September '20 WISH Challenge - New Beginnings

I'm thankful I'm having a three day weekend!!
ove the idea of a Friday weigh in. I think I will skip Tuesday (my usual day) and do Fridays from now on.

We have a 3 day weekend here as well - but I have been on break for a week already - it has been a busy break - I have been cleaning the, trying to organise and clean out as well painting some furniture. @Oneanne I saw the other day you were feeling the gray tones for some re-decorating also :) I went from timber to gray, white and crystal knobs for a bit of a luxurious change.

IMG_4022.jpgIMG_4026.jpg

I also started using Fridays as my main weigh in days in September - to take the pressure off the weekend a little - I mean I can't cut completely loose but it is easier on the mind/mood if I am not constantly thinking about what I eat will do to Monday's weigh-in when the weekends should be for relaxing!

That being said I did just do a weigh in this morning as I have been avoiding and just needed to know the number to re-set for October. Okay - It is a beautiful spring day - so I am going to get up - wake up my children - and head to the beach to enjoy this long weekend (with everyone else - ugh) - I just hope I can get a park.

Happy weekend everyone - I am planning on being around a bit more again this month as I really need the chats and the accountability :)

Had a lovely day in the house all by myself! Did some laundry, vacuumed and washed the hardwood floors. Before I go to bed I wanna wash the bathroom/kitchen floors. Hope I remember!

Eating was not spectacular, but I don't care! Now that it's a new month I'll plan some meals and do some grocery shopping. I saw pumpkin ravioli at the market but I was in a hurry/on a mission and didn't grab it. I'm sure those yummy types of food will be around for a while!

Sorry for being MIA. It's been a week.

Wednesday was my last day in PreK. My ex-para was in for one hour. She came in Thursday, my first day in Kindergarten, and she was out again on Friday. By the grace of God, she is no longer my problem.🙏

Thursday and Friday were so busy and so overwhelming. Because PreK had a sub for the in-school students, and she had no access to Teams, I had to live stream to my old PreK students while also live streaming to my new Kindergarten, and teaching 14 Kindergarten students in person. My new para is shared with another class, and of course, she was in the other classroom until after lunch. So, all by myself, I juggled three separate groups of children from age 3-6. The device I was given for PreK wasn't working, so I downloaded Teams on my cell phone and used that. My Kindergarten Team wasn't working correctly, so they were lost in the sauce. My live class was a very rambunctious group, but being a veteran teacher, I handled it.

When all is said and done, I absolutely love teaching Kindergarten again after all these years. It was such a great decision and I'm absolutely over the moon. (Speaking of moons, my first day was a full moon, and the room number is 13! I was just waiting for a black cat to cross my path.)

My new classroom is cluttered and filthy, so I spent hours after school throwing stuff away and deep cleaning. I can now see the sinks and the counter. There's sooooo much else to do in addition to the responsibilities of this new position. The anal retentive part of me is going crazy. I want to just clean clean clean until I feel comfortable, but I must pace myself. It will get done eventually.

In the meantime, my birthday is on Monday, but we are celebrating this weekend. We are ordering Chinese takeout for dinner. My daughter made me a birthday cake with a Cinderella theme, and I know that my DH will be getting me yet another Disney Gift Card. I really hope that I get to use it this summer...

I will be back to go through all of your posts this week and try to catch up.

Enjoy this beautiful autumn weekend.

Wednesday was my last day in PreK. My ex-para was in for one hour. She came in Thursday, my first day in Kindergarten, and she was out again on Friday. By the grace of God, she is no longer my problem.🙏

Thursday and Friday were so busy and so overwhelming. Because PreK had a sub for the in-school students, and she had no access to Teams, I had to live stream to my old PreK students while also live streaming to my new Kindergarten, and teaching 14 Kindergarten students in person. My new para is shared with another class, and of course, she was in the other classroom until after lunch. So, all by myself, I juggled three separate groups of children from age 3-6. The device I was given for PreK wasn't working, so I downloaded Teams on my cell phone and used that. My Kindergarten Team wasn't working correctly, so they were lost in the sauce. My live class was a very rambunctious group, but being a veteran teacher, I handled it.

When all is said and done, I absolutely love teaching Kindergarten again after all these years. It was such a great decision and I'm absolutely over the moon. (Speaking of moons, my first day was a full moon, and the room number is 13! I was just waiting for a black cat to cross my path.)

My new classroom is cluttered and filthy, so I spent hours after school throwing stuff away and deep cleaning. I can now see the sinks and the counter. There's sooooo much else to do in addition to the responsibilities of this new position. The anal retentive part of me is going crazy. I want to just clean clean clean until I feel comfortable, but I must pace myself. It will get done eventually.

In the meantime, my birthday is on Monday, but we are celebrating this weekend. We are ordering Chinese takeout for dinner. My daughter made me a birthday cake with a Cinderella theme, and I know that my DH will be getting me yet another Disney Gift Card. I really hope that I get to use it this summer...

