Second Thoughts…and 3rd, 4th and 5th thoughts

I am second guessing and more which hotel to stay at in December. Currently I am booked at Caribbean Beach. I have not stayed there since the renovation, however I did stay there during it LOL. I like CBR but it is not my normal. We typically prefer Port Orleans Riverside, French Quarter, or Animal Kingdom Lodge. Obviously those are not open. I even enjoy Pop Century. I just don’t know what to do. I was almost talked into GDT at CSR, and I am still considering. Bottom line is….I have no clue where to stay since my top 3 are still closed.
My two cents....I don't care for CBR, my least fave moderate resort and we've done them all. It's large, lots of bus stops, food options are only bearable because you can go to Riviera to eat which isn't always easy if the skyliner is down, rooms were renovated years ago but still don't look great. If POP is on your radar, maybe save some $$ and consider that. Unless you'll use the pool a lot, there is no benefit to CBR over POP. Rooms at POP are newer and nicer.

If you are open to it, CSR is really nice with the new tower. Deluxe for mod pricing. Buses are still not stellar but doesn't seem as long since the resort isn't as expansive as CBR.

My two cents....I don't care for CBR, my least fave moderate resort and we've done them all. It's large, lots of bus stops, food options are only bearable because you can go to Riviera to eat which isn't always easy if the skyliner is down, rooms were renovated years ago but still don't look great. If POP is on your radar, maybe save some $$ and consider that. Unless you'll use the pool a lot, there is no benefit to CBR over POP. Rooms at POP are newer and nicer.

If you are open to it, CSR is really nice with the new tower. Deluxe for mod pricing. Buses are still not stellar but doesn't seem as long since the resort isn't as expansive as CBR.
Honestly we love POP, its usually our go to for shorter trips or a trip before a cruise. If we are doing a moderate then we use Port Orleans Riverside. I agree about CBR rooms, I wasnt sure if those had been updated at all recently.

Honestly we love POP, its usually our go to for shorter trips or a trip before a cruise. If we are doing a moderate then we use Port Orleans Riverside. I agree about CBR rooms, I wasnt sure if those had been updated at all recently.
The rooms at CBR were renovated, I think 2015 or so, but they look battered and bruised. I think given that so many of the other resorts have had more recent refurbs, they just appear lackluster.

My husband said he felt like we were at a Caribbean themed La Quinta. I really couldn't argue with him. We last stayed in early August 2020 when there were not many resorts re-opened so it was our resort of last resort.

The rooms at CBR were renovated, I think 2015 or so, but they look battered and bruised. I think given that so many of the other resorts have had more recent refurbs, they just appear lackluster.

My husband said he felt like we were at a Caribbean themed La Quinta. I really couldn't argue with him. We last stayed in early August 2020 when there were not many resorts re-opened so it was our resort of last resort.
I stayed there in 2017 and it wasnt spectacular. I thought they were updating them, but maybe it was just the common areas. They need a touch up for sure....

I stayed there in 2017 and it wasnt spectacular. I thought they were updating them, but maybe it was just the common areas. They need a touch up for sure....
Yes, they redid the lobby, the food court and the restaurants and I think that wrapped up by 2018. The lobby and food market are much nicer than they were but the rooms do need an overhaul. And rn all the restaurants are still closed so the only on site dining option is the food court.

It’s not a budgeting issue, it’s more of a newness feel and look. Transportation isn’ta biggie as I prefer to use a rental car over Disney transport besides the monorail.
GDT is the riddle in all this. I hear good things and am considering it. But I also am hoping they’ll open other resorts up soon.

GDT is a fantastic place to stay. Especially if they open up Toledo by the time you arrive. The indoor corridors are great - nothing flying into your room when you open the door. It's a large and beautiful resort, and staying at the Tower, you only have to get around the whole thing if you want to do so. We never had issues with busses, though most of the time, we take our car. We'll be going again in February, and if POFQ opens up by then, we'll do a split stay so that we get to stay in both of our favorite moderates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter