Sept-Dec Room Discounts ~ Information Here

There are more rooms opening. Yesterday for BLT the only room available was Deluxe Studio - Standard View. Today there is also Deluxe Studio - Lake View. I know it's the same room type but maybe there is hope for more types.

Oh my god, I need help. I think the DISboards have created a monster in me! I've never really done these discounts before but I got all into it since we are planning an October trip. DH and I were pretty set on POR so I was a little bummed that the discount was only 5% but at least my trip is already paid off, right?

Well, for fun, I've been playing around with different resorts and just realized we could stay for 3 nights at WL for under 1,000! When I was doing my calculations for 30%, I had it coming up over $1,000. So now I am contemplating moving to WL as its DH's dream resort. Do I pay extra cause it seems like a good deal or use that extra money as our fund for the F&W?

I think I need someone to block me from the website for a detox! :)

lhall7 said:
I applied the discount to my existing reservation yesterday morning around 8:30 am and I have not received my email either.

I had the same issue. I was concerned yesterday because I did not have anything showing the adjusted pricing. You can't seem to find your reservation details...as far as pricing...with the new WDW website. You need to access the old website (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/). I found it by doing an internet search for the "old WDW website". You will be able to retrieve your reservation showing the total $, your deposit, balance, and the per night pricing. I was very relieved after being able to get my reservation details. Hope this helps.

Added: In case you are unable to go back to the new WDW website, you will need to clear your browser cookies. Although you try to access the new website, the cookies from the old website will prevent it from going there. You will continue to receive the old website.

***UPDATE*** (8/29/13) I was just checking the link I posted for the old WDW website for a friend, and it doesn't seem to work anymore. You are now directed to the current website. I am not sure why WDW does not allow you to find the details of your reservation pricing.

I had the same issue. I was concerned yesterday because I did not have anything showing the adjusted pricing. You can't seem to find your reservation details...as far as pricing...with the new WDW website. You need to access the old website. I don't have the address now. But you can get to it by doing an internet search for "old WDW website" or you may need to spell it out. You will be able to retrieve your reservation showing the total $, your deposit, balance, and the per night pricing. If anyone needs the web address let me know and I will post it later. Hope this helps.

Wow that worked perfectly, thank you so much for the tip! :goodvibes I can stop worrying now! haha

It worked! Thank you so much! I feel so much better now! I wish the new site gave these details. I was REALLY worried b/c when I called to modify my reservation the CM said I had booked a WV at WL, but I had really booked a WV BB room at WL. It showed correctly for me, but she said she would change it. My DD would have been really upset if we would have arrived and no BB room.

I noticed there are several room categories that showed unavailable yesterday that are available again on MDE (including my #1 choice) so I gave it another try and just spoke with a CM again, although there are rooms available there are no RO discount rooms currently available for the resort I want.

It looks like people are cancelling and changing but the rooms are showing up in the rack rate inventory and not RO inventory.

Any chance these rooms will eventually end up in RO inventory or will they just stay rack rate?

I noticed there are several room categories that showed unavailable yesterday that are available again on MDE (including my #1 choice) so I gave it another try and just spoke with a CM again, although there are rooms available there are no RO discount rooms currently available for the resort I want.

It looks like people are cancelling and changing but the rooms are showing up in the rack rate inventory and not RO inventory.

Any chance these rooms will eventually end up in RO inventory or will they just stay rack rate?

Disney will open up more rooms to the promotions if they still need to get them filled. It's worth it to keep checking.

Disney will open up more rooms to the promotions if they still need to get them filled. It's worth it to keep checking.

That's what I was hoping. I've already got my #1 booked so in the grand scheme of things I'm good, I'm just hoping for a little extra pixie dust by getting the RO discount. I'll just keep checking.

Just called at 4:30pm, got straight through to a very nice lady. She applied the 15% discount to the 2 rooms I have reserved at Pop this December. We are staying 11 nights and it saved us just over $300.00 per room. Not a whole lot but every little bit helps:thumbsup2

I am absolutely, positively and emphatically thrilled this evening. Yesterday I gave up my WL CL reservation at rack rate for 11/29 - 12/5 and took a WL courtyard view along with my DxDP and saved $1300. It was bittersweet though because I really wanted CL and it was not available. :sad2:

This afternoon I log onto the Disney website and see an available CL under the room discount promo. Ohh please, let it be available once I get off work so I can call. As soon as I hit the door and get in my car a couple hours later I call, I'm on hold a couple of minutes and the cm comes on and tells me the WL CL is available. Woo Hoo book it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my WL CL back and saved $581 off the price I had already paid. :banana::dance3::yay:

Once I get home I go to the disney website and the WL CL is no longer available. Yes the pixiedust: fell upon me today. Sorry all, I am so thrilled I just had to tell somebody. :rotfl:

I've never not been able to secure a discount for my reservation before. Last night the special rate was leaked and you could get the discount if you booked a brand new reservation. Soooo, people booked last night with new reservations and those of us who had reservations already had to take what was left this morning.

I guess that teaches us pre-planners a lesson! I should have made new reservations last night and cancelled my old ones today. Oh well, lesson learned.

So, anyone know when AP rate comes out! :rotfl2:

Don't get your hopes up for additional inventory with the ap discount. The ap inventory for September was the same as the gp inventory, nothing extra. I've been watching it to see if my bb was the better deal. It seems like there aren't as many rooms available and I am sure part of it is so many people booking in advance hoping for a discount.

I had to go with Poly standard for my December trip, when I'd been hoping for an Epcot resort. Not my first choice, since I prefer to spend most of my time at Epcot, but it will do.

I am absolutely, positively and emphatically thrilled this evening. Yesterday I gave up my WL CL reservation at rack rate for 11/29 - 12/5 and took a WL courtyard view along with my DxDP and saved $1300. It was bittersweet though because I really wanted CL and it was not available. :sad2:

This afternoon I log onto the Disney website and see an available CL under the room discount promo. Ohh please, let it be available once I get off work so I can call. As soon as I hit the door and get in my car a couple hours later I call, I'm on hold a couple of minutes and the cm comes on and tells me the WL CL is available. Woo Hoo book it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my WL CL back and saved $581 off the price I had already paid. :banana::dance3::yay:

Once I get home I go to the disney website and the WL CL is no longer available. Yes the pixiedust: fell upon me today. Sorry all, I am so thrilled I just had to tell somebody. :rotfl:

Terrific!!! I'm so Happy for You!:banana:

Now that free dining and RO discounts are out do you think that if enough people upgrade from POR to other resorts that they may add POR to the 20% discount?
We have AAA but would love to save some more $$$$ and 5% is no where near better. We need the POR room as we are a family of 5 and I am way too cheap to stay deluxe.

I have read a few posts about peoples TA's not coming through with discounts and people who have booked themselves a while ago and not being able to apply the discount to their booking.

I do feel sad for you guys because it seems like you have just been unlucky with your TA or CM you have spoken to.

This will be our 3rd trip to WDW and we have used the same wonderful TA for all three trips. We originally booked a WL CY room back in Feb. with an AAA discount and our TA updated our RO discount and we have just saved $624. This will help with the plummeting Aussie exchange rate. :)

I hope for those of you still trying for a discount that something comes through. pixiedust:

I was able to get 20% off my existing reservation for the CR Garden Wing - Deluxe Room. I was hoping for a larger discount, but I will take it. It saved me over $500.

You really were sprinkled with some pixiedust: since there are only 3 of those rooms and hard to get a discount on. Congrates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter