Sept 1 2013 Disney Dream

ICan'tWait said:
We'll be there as well! Myself, DH and our two boys, who will be 13 and 10. We have been on one cruise back in 2009 and the boys have been begging to go on another ever since. I'm so excited it's finally going to happen. Now I just have to decide when to tell the boys.

I have a ds 12 sailing and is looking forward to making new friends..

Lady Duchess said:
So has anyone been busy making their magnets for their cabin doors? I have been getting mine ready so I can print them out :) It's so exciting. We are making shirts too. Looking forward to having a great time :)

What is this, im new to cruising, my 6 year would like t o decorate our door, is this what you talking anout

Hey everyone, Hope more will be signing up for Fish Extender ..
So far we have three rooms doing it
If you would like to sign up go on meet page under are cruise and click on FE

Hi I have dd 6 , she is looking forward to meeting new friends..

So is mine! We will be in cabin 5052 and we will be joining the FE, which I heard is alot of fun!

I am also new to the door magnets and such, Can anyone suggest a good place to purchase? I am not sure I will be great at printing them myself...I am not Crafty :confused3

So is mine! We will be in cabin 5052 and we will be joining the FE, which I heard is alot of fun!

I am also new to the door magnets and such, Can anyone suggest a good place to purchase? I am not sure I will be great at printing them myself...I am not Crafty :confused3

I've never decorated the door myself, but I saw a lot of good door magnets on Etsy.com while I was shopping for an FE.

I think this link will get you there, but if it doesn't just go to Etsy and search "Disney Cruise Magnet": http://www.etsy.com/search?q=disney cruise magnet&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US&ref=auto1

Best,
Marise

SosaDisneyFamily said:
What is this, im new to cruising, my 6 year would like t o decorate our door, is this what you talking anout

You can make your magnets at home. You find pics or request disigners to make some pics for you. Once you have that you can purchase magnet sheets from staples or other store. The magnet sheets go in your printer like paper and you print your photo on it to make the door magnets. I hope this helps.

You also can get transfer sheets that you can print on, the transfer sheets will allow you to transfer the pic on to a t-shirt if you wanted to make some special shirts :cool1:

twinsmom328 said:

That sounds like fun, how does it work, we have no idea about cruising. We have gone to dw 5 times but no dcl or anyother type.

twinsmom328 said:

That sounds like fun, how does it work, we have no idea about cruising. We have gone to dw 5 times but no dcl or anyother type.

I was just as confused about all this on my first cruise. :goodvibes
I'm not sure if you're asking about FE or door magnets, but you should see both in the pictures here: http://suchthespot.com/2011/01/disney-cruise-how-to-fish-extender/

Door Magnets: Stateroom doors are magnetic so people will print custom magnets on magnetic paper and/or purchase magnets online to decorate their stateroom door. Etsy.com has some good Disney cruise magnets specifically for the stateroom door (see link in my previous post).

Fish Extender: Set of pockets hung off the fish next to each stateroom door to extend it (hence the name). Some people make their own FE and others buy them (again Etsy.com is a good place to find them). Everyone who signs up to participate brings gifts for the other staterooms (handmade or purchased) and receives gifts in their FEs in return.
This groups FE thread with more information is here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3072189

Hope this helps!
~Marise

Thanks, yes I was ask sbout the FE. Any idea of what the gifts could be and were can we sign up. I think my kids would love doing this. Thank you, you guys are very helpful..

Maria

SosaDisneyFamily said:
Thanks, yes I was ask sbout the FE. Any idea of what the gifts could be and were can we sign up. I think my kids would love doing this. Thank you, you guys are very helpful..

Maria

Ok I went into the FE link..

I was smiling reading all the posts about the magnets and decorating. We love decorating our doors with the magnets and it helps to find the cabin easier too. Since this cruise will be a girls trip for me, one of my BFF's is so excited about the magnets since she has seen my families trip pictures and can't wait to to do it. It's the little things, you know! :) :woohoo:

I'm so stinkin' anxious to see what cabin we get and those that are waiting I'm sure you are too!

We cruise to Alaska in two months (which is coming up fast!) and I need to get my self in gear and get ready for that. Since I've sailed out of Port Canaveral 3 times now I feel prepared for our Sept cruise, but the Alaska trip is a whole new ball game. We are very excited but it's a different type of adventure. :yay:

Have a great weekend,
Heather

I was smiling reading all the posts about the magnets and decorating. We love decorating our doors with the magnets and it helps to find the cabin easier too. Since this cruise will be a girls trip for me, one of my BFF's is so excited about the magnets since she has seen my families trip pictures and can't wait to to do it. It's the little things, you know! :) :woohoo:

I'm so stinkin' anxious to see what cabin we get and those that are waiting I'm sure you are too!

We cruise to Alaska in two months (which is coming up fast!) and I need to get my self in gear and get ready for that. Since I've sailed out of Port Canaveral 3 times now I feel prepared for our Sept cruise, but the Alaska trip is a whole new ball game. We are very excited but it's a different type of adventure. :yay:

Have a great weekend,
Heather

Which Alaska cruise are you on??? I'm on the one sailing May 27th

Which Alaska cruise are you on??? I'm on the one sailing May 27th

OMG - too cool! We are on the 6/17 sailing. My DS doesn't get out of school until 6/7 so we couldn't go earlier -boohoo.

I'm so excited for you and please do post back!! :woohoo: I'm really eager to read some updates from the earlier sailings.

Heather

OMG - too cool! We are on the 6/17 sailing. My DS doesn't get out of school until 6/7 so we couldn't go earlier -boohoo.

I'm so excited for you and please do post back!! :woohoo: I'm really eager to read some updates from the earlier sailings.

Heather

It's a Small Dis World After-All! :)

I would be more than happy to gush about my trip once I'm back. Lol. It will be fun to compaire notes with someone doing the same cruise this year :hyper2:
Which on that note, I presume someone from your cruise has already discovered and shared that they're not doing a Pirate night on the Alaska cruises anymore? It has been replaced by a Pixar night instead.

~Marise

It's a Small Dis World After-All! :)

I would be more than happy to gush about my trip once I'm back. Lol. It will be fun to compaire notes with someone doing the same cruise this year :hyper2:
Which on that note, I presume someone from your cruise has already discovered and shared that they're not doing a Pirate night on the Alaska cruises anymore? It has been replaced by a Pixar night instead.

~Marise
Hi Marise! :wave2: Yes, small DIS world :) I can't wait for you to go and then come tell me all about it! Yes, isn't that an interesting "rumor about no more Pirate Night (or just our cruise?) and replacing with Pixar? On our sailing the Monsters University will PreMear at sea so I assumed that was the reason why but for all sailings? Wow. It would be nice to know ahead so we know if we need our pirate gear or not! pirate:

Heather

Hi Marise! :wave2: Yes, small DIS world :) I can't wait for you to go and then come tell me all about it! Yes, isn't that an interesting "rumor about no more Pirate Night (or just our cruise?) and replacing with Pixar? On our sailing the Monsters University will PreMear at sea so I assumed that was the reason why but for all sailings? Wow. It would be nice to know ahead so we know if we need our pirate gear or not! pirate:

Heather

:wave2: Heather!!

And I totally can’t wait to come back and talk all about it! Lol

My understanding is that they’re doing that substitution on all the Alaska cruises only because Alaska law doesn’t allow the fireworks at sea. I’m 90% certain that this substitution will take place as I confirmed the information with Disney.

Hmmm… I hadn’t heard of ‘Monsters University’. Great movie name though, totally peeks my interest! We’re hoping they’ll be showing Iron Man 3 since that will have just come out the week before we cruise.

:wave2: Heather!!

And I totally can’t wait to come back and talk all about it! Lol

My understanding is that they’re doing that substitution on all the Alaska cruises only because Alaska law doesn’t allow the fireworks at sea. I’m 90% certain that this substitution will take place as I confirmed the information with Disney.

Hmmm… I hadn’t heard of ‘Monsters University’. Great movie name though, totally peeks my interest! We’re hoping they’ll be showing Iron Man 3 since that will have just come out the week before we cruise.

Clearly you'll be able to give me an inside scoop after you return!! :lmao: :thumbsup2 :cool1:

Yep - you shouldn't have any issue with seeing Iron Man 3 since it's a Marvel movie and Disney owns them or has a major stake in them. I was able to see the Avengers on the Fantasy and I was *just* telling my DH last night - no need to see Iron Man 3 in the theaters, let's save a few $$ and see in on the ship! It'll probably still be playing for the 9/1 cruise too :banana:

Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter