SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The night before, you transfer those to a non-ticketed phantom.
You will not be able to transfer FP's in any case to someone without a ticket/AP. Not sure if you meant someone who wasn't there but did have a ticket in which you could do this but that wouldn't really make sense since you could book theirs in advance too.

Another big benefit is that if you have tickets you will still be able to do CPFP, even if they prevent SDFP by not allowing kiosks to work without valid ticket attached (which is certainly possible). I don't see how WDW could make CPFP not work if you have tickets attached.
I think, especially if this thread continues ;) that removing function from the kiosk will be the next step, even if it isn't done on June 6. There's no real reason you should be able to book, but not use, a FP on the same day and without a valid ticket attached. I also feel though that it will be very difficult to remove CPFP as a possibility as I frequently book (normal) FP's on my way to the park in the late afternoon or early evening so it's not like they could say "oh, he wasn't in the park at 9am so we'll cancel the FP's". Maybe by the time the window starts but hopefully by then you'd have transferred it anyway.

Does the converted ticket still have days on it? Converted tix have a delightful glitch. They'll allow you to prebook FP for the total number of days originally on the ticket- not just the remaining days.

Oh! That's a wonderful glitch!! Yet the converted child ticket was used up in 2010. It was converted into a paper ticket at that time. Thanks for the kind reminder!

Last edited:

Now this is a long shot. The first time we went to Disney World (2012) we bought a one day ticket (that was never used) just so we could buy the DDP package (we didn't know we could buy a DDP with APs). We never used those tickets and we couldn't find them now, but I have the e-mails for the Hotel Package stating: Park Tickets: 1-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket. Is it possible to use these tickets for CPFP? How can I retrieve them to link to my phantom account (I live overseas)?

I am so sorry to find out about this. We mastered the SDFP and have done this for about a year now. UGH. What is now the easiest way for a family of 3 Annual passholders to obtain more fastpasses? We don't have friends or know anyone else with tickets/AP. How can we get more now? Is the only way to purchase extra tickets for fantom guests to link to MDE??

Does the converted ticket still have days on it? Converted tix have a delightful glitch. They'll allow you to prebook FP for the total number of days originally on the ticket- not just the remaining days.
Fascinating - can you clarify what types of "conversions" this applies to? It sounds like here you're referring to child->adult conversions.

New to this thread since the Friday news, but a long user of GLFP since long before I knew it had a name.

We have FP on friend's AP's for 5/31. Should we be good to use those FP? They won't be entering the park. I can't CPFP because I stacked the 2 Pandora rides close together and we have other FP after. I don't want to lock up their MDE.

This may have already been stated but if not it can be helpful. Though not currently necessary the change party functionality has worked beautifully to prevent having to use separate bands, instead I just always use my main MBs. But if you don't have them in the correct order (your park entrance MB first) based on your circumstances you may be able to 'juggle them' prior to that day if you have a single ticket currently not booked that day in your MDE where you can transfer your early in the day FPs to, then transfer your park entrance MB with its later in the day FP's to that one, and then the earliest ones to the park entrance MB. Might be necessary to buy a 1 day ticket to use for this process but I was able to rearrange mine with a not yet activated AP.

I've read a ton on the other threads about the upcoming changes to what "extra" FPs you can use and when, reportedly to start on June 6. Here's an attempted summary, and please let me know if you think I got anything wrong or can add anything, and I will edit.

Until now, people on this board and elsewhere have been using several methods to get "extra" FPs. But a significant change is reportedly coming that will affect many of these methods - namely, you will not be able to use a FP unless it is linked to an MDE profile who has scanned into the park that same day. Also, the entire associated MDE account will be "frozen" if you even TRY to use a FP that is not linked to a profile who has entered the park that day (with a mandatory trip to Guest Services to unfreeze). Here's how this will affect some of the various methods, and some possible work arounds:

1) SDFPs obtained with a band not linked to any ticket and not on any MDE account. This won't work anymore.

2) SDFPs obtained with a band that is not linked to a valid ticket but IS associated with an MDE profile (not your own). This won't work anymore either, but there is a possible work around. First, link the MDE profile with your regular MDE account, if it isn't already. Second, use the band to make SDFP at a kiosk (we think this will still be possible, but of course we don't know). Third, when viewing the FP in MDE on your phone, choose "Change Party" to transfer the FP to a band this HAS been checked into the park for the day.

To be safe, you should plan on not being able to do the third step until you have used your original three FPs. Essentially, you are scheduling your "4th FP", by pulling it from someone else's MDE profile (instead of the pool of FPs still available in the park that day), so it makes sense that it should come after your first three. You can then repeat the process for your 5th FP after you use the 4th, and same for the 6th. Also, some say that the transfer needs to happen BEFORE the FP window opens, but others say they have been able to transfer even after the window has opened.

I am a little unclear on if/when this transfer can happen if you only scheduled 1 or 2 FPs initially, or if you missed one or more of your original FP windows. The different scenarios there are as follows, and I'd love some input as to what can be done:

a) Non-tiered (MK), where the FP you wish to transfer is for an attraction you have already used a FP for that day (with your own band) - I suspect you have to use all three original FPs first, but I'm not sure. I went to AK last week (before it was tiered, because Pandora not open yet), used my own band for EE and KRR, and did not schedule a 3rd. Later that same day I tried to transfer an EE FP from my son's band (linked to an AP) to mine, but MDE wouldn't let me, saying that I'd already been on EE that day. Also unclear whether the transfer would have worked if I had had a third FP scheduled for earlier in the day but skipped it.

b) Non-tiered (MK), where the FP you wish to transfer is for an attraction you have NOT already used a FP for that day - might be more wiggle room here, because the transfer might be treated as if you are scheduling or rescheduling your 2nd or 3rd FP for the day.

c) Tiered (EP, HS, AK), where the FP you wish to transfer is Tier 1 - If you have already used all three of your originals, your transfer should be fine. But I'm not sure what's allowed in terms of transfer here if you didn't bother to schedule or go on your Tier 2 options. HELP PLEASE?

d) Tiered (EP, HS, AK), where the FP you wish to transfer is a Tier 2 attraction that you have already used a FP for that day - probably have to use all three originals first (see (a)).

e) Tiered (EP, HS, AK), where the FP you wish to transfer is a Tier 2 attraction that you have not already used a FP for that day - might be more wiggle room here too, for same reason as (b).​

3) FPs pre-booked with a band that is linked to a valid ticket, but NOT the band/ticket you are using to enter the park. You will not be able to use these bands anymore, because they have not been used to enter the park. But you can use the same work around as discussed above under (2).

4) FPs pre-booked with a band that is linked to a valid ticket which is the ticket used to enter the park that day, just by someone else in your party. This should still be fine. If I book myself and my son on Space Mountain and my husband and daughter to visit Ariel, my husband and I can simply switch bands if we change our minds as to which one we want to go do, so long as we have both checked into the park that day. (Of course, this won't work if my husband decides to stay back at the hotel. But don't worry, he never does that :P).

Does this cover it pretty well? Please please tell me where I'm wrong or could elaborate.

Could someone explain to me how I change party?(or point me towards an explanation) If we have three phantom fp on a separate mde I understand I first I need to friend that amount with my primary mde but then what? I'll be in parks June 5-8 do I'm going to have to figure this out quickly....

Could someone explain to me how I change party?(or point me towards an explanation) If we have three phantom fp on a separate mde I understand I first I need to friend that amount with my primary mde but then what? I'll be in parks June 5-8 do I'm going to have to figure this out quickly....
Go to any booked FP in your app and tap Change Party.

Select the person who needs the FP and deselect the person donating the FP.

When viewing your FP on the app, there is an option to "Change Party" (see attached). AFter using the FPS pokes on your own account, you can use this function to transfer an additional FP from your phantom ticket to your own ticket. And then you can do it for a 5th FP after using the 4th, and so on.

What are my options to clear an expired FP from my MDE? (So I can get that 4th FP)?

I'm sure going to Guest Services is an option, but is there a faster way? Could any CM at a FP terminal help or do I need to tag it at the ride the FP was for? (and can I do it after the window closed if it's just to clear to it?)

What are my options to clear an expired FP from my MDE? (So I can get that 4th FP)?

I'm sure going to Guest Services is an option, but is there a faster way? Could any CM at a FP terminal help or do I need to tag it at the ride the FP was for? (and can I do it after the window closed if it's just to clear to it?)
You don't have to clear an expired FP. If you are near the ride, just tap the touchpoint.

Just don't Cancel the FP and proceed with FP#4 by CPFP or booking a new FP.

I was thinking about SDFP and CPFP and had this idea. We have APs and made our FPs 60 days from our Vacation. Is it possible to move those FPs to a non ticket phantom family linked to my account and then make newer FPs for my family. If yes, do you think those transfered FPs will disappear after 36 hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter