Seaworld

tymike

Earning My Ears
We are planning to go to sea world one day during out wdw visit at the end of june. Do they offer the option when you purchase your ticket at the gate of getting the second day free as long as it's within 7 days ??

i thought i read that somewhere but do not see anything on their site about it ???

thanks

scott

I also remember seeing the same thing. l think I saw it on their ticket prices page. Wish we had time to do SeaWorld this trip. Well, another excuse to go back to Orlando!!

I think they have discontinued that promotion.
However, just as an aside, you will get a discount if you buy it from their website 7 or more days in advance. It is an eticket and you print it right off the computer.

Everytime I have gone to Seaworld (3 times in the past three years!), the second day free promotion was going on...

If you ask on the Seaworld/Discovery Cove forum on this board, you will get some definite answers... The Seaworld Forum is about 3/4 down using the scroll down menu on the bottom of this page...

Originally posted by Cindy B
Everytime I have gone to Seaworld (3 times in the past three years!), the second day free promotion was going on...

If you ask on the Seaworld/Discovery Cove forum on this board, you will get some definite answers... The Seaworld Forum is about 3/4 down using the scroll down menu on the bottom of this page...

You are correct, it has been going on for that long, however, it always showed on their web site, it is not longer there. I guess if you call the 800 number you would get a real definitive answer.

I called about this very thing about a week ago. I was told that the promotion should extend at least through summer and that it had been going on for a very long time. Was told they stamp your ticket on the way out.

Thanks for the info. Last year they took your picture and put it on a ticket good for 7 days after your first visit.

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
I guess if you call the 800 number you would get a real definitive answer.

You would think, but not so. Of 4 posters (to another thread on this subject) who called the 800 #, 2 got a "yes" and 2 got a "no"! :rolleyes:

When we were there in 1994 they were doing the promo, and to the best of my knowledge they have been doing it since! We live near another of the Anheuser-Busch parks, Sesame Place, and they have the same offer, in fact they are advertising it on TV for this season.
I really wish I knew for SURE if, or when they were going to discontinue this. I'd like to buy the tickets in advance for the lower rate but not if I will only get to go for one day. I think we would do Universal instead if SW discontinues this long running Promo. I feel it's a bit deceptive to continue to advertise it (many ticket brokers still are) if it is something that will soon be phased out.
I guess unless I hear anything for sure (in writing, preferrably) we will wait and buy the tickets down there. I do have a $5/ticket discount coupon I could use.

For what it's worth, I just e-mailed Ticket Mania about this bc. they are one of the ticket brokers still advertising the promo. I'll post their reply, if I get one.

Here is the reply from Ticket Mania:

"Hello, I also cannot promise you that you will get the second day free it does not matter if you purchase the tickets while the offer is still on if it no longer is in effect when you come you will not get the second day free."

:confused: :( :mad: :confused: :( :mad:
Not much help here (in that terrible run-on sentance!). Seems no one wants to say anything definitive on this issue. Frustrating for those of us who like to plan everything ahead of time.

Publix Supermarkets (the major chain here in Florida) is selling Seaworld tix. It is like the fun pass: buy 1 day and get the rest of 2003 for free.

Here is their store locator address:
http://store.publix.com/publix20020115/

So if you are nervous about the 2nd Day Free promo ending, just buy the new pass at a nearby Publix.

It is exactly the same cost as purchasing a 1 Day (non-discounted) ticket.

Does anyone know if publix will accept the wendies 10 dollar off coupon or other coupon or discounts?

They have extended the time you can buy a fun pass to June 30th. so they are still available for a limited time.
Not sure what the deadline is for activating them. The first year we got them we had to activate them within a month of the last day they were selling them. This year we opted for gold passes to SW and BG.

You can get the fun pass for BG and SW at the parks, too. If you have the time BG is a great park. You can get a bus to Tampa from 8 locations in the Orlando area, including from Sea World, and it only costs $5 round trip. You need reservations. If you buy the 5-park Orlando Flex ticket the bus is free.

As for next day free ? We were there Memorial Day weekend and they were doing the free day then. My nephews family from Illinois loved the park and they used the next day free option. Their kids are 5 and 2 and they had a great time at the park.

Does anyone think they may be phasing out the second day free, now that they have spent a mint on the opening of the waterfront? Just a thought :rolleyes:

Originally posted by RabFlmom
They have extended the time you can buy a fun pass to June 30th. so they are still available for a limited time.

Do you mean that after 6/30 we won't be able to get a funpass at all, even from the SW website?

Originally posted by crazymomof4
Do you mean that after 6/30 we won't be able to get a funpass at all, even from the SW website?

We were at Sea World last week. I had purchased Fun Cards
(also known as Bronze Passports) online prior to the May 30th deadline then listed on the SW website. We did not arrive at Sea World until 6/8 and had no problems activating our Fun Cards.
However, when we went to Passport Services to have our photos taken, they were no longer selling Bronze Passports, only Silver,
Gold and Platinum. I don't think Fun Cards are available any longer.

We were in a Publix Supermarket and I did, however, see a sign for the Sea World/Busch Gardens passes where you pay for one day and get the rest of the year free so I would assume they still have this in effect. It may well be worth a trip to a FL Publix
location.

<<<<Do you mean that after 6/30 we won't be able to get a funpass at all, even from the SW website?

Yes, the pass can only be purchased for 9 more days at Publix anyway.
They were still selling the Busch Garden ones last week at the park when we were there, but some posters have said they quit selling them at Sea World on May 31. The ads we got at Sea World Memorial day did list May 31 as the last day to purchase a Fun Pass.
Then they probably only give you a short time to activate them, so basically if you aren't coming to Florida this week you are out of luck. The last time we had fun passes we had to activate them within the next month after they quit selling them.

They have a deal now where you can get a one day pass for something like $49 and it includes your meal. They also have a deal at Sea World and Busch Gardens that if you go to one of the parks, you can buy a pass to the other one for $34. It has to be used in the next 7 days , I think.

Rabfl:
They have a deal now where you can get a one day pass for something like $49
Are you referring to the Serenghetti Safari thing at BG? Or is there something like this being offered for SW, as well? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter