Secrets of the third attraction revealed

Originally posted by ksdave
New Line Cinema is an AOL-Time Warner Company.

Vivendi Universal owns 26.8 million shares in Time - Warner ..just to throw another wrench in the works....

Earl has said the attraction won't be the "Fast and Furious" ..which leads me to think it will be the Mummy attraction.

Or an ouside shot is a movie not from Universal Like Harry or Lord of the Rings.

that would mean three kiddie attractions at once
Are we sure that Shrek will be a kiddie attraction??

I agree that Fast & Furious (despite pretty solid box office numbers) just doesn't have wide enough appeal. All of the other featured films at USF have been very well known and have stood the test of time. F&F just doesn't naturally fit that description.

I was about to say that since F&F is based in LA, it just doesn't fit the New York theme where Kong currently is. But, of course, I was reminded that it has been an awful long time since a twister barrelled down the streets of Manhattan.

To the name of this thread, sorry, but no secrets ...

The official release as to what the attraction will be will take place in the Spring of 2003.

The real question .. how long will this thread be by then? ;)

Originally posted by gcurling
Are we sure that Shrek will be a kiddie attraction??

What I should have said is that Shrek will be a family attraction, appealing to mainly kids but some adults too (like Muppets 3D).

The official release as to what the attraction will be will take place in the Spring of 2003.
So, it will be closed for 6 months before we learn what the new attraction will be?? That's no fun.

I haven't read this entire thread, but I'll put in my guess now. It will be an indoor coaster based on the Mummy. Read something today from a guy that gets things right quite often. In a discussion about Universal's attendance numbers outpacing Disney, he mentioned the three new USF attractions: Jimmy Nuetron, Shrek and the Mummy coaster. So, I'll just guess and say he's right.

By 2005 B&M should have a 4D coaster. Took them 2 years to copy the flyer. I'll put in my vote for a 4D instead of a flyer at IOA. I rode stealth and it was too slow. If they do the flyer, make it faster, thru a forest with trees and tunnels, and full length. The SF versions are too short.

Originally posted by goofy4mickey48
a new terminator, new movie will be coming out next year?

T3 has one of the biggest budgets of all time, and there is already a T4 in the works (a computer game company has gained the rights to make games based on both T3 and T4).

It seems that, in a way, they really want to re-ignite the Terminator phenomenon.

However, i doubt they would put 2 Terminator attractions in one park :( , plus, Warner Bros are forking out the $170 million for the film

More info on T3:
http://www.thearnoldfans.com/movies/t3/info.htm

Actually Barnsey, Warn. Bros. has already forked out 210 million for it. They took a week break from shooting to "refigure" the final budget because of the high costs of everything. But that was about a week ago and this movie will go down as THE biggest budget movie ever....(pearl harbor 165mill)...exciting. My thoughts on the Kong replacement are as follows...Universal just signed Vin Diesel to do 3 (count them, that's a trilogy) that take place after the events of the film Pitch Black. Universal has decided that this will be their own personal "lord of the rings," "The Matrix," or "Harry potter" series. The director, David Thoewy (SP?), said that Pitch Black can be compared to The Hobbit, as the Hobbit was the prequel to Lord of the rings. Pitch Black will be the prequel to "The Chronicles of Riddick" which will come out some time in 2004 (summer?). This is the reason Vin will not be doing the Fast and the Furious sequel, can ya blame him..? (lets weigh it out, pop sequel movie that won't give any future direction in career, or sign on for trilogy that will be on the scale of Lord of the rings and put you in spotlight)....I've made my decision. Anyways to get back to subject, why not a future "world class" attraction based on a future world class movie series and the hottest action star out there. Well, I don't know if this made any sense to you guys but it makes sense to me...thoughts?:jester:

hmmm... I never even thought about that Afroman. Thanks for shedding some light.

Why?
There are still more Mummy and/or Scorpian King Sequels to come,
This is the closest thing to a classic Universal "property" that has been given new life, and
whatever ride platform that you decide to utilize, the exterior could remain the same.
They could utilize the New York Street themeing and create an entrance to the "ride" through a newly created "New York Museum of Natural History" Facade. Maybe at the end of the street by the Twister entrance instead of the current Kong entrance if rumors are true that the new attraction will actually take up more space than the current Kong attraction. The Queue area would even look like a museum with the featured exhibit being the recent discoveries from a newly discovered archeological site. As guest walk through, somehow you would get locked in (ala the new Poseidon's Fury) and the only way out would be through boarding the new ride. I would prefer a Launched Indoor Coaster at this point but reading into Gault's comments, any type of ride platform that rivals Spiderman would do just fine also.
Six Months is a long time to wait until "official" word so I am sure more speculation on this attraction will continue to run rampant.
HAVE FUN

Actually after much speculation, tripidation and emancipation, I can reveal that I am the next attraction at US. I am appearing for a limited time and express passes will be a must. I will be soft opening during September. If I am a hit, I will extend my stay to accomodate guests.

Thank you for your time.
I have left the building.
Repeat. I have left the building.

Sorry, there is already a ride called the Legend at Holiday World. :)

I think the amusement park rides from "Spy Kids 2" would be way cool to install into the park!

Does anything fit the New York theme anymore? It used to be home of Kong and the Ghostbusters, but now it is the home to Twister and some mystery ride. Does anyone think Universal should work on the New York area and try to make it a different theme?

Plus they said that Kong will be disassembled and put into storage for future use.
Hmmm...
Anyone want to rent Kong for their next Birthday Party?
HAVE FUN

Maybe they'll sell the pieces off on ebay like the mouse house did with parts of the old Journey Into Your Imagination ride. Anybody have a use for a tram in their backyard?? ;)

Originally posted by ksdave
Maybe they'll sell the pieces off on ebay like the mouse house did with parts of the old Journey Into Your Imagination ride. Anybody have a use for a tram in their backyard?? ;)

...heck they haven't stoped there...Disney sells just about anything you can think of on Ebay.

I'm not saying I have any insider knowledge for I'm pretty low on the food chain, but using a little common sense regarding previous comments, I have a good idea it will be a mummy attraction. It's one of Universal's hottest titles; Mummy Returns performed well enough that another sequal will more than likely be made; didn't Bob mention in an intervierw the third attraction would be based on a well known lisence with a sequal that will be in production eventually? Makes sense to me. Like others have said, a Mummy adventure inside a new yorkj museum would fit in the NY theme.

My personal opinion is it wouldn't be a coaster though; the studios go for a different audience than ioa. IOA is an adventure park, with thrills and chills; the studios invite you to ride the movies, putting you in the action. How would an indoor coaster put you inside the mummy movies?

I'm thinking something more alon the lines of the afore mentioned spiderman ride technology and disneyland's indiana jones (where each ride program is different than any other).

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter