September '20 WISH Challenge - New Beginnings

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
Welcome to the September 2020 W.I.S.H. (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy) challenge!! - "New Beginnings"

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy during these trying times. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers! We have weekly volunteer hosts, and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:

Motivation Monday,
Topic Tuesday,
WOOHOO Wednesday,
Thankful Thursday,
Free For All Friday,
Social Saturday &
Self-Care Sunday.

This month's hosts

8/31-9/6 - PollyannaMom
9/7-9/13 - MickeyMom76
9/14-9/20 - Oneanne
9/21-9/27 - sjrec
9/28-10/4 -
dsnyfn1022

So pull up a keyboard, introduce yourself, and share your goals for this month!

Last edited:
Hi! :wave: - I'm Nicole, 49, and this semester I'll be homeschooling kindergarten for my friends' twins. My own son is off at his second year of college in Maine, and my DH works here at home, in biotech. We have two princess kitties.

My main health goal for September is to maintain my exercise routine in spite of going back to school schedules and shorter days. I'd also like to try a couple of new recipes.

Hi! I’m Cristin. I’m 43, a wife, mom of 16 yr old boy/girl twins and a dog owner. I’ve been teaching for 20 years (started in first grade, but have been in kindergarten for the last 14 years) and this year by far is starting out to be the most challenging. But I try to see challenges as a way for me to grow. So let’s do this 2020 school year!

My fitness goal is to continue to lose weight I lost 6 pounds in August (finally after months of stress eating). I would like to push myself to lose 10 pounds in September.

In order to reach this goal, I will:
-workout every day (Sunday is stretching)
-meal plan/prep on Sundays
-follow meal plan
-drink 80 oz of water each day

Last edited:

Hello! :wave2: It's been a really long time since I've joined in on a WISH challenge! I'm 27 and a new mama to a 3 month old boy. Prior to this I had lost ~80lbs (236.5 to 155-160) but I gained it all back due to fertility issue stresses and then pregnancy. I've lost 30lbs since giving birth and am ready to get back to it.

My goal this month is to close all 3 rings of my Apple Watch 20/30 days! So that's standing up, exercising for 30 minutes, and burning 350 calories. Obviously the end goal is a bit of weight loss but I want to focus more on the fitness stuff this month.

Welcome to the September 2020 W.I.S.H. (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy) challenge!! - "New Beginnings"

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy during these trying times. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers! We have weekly volunteer hosts, and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:

Motivation Monday,
Topic Tuesday,
WOOHOO Wednesday,
Thankful Thursday,
Free For All Friday,
Social Saturday &
Self-Care Sunday.

This month's hosts

8/31-9/6 - PollyannaMom
9/7-9/13 - MickeyMom76
9/14-9/20 -
9/21-9/27 - sjrec
9/28-10/4 -

So pull up a keyboard, introduce yourself, and share your goals for this month!

I can do 9/28 - 10/4!

Hello! :wave2: It's been a really long time since I've joined in on a WISH challenge! I'm 27 and a new mama to a 3 month old boy. Prior to this I had lost ~80lbs (236.5 to 155-160) but I gained it all back due to fertility issue stresses and then pregnancy. I've lost 30lbs since giving birth and am ready to get back to it.

My goal this month is to close all 3 rings of my Apple Watch 20/30 days! So that's standing up, exercising for 30 minutes, and burning 350 calories. Obviously the end goal is a bit of weight loss but I want to focus more on the fitness stuff this month.
Congrats on the baby boy! And good for you for already working on getting active. I also went through fertility issues and all that stress! Then was blessed with twins. And boy, did I gain weight with the two of them...especially since I was on modified bed rest for most of the pregnancy. And I didn’t really get serious about losing the weight until they were about 10! Happy to have you in the group!

I"m going to re-join again this month. I've been reading along, but not posting, so figure I may as well jump back in.

I'm Becky, 49 years old and starting the transition to partial empty nest. Youngest just went off to college this fall, but middle DD moved back for probably about a year after graduating college this spring. She's in and out, so no full time kids at home right now. Still trying to get used to the slowed down pace, but we're doing ok.

My goal this month is to lose 5 pounds. I've been counting calories since May 3rd and have lost 30 pounds. When I got thinking about it, I decided my goal for 2020 is to lose 50 pounds by my 50th birthday (December 30th). To do that, I have to lose 20 more pounds and have 4 months to do it in, so I'm going for 5 pounds a month. I've been losing a little quicker than that so far, but I've been low pressure on my speed, so I don't want to end my progress by laying down new rules, but I thought 50 by 50 would be a fun and achievable goal!

Hi I'm Shannon. A 37 mom of 3 kiddos ranging in age from 2-8. I am currently working at home as a business analyst and will be dividing helping my kiddos with distance learning in two weeks with my very helpful mother in law.
My goal is maintenance. I was just getting my Pandemic body back in shape when I threw out my back. So this month i intend to gently start getting back into excersize while drinking more water and working on healthier snacks. I'm a stress eater and I'm not trying to change that (right now) so just working on better alternatives....reeses thins as opposed to double stuff cups counts right?
I am big into making junk food not so junky so anyone who has similar interests I am always down for trying a new black bean brownie or chickpea chocolate chip cookie recipe!

I’m Sandy, retired here in south central PA. I have one married daughter and a 10 year old grandson. My husband and I are currently downsizing and planning to live full time at our home in Ocean City, Md.
Welcome to our new posters! And good for all you young moms getting back in shape! I finally lost my baby weight when the “baby” was in HS!

I am maintaining a 70lb weight loss for almost 20 years. Some days are easier than others and I have gained about 5-6lbs over the summer than I am determined to lose this month. So healthy meals, counting points ( I do WW), walk 2 miles at least 5 days a week and drink water with meals.

Rejoining!
Our trip has been unexpectedly bumped up to mid-September (from mid-November) and I'd like to be ready for it. Fat girl + humidity= a hot mess.

Most of our gyms are still closed. My gym permanently closed. :/ I'm debating on joining another one so I have access to a bike. I've damaged my left shoulder and will have a torn rotator cuff repaired in October. I'd like to be down a few more pounds by surgery (I wish 10, but with a trip in there I don't know if that's possible) and be a little more conditioned. When it got super hot here I slacked off on exercising!

I'm Linda from the Pacific Northwest. Sorta empty nester once again as DS2 headed back to college in NYC yesterday. We've got my niece's 8 year old twins living with us so the house is never quiet!

I think this month I will continue my focus on keeping my tummy happy by continuing the search for foods that don't tick it off. I'm going to add a little weight lifting three times a week. I hit onderland recently and then gained a teensy bit (still there though!). Need to reverse the scale this week!

Have a great month, everyone! Just being here is definitely a step in the right direction.

Glad to see so many people participating this month!!

Topic Tuesday ~

This thread is called "New Beginnings" because, for me at least, fall is the real beginning of a new year. Having lived most of my life on the academic calendar (as I know a lot of us here do) that’s always been the fresh start for me, rather than January.

Anyone else have thoughts on this? And if you do feel the same way, what are your “New Years resolutions?”

New years resolution huh? Hhhhmmm maybe a focus on self care for...well self...and family. We were in survival mode for the past few months with all the abrupt shifts and insane amounts of work. Even while at home working 12+ hour days often more than 5 days a week is still a lot.
So yeah self care. Not sure what form that will take but its needed.

And if you do feel the same way, what are your “New Years resolutions?”
#1 Survive
#2 Positive Mindset
#3 Stay Healthy

While the last few month have been full of that out of control feeling and inability to plan, I’ve recently found comfort in being able to plan meals and control my diet & exercise. And with the new school year starting and the stress of figuring out how to teach kindergarten both live and virtually, I hope to stay positive and continue to find comfort in controlling my health (if nothing else)

Anyone else have thoughts on this? And if you do feel the same way, what are your “New Years resolutions?”

I like how you call this your New Year. I'm not a teacher, but life does kind of revolve around the school calendar even when it's just because of your kids.

I think my resolutions for this month are to find new routines. Our youngest left for college in August. Middle DD is back living at home after graduating college in May, but she is in and out, so our evenings are nothing like they were before. We were always following DS around for the sports he played and now our evenings consist of watching NCIS:rotfl2:.

I'm still not sure what I even want it to be, but we need to find something else to do in the evenings. Even meal times are odd - I usually cook 4 or so nights a week, but if it's just DH and myself, we tend to eat in the living room in front of the tv. I haven't decided yet if I really like that lol, but it seems strange with just the two of us at the table.

Anyway, I think that's my goal for this month is to find a new evening routine!

Plan healthy meals (especially lunches)
Count points

I love fall-it was in September that I joined WW (for probably the 5th or 6th time) and finally lost weight-so by the time January rolled around I had lost a fair amount and could stay motivated. Much more successful than all those January resolutions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!