So much good news here! Glad kindergarten has been such a good move even with all those technical issues-hoping your new para is more professional and helpful rather than a pain.

And...

E5AFD7E4-CEFF-4B06-86D0-DA8FCD6A023A.jpeg

We have a 3 day weekend here as well - but I have been on break for a week already - it has been a busy break - I have been cleaning the, trying to organise and clean out as well painting some furniture. @Oneanne I saw the other day you were feeling the gray tones for some re-decorating also :) I went from timber to gray, white and crystal knobs for a bit of a luxurious change.

View attachment 529514View attachment 529515

I also started using Fridays as my main weigh in days in September - to take the pressure off the weekend a little - I mean I can't cut completely loose but it is easier on the mind/mood if I am not constantly thinking about what I eat will do to Monday's weigh-in when the weekends should be for relaxing!

That being said I did just do a weigh in this morning as I have been avoiding and just needed to know the number to re-set for October. Okay - It is a beautiful spring day - so I am going to get up - wake up my children - and head to the beach to enjoy this long weekend (with everyone else - ugh) - I just hope I can get a park.

Happy weekend everyone - I am planning on being around a bit more again this month as I really need the chats and the accountability :)
That looks great!

~Social Saturday~

so sorry for the delay again! Weekends aren’t as easy for me to log in as it is usually go go go!
Anyone planning their post COVID vacation yet? I am itching to get on a vacation. Disney is probably a 2023 activity, if I were to guess. I’m either itching for the beach or some mountains.

Hoping to reschedule our family Disney trip for next summer. Also hoping family (from out of state) and friends can join us at our place in Ocean City again by next summer. Several get togethers had to be canceled-haven’t seen my niece’s little ones in over a year. So hoping things improve by next summer for sure!

Looks like it won't be post-covid,but I do have my March trip to WDW. I go back-and-forth, sometimes feeling excited about it sometime blasee, sometime thinking I'd rather not go. We'll see what going on closer to the time.

I have my week off the end of October, and my trip to the ocean shore for a couple days that week. I'm also having mixed feeling about that, as it turned into a family trip to join my SIL when she goes down for my Brother's birthday. So it'll be heavy and highly emotional, plus I'm sharing the room with my Sister which I also have mixed feeling about. FIrst impulse is that I'd rather be on my own, but I think having human contact will be good.

I had my pre-cleanse consult this morning, yep, it's a lot. A total change. A full time job. I have to sort thru the info she's sent and do my shopping. Food wise it's going to be soup, grilled veggies and stir-fry veggies. I'm already missing anything crunchy, just thinking about it. This week is my pre-pre-cleanse transition week, where I'm cutting back on dairy and sugar, then on the 10th I start the pre-cleanse transition week.

I was going to get a badly needed massage tomorrow, but my cough is still happening and I've been stuffy today so I rescheduled it for next weekend. So nothing particular is planned for tomorrow... the football game is at 10am, so I think I'll sleep in, watch the game, do some more work outside and outside.

No trips in the works right now. We had to cancel a big one the very week everything was shutting down, and I'm just not ready to invest in a lot of uncertain planning. But I've been concentrating on shorter-term goals and spontaneous fun lately, and have been content with rediscovering the little things.

Gadgets:
I totally forgot my NUTRIBULLET! I use it every morning to make my shake. I’ve never been much of a breakfast person. So a shake is perfect for me!

Woohoos:

Woohoo- I feel like I’m continuing to manage my stress ok. There are definitely ups and downs. But overall I’m pretty proud of myself! The evidence is that I’m sleeping through the night. On a normal year, the stress of the start of a new school year would keep me up at night. But maybe I’m just so exhausted by the end of the days but either way, I’m sleeping!
Woohoo- I’m maintaining my weight. Not a huge woohoo since I’d rather be losing. But I tend to go up on the weekends and back down during the week. So I’m considering that maintaining. I’m going to have to get more focused on the weekends. But for now, I’ll be happy with maintaining.

Thankful Thursday:

I’m thankful for the reminders on here to schedule a flu shot. I also like to go to my dr office for it. So I need to try to schedule that:

I’m thankful for my husband being home and able to drive the kids around while I am focused on work. Eventually (hopefully) I’ll get into more of a routine. But for now, it is super helpful to have him home!

I’m thankful for my health. We are starting to see a few cases in the school district and one of the daycares had 3 teachers test positive. Also one of my former students (I remained close with the family) got Covid at college. So far, he seems to be feeling ok and he has a great support system there (coach’s family, landlord, friends) bringing him food and leaving it at his door.
I love my Nutribullet too. It took me a few times to feel comfortable using it, but once I got used to it, I really used it a lot over the summer. Right now, it is just sitting in the cabinet.

I had a moment of clarity this week and scheduled flu shot appointments at CVS for DD and I. We are getting them this morning.

I'm also thankful for my health. By now, I've usually had my first cold...bronchitis. With all of the PPE usage, I haven't caught anything yet. Hopefully my good health will continue and the kids that can't seem to keep their masks on along with the educated adults in my school who flat out refuse to keep their masks on won't bring us to a dark and scary place. We have Covid cases in many schools, but the contact tracing is showing that it starts in social settings outside school where people are being stupid. If we could all just get on the same page and wear our masks, this would all be over much quicker.

View attachment 529514

View attachment 529515

Except for the days when I went to WW, and the weigh-in was determined by when I could find a convenient meeting...usually Saturday mornings...I have made my weigh-in on Friday. That way, I can really enjoy Friday night and choose my cheat day depending on what is going on during the weekend. Unfortunately right now, every day is a cheat day. My eating is just terrible. I'm going from one extreme of forgetting to eat because I'm too busy and overeating to comfort myself. I know exactly what I'm doing and how unhealthy this is. During my mask breaks, I'm having a piece of fruit or an Iconic protein shake. But at home, it's bad. I normally don't eat the treats aka contraband that my sabotaging DH brings into the home. Right now, I'm sampling it all...the pumpkin muffins, apple spice muffins, ice cream, etc...

I'm hoping that once my days become more than working, cleaning (school & home), eating, and sleeping, I can get myself back on track. I do expect that once we go 100% remote, it will be easier for me to have "me time." I must give props to my daughter. She has been cooking dinner every night so I don't have to deal with that. I do so appreciate her contribution.

~Social Saturday~

so sorry for the delay again! Weekends aren’t as easy for me to log in as it is usually go go go!
Anyone planning their post COVID vacation yet? I am itching to get on a vacation. Disney is probably a 2023 activity, if I were to guess. I’m either itching for the beach or some mountains.
After cancelling our trip at the Polynesian in June 2020, we booked July 2021.

At the time I thought we would be Covid-free by then. Now, not so much. I will be getting the vaccine, and my DH may be able to get it too, but DD might not be eligible for it. Teachers are one of the first that will be able to get it. I'm hoping that her asthma diagnosis will make her eligible. The information I recently read stated that the vaccine will not be as effective as the vaccines we all get in childhood. This will be more like the flu vaccine...not 100% effective. So, we will have to continue wearing masks and social distancing. The idea of wearing a mask in the summer in WDW sounds awful. I know people are doing it. I suffered in my 92 degree classroom wearing my mask all day, not really walking much. The parks are basically all walking. We already only go in the morning and leave at lunchtime, then hang at the pool. We will have to see how things are in the spring before we decide whether or not it will be worth $10,000 to have a less than stellar WDW experience. I think what keeps me from entirely scrapping the trip is the airline credit of $2,000 that needs to be used by the end of 2021. I would hate to lose that money.

At some point, I would like to get back to summer vacations in Cape Cod. I could see that happening in the summer if WDW gets cancelled.

Bucket List Post Covid: Hawaii.

It’s so fun discovering new similarities between us. My birthday was yesterday! And we had Chinese takeout too! 😋

Sounds like you are focusing on the positives while managing the difficulties at work. Your new students and former pre-k students are lucky to have you working so hard to teach 3 groups of students!

It’s so fun discovering new similarities between us. My birthday was yesterday! And we had Chinese takeout too! 😋

Sounds like you are focusing on the positives while managing the difficulties at work. Your new students and former pre-k students are lucky to have you working so hard to teach 3 groups of students!
OMG! How funny!
🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

Thanks, I'm trying. Even with the obstacles, I'm still happier than I was just a few days ago.

Happy Birthday @MickeyMom76 and @Summer2018

So far self-care Sunday has been sleeping in, a foggy drive around the beach loop, kitten snuggles and now watching the Seahawk's game. Next up is getting laundry going and some general housekeeping, then I really need to dig in to the info for the cleanse and figure everything out.

Yesterday was a much better food day and I already feel better, which confirms my crudy-ness has been food related and not something else. I actually got on the scale this morning, something I haven't been doing lately - yikes, September was rough. I also ordered the lancets and strips for my blood sugar monitor, something I also haven't been doing lately, but with the cleanse will need to keep a close eye on it. Still looking forward to October and hopeful that it will be better.

..............529956Balloons.jpg
:mickeyjum Happy Birthdays @Summer2018 and @MickeyMom76!! :mickeyjum

October appears to be a very popular month here! - Mine will be on the 10th. Anyone else's coming up?

Self-care Sunday was nice and quiet here. I did some lesson planning for the twins. (It's going much better since their parents pulled them from the online program and I'm just straight homeschooling them.) Then I did some fall/Halloween decorating, and watched a few episodes of a game show with DH over dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter