Seniors in Disney World

Freedom50

Earning My Ears
Good morning
Has anyone ever ordered at any full service restaurants in any of the parks a meal to share? We know we will not be able to finish some of the huge portions offered. But we do not want to miss the experience of this type of restaurant. Thank you

We share all the time! The portion sizes are often too huge for us to eat a whole meal individually. Most restaurants have no issue with this, though a few may charge an extra split-plate charge. This usually gets you a bit extra on the side dishes. But a lot of places are quite ok with splitting, and if you let them know while ordering will often have the kitchen plate onto two plates at no charge. Places that serve 'family style', I don't think allow this, though.

If the split turns out to be not quite enough for each of us, it leaves room for a snack later on!

We have been splitting meals for years. Often, so that we can have dessert. At counter service we will either split platters or order from the kids menu.

Yep, I do it with my DIL all the time. I also eat kid's meals if I'm doing QS and usually save the fruit for later. I also do a lot of meals of just apps.

I just had a delicious kids meal at Tiffins 😂 I'm not an adventurous eater.

Attachments

• 97A10A51-9725-48A9-AF9F-E63DCE9DBF83.jpeg
    97A10A51-9725-48A9-AF9F-E63DCE9DBF83.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 3
My husband and I are seniors and we don't have big appetites any more. So, I usually order off the kids meal menu and sometimes we split meals. There has never been a problem at any of the sit down restaurants we have visited.
However, I guess that disney has cut portions back now, so I wonder if you really need to split one at this time?

I’m not a senior, but I am someone who likes to watch my waistline even on vacation, I will often share an entree with my daughter while at Disney. Or we save any leftovers (room has a microwave).

I find that at many of the restaurants the appetizers are some of the most appealing menu items. An app with maybe a side of fries and that's plenty for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter