Secrets & Little Known Facts about rides

Whew finally found it on page 83!! :)

disneypics4143.jpg

OMG I just went and read that entire thread - hysterical!!!!!!

This is a great thread! I've really enjoyed reading it.

And that family in the fountain...:scared1:

THANK YOU for the info on the names on the toombstones!:thumbsup2 I KNEW they had to be something to do with Disney, but couldn't place it all together!;)

1. Main Street is not flat. It's on a slope going down from the Castle to the front entrance. That's so guests move a little faster when they're exiting the Park. (source: tourguide on Keys to the Kingdom tour).

I think that CM was having a bit of fun with you, because the reason for the slope is two fold it is to allow for the tunnels under MK and to help with the perspective of the buildings while entering MK. the farther buildings, from the entrance, are actually shorter then the ones right inside the entrance.

Since we are on Main street, figuratively speaking, if you look at the windows on the 'second floors' you will see the names of the original imagineers and other importat people, like Walt and Roy Disney, see if yo can spot them next time you are there

I just read somewhere the golden camel in front of the Aladdin Magic Carpets (Adventureland MK) is controlled by someone hidden nearby and shoots unexpecting guests as they walk by. But I can't confirm that this is entirely true, does anyone else know? :confused3

Yes its VERY true, also nearby are tiki heads that do the same thing. When someone good is controlling the camel its hilarious to watch people get hit on top of the head with water and look around for the person spraying them.

Um I hate to disagree but when I worked at the Magic Carpets of Aladdin it was just a random occurance whe the camel 'spit'. the tiki idols aren't controled either, however I have to admit there was many a day i would stand at the entrance to the que for the Carpets and watch as people would pose for the camera and then while walking away get soaked...or just walking by and getting sprayed... good times

(With best Bill Engvall Impersonation...)

Here's Your Sign Scoobmuzic!

Warning though - You may get some strange looks from passerby's who don't realize what you are doing - you actually have to reach over the wooden fence to grab the rope!

ry%3D400

Oh i can't wait to do this one:banana:

Whew, I finally caught up to the end of this thread. Now I need to go stick my feet in a fountain somewhere... :lmao:

I think that CM was having a bit of fun with you, because the reason for the slope is two fold it is to allow for the tunnels under MK and to help with the perspective of the buildings while entering MK. the farther buildings, from the entrance, are actually shorter then the ones right inside the entrance.

Actually, you're both right. I've also read in a Disney book what this CM said -that Main Street is sloped so that you are actually walking up a slight incline when entering the park (when not tired, early in the day) and on a slight decline when leaving the park, so as to make it easier on your tired feet. The use of forced perspective also makes the castle and exits appear closer than they actually are.

I remember that thread... Good times

EEEWWWW :sick: :crazy2: :sad2: :scared1:

I cant believe they would have got away with that?

AHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT IS DISGUSTING!!! IF YOUR THAT HOT GO OVER SPLASH MOUNTAIN TO COOL OFF!!! Really, it does look like the lady to the right if washing her kids toes.....ewwww...ugh OMG! Like what if I Wanted to take a pic in front of that beautiful fountain..."uhhh excuse me could you please bathe elsewhere, I'd like a pic of DD in front of cindy's fountain!"

Ilk!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT IS DISGUSTING!!! IF YOUR THAT HOT GO OVER SPLASH MOUNTAIN TO COOL OFF!!! Really, it does look like the lady to the right if washing her kids toes.....ewwww...ugh OMG! Like what if I Wanted to take a pic in front of that beautiful fountain..."uhhh excuse me could you please bathe elsewhere, I'd like a pic of DD in front of cindy's fountain!"
Its not any worse than some of the sights you see walking off Kali River Rapids!!!:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl:
(biting tongue to not elaborate):happytv: :happytv: :happytv:

Only about 1/2 way through reading the posts but subscribing. This is the stuff that makes Disney so magical...:goodvibes

on the nemo ride @ epcot, has anyone ever noticed the little starfish that tells you how many people have come thru the park that day? we've heard it the last 2 times we've been on it and we were there last tues. and it said 18,000 people came thru the day before!
mousiemom

Great facts everyone!
I have about a 30 page print out of amazing facts that i printed out months ago, but when I tried to put in the url again, the site moved or something and I can't find it. If I ever find it, I will post it right away!

heres a

Fascinating Fact: The pavement at Epcot Center was engineered by Disney and Kodak photography to be painted a specific custom color of pink that makes the grass look greener and pictures look brighter. The colored sidewalks also give an overall cleaner look to the park.

This is really interesting! I love disney and I can't wait to go in April! lol

If you find that website or decide to scan/email those pages... (hint hint lol) please let me know!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter