Sea World Christmas Confusion

RyMickey

Disney Freak
I don't know why I'm so confused about Sea World's Christmas celebration, but what exactly can you see Christmas-wise with a normal Sea World ticket. Is everything available to view with a normal ticket or only certain things. I don't know why the website is befuddling me!

In the same vein, is there anything lit up or being done Christmas-y on the days where the Christmas evenings aren't happening (ie. 7pm park closure days).

Last edited:
As far as I know, pretty much everything that they have on a given day is available with a normal ticket. At least, that's how it was when we were there last weekend. I think there are a couple of special Christmas dining options (like dinner with Santa) that cost extra, and you can pay for preferred seating at the shows, but I don't think there are any specially ticketed events or anything like that.

The website states that on a 7pm park closure day - or at least, for a specific example, on Monday, November 29 - that there is still ice skating, photos with Santa, and Sea of Trees. So I think you'd be able to experience some Christmas-y things.

And I agree, I find the website very confusing when it comes to the Christmas celebration!

Last edited:
We just got home from Sea World and most of the Christmas stuff is included. There’s extras like ice skating and meals/snacks that have an additional fee. A lot of it can be pre-purchased online in advance. The website is a bit confusing with the whole “select days” thing; but if you check the schedule for the day you want to go, it will tell you what activities are available. I would recommend going on a Christmas celebration day if the activities are something you really want to see.

Either way, make sure you see the Sea of Trees. It’s so magical. Our almost 2yo was mesmerized by the lights. She was even clapping when the show ended. Get a spot on the walkway by the biggest tree for a good view.

Thanks to you both. A little more exploration of the website yielded a schedule on each day, as you mentioned, but it's good to hear from both of you -- even just being able to see the Sea of Trees will feel Christmas-y enough, I'd think. It's been close to 15-20 years since we've done Sea World...but trying something new this go around -- especially since Disney got rid of annual passes today!

I was also confused but you get all the Christmas stuff with a regular day ticket.

It's not like Disney After Hours Christmas or Not So Scary or any Halloween stuff where it's a separate ticket.

I was there Friday Dec. 3 and all Christmas shows were open to guests. Only extra I saw was ice skating time like at any ice rink anywhere. Weekends may have a live music show also. I saw singer Natalie Grant that evening. There are no paper maps of the park anymore so if you have an old one, bring it. The buildings are the same but new coasters may not be on it.

Exactly !! We are Disney fanatics, but no one does Christmas like Sea World !!! Cant wait to go-- Booked dine w Santa for 12/29 !!
I feel this way about Universal Orlando….so you have me searching for a resort stay at SeaWorld …. Got suggestions? Ihave lots of Hilton points…
Not enough weekends left to enjoy all the holiday fun in Orlando!

I feel this way about Universal Orlando….so you have me searching for a resort stay at SeaWorld …. Got suggestions? Ihave lots of Hilton points…
Not enough weekends left to enjoy all the holiday fun in Orlando!

There is a Hilton Garden Inn that is walking distance to the SeaWorld parking lot. We've stayed there a few times.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************
General comment: We think SeaWorld is a super fun park and go on every trip. It's worth it to go with or without the special Christmas stuff. The special Christmas shows, etc. are really excellent though, so this is one park where I try to re-arrange my schedule so I can go on a day when they are offering those if we are visiting during the Christmas Holiday season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter