 8th.

Woo hoo!!! I look forward to meeting you at the Rally!

Woo hoo!!! I look forward to meeting you at the Rally!

Cool! You two will definitely have to meet up with your LGMH's :woohoo:

So, hoping I get around to editing some photos tonight I'll also make the headers I'll need and start updating everyone's information tonight!! Because ...

:woohoo: I have dates :woohoo:

I have officially booked September 23 to September 27 at the HOJO. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that they offer the ET but it will be alright regardless. Not only is it a possibility that my dad may be coming along (maybe my mom too) but the only one of my cousins that I actually get along with and is my age is fairly positive she can make it.

I'm a very happy camper today.

I'm coming too! Sept. 13-18, staying at DLH (got the "summer" rate). I'm traveling with my friend's family, including her 4 year old daughter. First trip with a little one for me- should be great (and a totally different way to experience the magic)!

Did GAD and upgrading to my first AP.

I'm coming too! Sept. 13-18, staying at DLH (got the "summer" rate). I'm traveling with my friend's family, including her 4 year old daughter. First trip with a little one for me- should be great (and a totally different way to experience the magic)!

Did GAD and upgrading to my first AP.

Welcome to the thread! How exciting to be getting an AP! Have you already thought about when your next trip is going to be after September? And I'm sure it will be fun to be traveling with a kid (although not always so fun). I would love to go with my little sister so I could experience the magic through her eyes -- you know?

Oh, what was your GAD stuff like?

We are going Sept. 12-18 and staying at the DLH. We usually stay at the Paradise Pier, but I thought we would try something different and see what happens.

We are going Sept. 12-18 and staying at the DLH. We usually stay at the Paradise Pier, but I thought we would try something different and see what happens.

I hope you like it! I stayed at the DLH back in 2006 and I absolutely adored it! I don't think anything will ever touch my love of the GCH though. Too bad I can't afford to stay on site period!

I just won Park hoppers from a local radio station so we are going for sure.:cool1: I can't decide on the last week of September or the second week of October but I have ressies at the DI&S for the 27 - Oct 2. We are really excited my MIL will be making two more Fairy costumes for the ToTP in DCA. I am a planner so I have to get these things done early!! LOL!!

I'll go ahead and add you with the 27th-2nd dates for now. I'll update it if those plans change! But so cool that you won your PH! What did you win them for?

Back in 2003 we won a trip through my sister's softball raffle and we ended up going for Christmas! It was so neat.

I'll go ahead and add you with the 27th-2nd dates for now. I'll update it if those plans change! But so cool that you won your PH! What did you win them for?

Back in 2003 we won a trip through my sister's softball raffle and we ended up going for Christmas! It was so neat.

The radio made you listen at ceritan times of the day for a word you hear the word text it back to them and in the next 10 minutes they call you. I of course got busy and forgot that I had texted and when this man asked if I texted him I was like AHH NO! He said Are you sure you weren't trying to win something! LOL!!! THEN like a dork I remembered!!:rotfl2: It was all crazy I never win anything! I couldn't believe I won!! I'm very excited to go at a different time of the year! :lovestruc This should be a lot of fun for our family!!

The radio made you listen at ceritan times of the day for a word you hear the word text it back to them and in the next 10 minutes they call you. I of course got busy and forgot that I had texted and when this man asked if I texted him I was like AHH NO! He said Are you sure you weren't trying to win something! LOL!!! THEN like a dork I remembered!!:rotfl2: It was all crazy I never win anything! I couldn't believe I won!! I'm very excited to go at a different time of the year! :lovestruc This should be a lot of fun for our family!!

That's totally awesome! Too bad I don't even listen to the radio to find things like that. But congrats. I love it when people who are going to put their winnings to good use win things. And I think us DIS'ers definitely know how to put free park hoppers to good use!

Add me too please...
dates are 9/28-10/2....woohoo!
Staying at the Hojo kids suite and making wishes everyday for Ent.Rates:wizard:

I'm gonna bump this up. See if we have any newcomers! Join the party :grouphug:

Hope everyone had a great week and has a better weekend!

Happy early-Mother's Day to all the moms out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter