SDD Rope Drop Plan - is this doable?

TinkSassy

DIS Veteran
We will be at HS the Saturday of MLK weekend. Because it is a 2 day trip we were not able to get FP for anything at TSL so saved them for FoP at AK in the afternoon.

So currently, open is still set for 9am that day with no EMM or EMH. If we leave the resort at 7:30am for an 8am arrival (staying at POP) will that be early enough to be at the front of the line?

Also, leaving 90 minutes before park open there is supposedly a bus BUT are we better off booking a Mears or Minnie to be safe?

Goal is to do TSL (AS2, SDD, TSMM), ST and Muppets and be on our way no later than 11am if possible.

We will be at HS the Saturday of MLK weekend. Because it is a 2 day trip we were not able to get FP for anything at TSL so saved them for FoP at AK in the afternoon.

So currently, open is still set for 9am that day with no EMM or EMH.
1. If we leave the resort at 7:30am for an 8am arrival (staying at POP) will that be early enough to be at the front of the line?

2. Also, leaving 90 minutes before park open there is supposedly a bus BUT are we better off booking a Mears or Minnie to be safe?

3. Goal is to do TSL (AS2, SDD, TSMM), ST and Muppets and be on our way no later than 11am if possible.
1. Back that time earlier by 30-60 min.
2. Book a car.
3. Sorry, but that is too many in that time.
Either spend more time at DHS or drop a couple of attractions.

So currently, open is still set for 9am that day with no EMM or EMH. If we leave the resort at 7:30am for an 8am arrival (staying at POP) will that be early enough to be at the front of the line?

Also, leaving 90 minutes before park open there is supposedly a bus BUT are we better off booking a Mears or Minnie to be safe?

Goal is to do TSL (AS2, SDD, TSMM), ST and Muppets and be on our way no later than 11am if possible.
Arriving at 8 for a 9am opening will put you about in the middle of the crowd. You'll want to be at the park closer to 7 if you want to be near the front of the crowd.

Buses start daily at 6:30am but you can take a Minnie van or Uber if you want

1. Back that time earlier by 30-60 min.
2. Book a car.
3. Sorry, but that is too many in that time.
Either spend more time at DHS or drop a couple of attractions.
Muppets and TSMM are on the tentative list. If the line is too long by the time we get to TSMM we will skip (15-20 tops) and Muppets is a maybe

We did almost the exact thing on a very crowd heavy day (Jan 4). I think we may have left AoA a tiny bit earlier—maybe 7:20 and had no issue at all walking on SDD at rope drop

I went the day after Thanksgiving. I got there an hour before the park opened. We went through the tapstiles around 8:20. We then were held on the main street there for about 25 minutes. There's a lot of scrambling and such in that space but if you stay to the right, you should be able to be relatively close to the front. They opened and began walking everyone back to TSL around 8:45. During that time, it becomes a bit of scramble and if you are able to keep up and to the right, you should be able to be right near the front. At one point, I found myself in the very front of the line though by the time I got to SDD, I was probably somewhere in the 20s or so. I was off SDD by 9, went straight to Saucers, waited 5 minutes then to TSM, where I waited about 15 minutes. Done with the land by 9:45 and then on to ToT and RnR. I think your plan is quite possible, if not probable, and if you only intend to do ST and Muppets after, I have no doubt you can knock it all out by 11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter