sea sickness/kids

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by goodstarr, Jun 8, 2003.

1. goodstarr

goodstarr <font color=deeppink>Me thinks you've been dipping

I'll be doing the Wonder dance on June 15th with two 6 year olds and one 7 year old. What is safe and recommended for them to take to prevent sea sickness?

2. tbuot

tbuot DIS Veteran<br><font color=navy>Wishes upon a star

Most children do not experience sea sickness. However, there is a children's dramamine. My two boys 2 and 5 didn't have any during the 7 night and I think you will find that to be true of your children also.

Have fun

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

to hide this advert.
  4. Minnee

Minnee DIS Veteran<br><font color=maroon>NOT a copycat! ;

We've cruise twice, with our 3 dds, and neither time did they have any problem. One of my girls even gets car and air sick :( and she didn't even mention anything about the moving. I think that once they are up and running around in the club, they pay no attention to the movement.
    Have a great trip!!!

5. tezb

tezb There is a special place in heaven for the mother

I would bring some dramamine or seabands w/ you as a precaution. Everyone is different but kids can get seasick. I'm always prepared w/ the "medicine cabinet" when we vacation because kids are unpredictable...and mine are teens now! I'd rather be safe than sorry. You can also ask your pedi. I have given my youngest a half dramamine as a preventive the first couple nights only and it didn't make him sleepy at all.

6. goodstarr

Thanks. I'll make up a medicine bag.

7. Ursula's Mom

Ursula's Mom Mouseketeer

On our Jan. 2003 Wonder trip, my 6 yr old DD was slightly seasick. I was surprised because we have a small boat and she never experienced seasickness during any of our boat trips.

She felt sick about 6:30 pm (about half way through dinner). I took her back to the stateroom and gave her 1/2 dramamine. She felt better within 1/2 hour of taking it and we were able to go to the Hercules show.

She also felt sick again after leaving Castaway Cay on the way home. Again, I gave her 1/2 dramamine and she felt much better.

Our pediatrician said it was OK to use 1/2 dramamine tablet for her (age 6, 50 lbs.) if she became seasick.

8. goodstarr

9. DiaLady

DiaLady Ready for another vacation!

Hi Goodstar --

We're cruising with you on June 15th! I'm bringing my ds (6) and ds (8). With two 6 year olds it should be easy to find you :) Are you excited? I can't believe we leave for the land portion on Wednesday (that's the day after tomorrow already!). Is there a plan for DIS folks to meet on board?

Hope to see you in the kids play place.

Theresa
    :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: