See Excursions availiable before booking window

ashley4931

Earning My Ears
Hello!

This is our first Disney cruise and my first cruise ever! Our booking window opens up on June 26th to book excursions, but is it possible to see what is going to be potentially availiable for our particular sailing before then? I know with covid a lot of things can change and then gold and concierge can take all the spots too. Just wanting to create a list and backup list of activities we can book.

Also, does anyone know if you can book meet and greets with characters at this time? I believe that was something in the past, but not sure if it's happening now.

Not sure if this information helps, but we are sailing on the Disney Dream on September 9-12.

Thanks!

Info about Port Adventures in the DCL website. Scroll down the page, click on your destination and you will be redirected to a page with a lost.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/overview/

These are not guaranteed to be available at the time you will be able to book but it will give you an idea of what there is and how much it will cost.
Thank you! I'm sure I can find a bunch of ideas and then choose what's availiable and top choices. :)

You can see all the port adventures (excursions) on Disney's website, but you cannot see availability. That makes planning painful. I usually set up a spreadsheet and we vote on our favorites and have a couple options for each port. Then monitor it, because people frequently change their plans and things open up.

Also, does anyone know if you can book meet and greets with characters at this time? I believe that was something in the past, but not sure if it's happening now.
Not yet, but there are still plenty of opportunities to meet the characters on the ship. At this point meets are still distanced, meaning you can take pictures but you cannot give hugs.

You can see all the port adventures (excursions) on Disney's website, but you cannot see availability. That makes planning painful. I usually set up a spreadsheet and we vote on our favorites and have a couple options for each port. Then monitor it, because people frequently change their plans and things open up.
Yes we do the same. Usually have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice based on pre booking what might be available. This way we can quickly pivot from one to the next having already done our research in advance and deciding in advance.

Also if you want some on board tastings you might aim for earlier port adventures since many tastings on port days that we saw were for 2 pm or 4 pm or later.

if you can find a group for your specific cruise, you can usually ask or find out what is available for your cruise. Many of the excursions listed on dcl were not even offered for our next cruise. This was pretty disappointing. I'm not saying they were booked up before we could, they just simply aren't offered for our particular cruise. Knowing that going in when our window opened saved a lot of grief.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!