SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive read and reread first page. we are a party of 3 staying at OKW---will need 3 extra MBs for 3 SDFPs. i'm borrowing 2 MBs (not on my MDE - they are on my niece's MDE). my 3rd MB is an extra because i put 4 guests down on my OKW studio reservation, but we only have 3 actual humans in party. i did this in order to get a free MB.

it seems like a lot of posts on this topic are about linking phantoms to MDEs. i think i may be missing something. it seems like it'd be easiest for my simple brain to just snap a pic with my phone of the kiosk FPP screen in order to remember the SDFP that i get on my extra MBs. am i missing something? is there a flaw in the plan to just get SDFP with 3 extra MBs and snap a pic on final screen?
Your extra MBs are already linked to a profile (2 to profiles on your niece's MDE, and the 3rd to a phantom on your reservation/MDE) so you don't need to worry about that step.

Your extra MBs are already linked to a profile (2 to profiles on your niece's MDE, and the 3rd to a phantom on your reservation/MDE) so you don't need to worry about that step.
oh!!!!!!! so people are asking about that because it HAS to be done NOT necessarily because they want to view it more easily in their MDE. is that right?

is snapping a pic of the screen my best option? only option unless i get my niece's mde logon info?

oh!!!!!!! so people are asking about that because it HAS to be done NOT necessarily because they want to view it more easily in their MDE. is that right?

is snapping a pic of the screen my best option? only option unless i get my niece's mde logon info?
Yes, they have to be linked to a profile before they can be used. If you are making the same SDFP for everyone in your party, you could just view it on your MDE bc you will have the one phantom from your reservation on there, but if they happen to be different, yes, you will need to take a photo.

Unless you somehow link your niece's MDE with yours. Then I think you could view them all at the same time. That may be easiest bc then you could also book them at the same time. If not, I think you are going to have to book the two from your niece separately from your phantom. Am I giving the correct info here @hiroMYhero @ScrapYap ?

Yes, they have to be linked to a profile before they can be used. If you are making the same SDFP for everyone in your party, you could just view it on your MDE bc you will have the one phantom from your reservation on there, but if they happen to be different, yes, you will need to take a photo.

Unless you somehow link your niece's MDE with yours. Then I think you could view them all at the same time. That may be easiest bc then you could also book them at the same time. If not, I think you are going to have to book the two from your niece separately from your phantom. Am I giving the correct info here @hiroMYhero @ScrapYap ?

You're right Ariel that Julie could send a friend invitation to her niece. Then she would be able to view her niece's plans (including the SDFP made on the niece's MBs). Booking the SDFP will be no problem - she'll book the three together because she'll tap them one after another at the kiosk. That will create a group of three that can be booked at the same time.

Since you can't book SDFP ahead of time, it won't matter that one MB is on Julie's MDE and the other two MBs are a different MDE. When you use a kiosk, you don't log into the MDE. So the kiosks have nothing to do with your MDE. You just create a group by tapping the bands. It is possible that when tapping one band from a resort reservation, the names of the other guests on that reservation will appear on the kiosk screen. You just uncheck the box next to each name to deselect it (for the 3 real guests that have prebooked FP). Then you tap to add another guest to your group of phantoms, and tap the next two bands. It really is very straightforward. Looks like Julie has it well sorted out!

You're right Ariel that Julie could send a friend invitation to her niece. Then she would be able to view her niece's plans (including the SDFP made on the niece's MBs). Booking the SDFP will be no problem - she'll book the three together because she'll tap them one after another at the kiosk. That will create a group of three that can be booked at the same time.

Since you can't book SDFP ahead of time, it won't matter that one MB is on Julie's MDE and the other two MBs are a different MDE. When you use a kiosk, you don't log into the MDE. So the kiosks have nothing to do with your MDE. You just create a group by tapping the bands. It is possible that when tapping one band from a resort reservation, the names of the other guests on that reservation will appear on the kiosk screen. You just uncheck the box next to each name to deselect it (for the 3 real guests that have prebooked FP). Then you tap to add another guest to your group of phantoms, and tap the next two bands. It really is very straightforward. Looks like Julie has it well sorted out!
Thank you so much for correcting me! And I'm always glad to learn new info!

thank you for the idea to do a friend invitation. i will do that, just in case my SDFP end up being different for each dummy band for some reason (like i book them as singles with overlapping times). thanks!!

I'm here now and SDFP is working great! Magic Kingdom is so much more enjoyable! I will say that the past two days have had very little same day FP availability, but my daughter just wants to ride some of the less popular ones anyway! It has been great

We have been using SDFP this week as well, definitely makes Magic Kingdom more enjoyable. We go to the kiosks first thing looking for more secondary attractions in the afternoon. We have been successful but there isn't a ton of availability and later in the day pretty much impossible to get much of 4 fp's together. Will miss this when it goes away.

What are your thoughts on this still being around next May? I know no one knows for sure but just theories? I am adding child phantoms to my room only stay then to get the MBs just in case. But I know in 2015 I also used the not to be discussed xxFP+ method and thouroughly spoiled myself with 9 FP+ each day (really only valuable in MK or with PH). Most likely the trip next May will be my last for several years and hope I can maximize the perks.

What are your thoughts on this still being around next May? I know no one knows for sure but just theories? I am adding child phantoms to my room only stay then to get the MBs just in case. But I know in 2015 I also used the not to be discussed xxFP+ method and thouroughly spoiled myself with 9 FP+ each day (really only valuable in MK or with PH). Most likely the trip next May will be my last for several years and hope I can maximize the perks.

Probably when next May arrives, all will remain mostly the way it is now. Of course, anything's possible. When the next change comes (later in 2017 or possibly not until 2018), SDFP may no longer work at kiosks, but most likely you'll still be able to continue to thoroughly spoil yourself as you did in 2015 with the method you used. Si tu comprends ce que je dit.

Probably when next May arrives, all will remain mostly the way it is now. Of course, anything's possible. When the next change comes (later in 2017 or possibly not until 2018), SDFP may no longer work at kiosks, but most likely you'll still be able to continue to thoroughly spoil yourself as you did in 2015 with the method you used. Si tu comprends ce que je dit.

Yes. Thank you. I just hate good things to come to an end, as we all do. Let's hope for the best.

We are planning on doing SDFP in the next couple of weeks. I'm good as to how it works, but my question is on the kiosk hours and their locations. We'll be at Epcot for a PPO breakfast, and at MK for a PPO breakfast.

I've been told that the kiosk at City Hall in MK *may* work that early. It would be great if anyone tried recently and can confirm.

What about the kiosks at Epcot? The one outside the Character Spot is on my way to my Garden Grill PPO but not sure when it is open. From the map there don't appear to be any other kiosks closer to Garden Grill but I know not all kiosks are marked on the map. Anyone try recently? We plan on rope dropping Soarin' after our 8am Garden Grill and would hate to have to backtrack back to the front for kiosk.

We are planning on doing SDFP in the next couple of weeks. I'm good as to how it works, but my question is on the kiosk hours and their locations. We'll be at Epcot for a PPO breakfast, and at MK for a PPO breakfast.

I've been told that the kiosk at City Hall in MK *may* work that early. It would be great if anyone tried recently and can confirm.

What about the kiosks at Epcot? The one outside the Character Spot is on my way to my Garden Grill PPO but not sure when it is open. From the map there don't appear to be any other kiosks closer to Garden Grill but I know not all kiosks are marked on the map. Anyone try recently? We plan on rope dropping Soarin' after our 8am Garden Grill and would hate to have to backtrack back to the front for kiosk.
The ones in City Hall *will* work that early, unless they're down for technical issues (these two seem to have more problems than any others). The ones next to Philharmagic have always been open when I've been there for PPO meals at BOG but aren't manned that early. Passing CM's have told me they're closed but when I assure them I know what I'm doing they let me continue on. I don't believe any other areas of the park with kiosks are accessible pre-RD.

As far as Epcot I've never done a PPO breakfast but the ones you mention outside Character spot (and the ones on the other side en route to Mission Space) are the only real kiosk locations there (other than a couple at the IG entrance). It isn't that far though after leaving Soarin' to backtrack to those kiosks (I wouldn't consider them "the front" of the park) but agree it would definitely be better if you could hit them on the way in vs. after breakfast and the time spent riding Soarin'. If no one else has recent experience and you try it in a few weeks, please let us know your results as I know others have wondered about this as well. Have a great trip!

The ones in City Hall *will* work that early, unless they're down for technical issues (these two seem to have more problems than any others). The ones next to Philharmagic have always been open when I've been there for PPO meals at BOG but aren't manned that early. Passing CM's have told me they're closed but when I assure them I know what I'm doing they let me continue on. I don't believe any other areas of the park with kiosks are accessible pre-RD.

As far as Epcot I've never done a PPO breakfast but the ones you mention outside Character spot (and the ones on the other side en route to Mission Space) are the only real kiosk locations there (other than a couple at the IG entrance). It isn't that far though after leaving Soarin' to backtrack to those kiosks (I wouldn't consider them "the front" of the park) but agree it would definitely be better if you could hit them on the way in vs. after breakfast and the time spent riding Soarin'. If no one else has recent experience and you try it in a few weeks, please let us know your results as I know others have wondered about this as well. Have a great trip!

I will be there 11/27-12/3. Have PPO BOG on 11/29 and will try City Hall when we go in, otherwise I will do Philharmagic while some of the group does 7DMT after BOG.

Also we plan to RD TT at Epcot on 12/1. We will do rider switch so while they ride I will try to book SDFP, although I'm not counting on anything being available but would really like 2 for Soarin.

I will try to update!

Quick question: isn't there a post in a sticky that tells where the kiosks are located in the parks? Is it the FP sticky? I went back and skimmed the first post here and didn't see it.

Once I have used the initial 3 SDFP's, can I go to a kiosk and add an add'l SDFP? Am I just getting greedy now?:)

SDFP is great. Used it for 11/23 and 11/24 with no glitches. I can't imagine doing the parks without this gem on a busy day. Both days, we booked our SDFP around 9am.

At Hollywood Studios we got Star Tours, the great Movie Ride and Muppets.

We did EMH (8am-9am) at Epcot yesterday and walked straight to Soarin. We attempted to stop at the FP kiosks on our way. CM said they were not open until 9am. So, we rode Soarin and doubled back to the same kiosks on our way to Starbucks. Used the kiosks at 8:46 according to my photo time stamp. We got Nemo, Figment and Pixar.

For both SDFP we did not get priority choices but the SDFP were invaluable when filing in gaps of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter