Screw In the Light Bulb-All New x 13 4/25!!

Hey Shannon - subbing in! Your daughter is adorable. Looking forward to your TR!

I'm here! Can't wait to hear what yall thought about the Royal Room. Hopefully you loved it as much as I did!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Very excited to hear about the latest Disney trip!!! At our house, we also have the "elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist" rendition of the princess wave!! Also super happy about the new Etsy shop! Can't wait to hear more. . . no really I can't wait so please continue writing!!!!popcorn::

YES! FINALLY! I've been waiting for this TR for SO LONG.

I can't wait to see what Princess Maddie gets up to this time! I adore her and all her princess-ness.

And I just screwed in the light bulb...at my desk...at work. No.Shame.

Cant wait to read about your trip!!! I think Ive convinced my husband to go back in 2015...that's soon right?? haha

Shannon, I had no idea you started this. I'm going to get behind because we leave in 18 hours and 49 minutes for Disney. But I promise I'll be back after the trip and catch up.

YAY!

I was just thinking about you guys today and wondering if you'd been on your trip yet, so glad to see you've started.

Maddie looks so grown up, it's ridiculous, she has to slow down.

Yay TR time!! I'm in and excited to hear about the trip!

Love the story behind the title and I did have to try it out for myself lol. Where did Maddie come up with that? Quite clever!

yay! You're first Courtney! Thanks for being here!

She saw it on a TV show. I'd love to pretend she's just brilliant, but... I love that you tried it!

Yya!! I'm so excited! Obviously I love your TRs, the stories are always amazing and the pictures are fantastic!!

Lovely shirt Bryan has on there :p

Love the pic of you and Maddie, super cute!!

You got me, I totes stopped to do the princess wave!!

YAY!!

p.s. when are you guys talking about going back next?

Thanks for joining in Katt (and for saying such nice things about me of course).

Bryan's shirt is for sale on Etsy...;)

yay for the princess wave! "screw in the lightbulb"

May this year I think!

Hopped over from the PTR. Excited to read all about your trip and see more pictures of adorable Maddie!

Welcome! Thanks for joining in! I'll have plenty of pics to share!

So excited you started your trip report! I have read all your Trip Reports, and followed along with your Pretrip report and l can't wait to read about your royal expirence!

Welcome! Glad to have you here and thanks for reading all the other ones!

Wahooooooo the moment I have been waiting for! Thank you for linking me :cool1::cool1::cool1: So excited to read about your trip!

Thanks for being here! I'm going to get rolling tonight!

HEY, SHANNON! Of course I'm here! You know I never miss a Princess Maddie TR...(er, *your* TRs?)!

I'm so excited to start reading. Sounds like it's going to be pretty interesting just from the suggested titles alone!:thumbsup2

That shirt on Bry=perfection!

Hahaha! I know you're just here for Maddie-and that's okay! :lmao:

It was certainly an interesting trip...

Thanks!

Well, you know. They're only 20 games out in August. :rolleyes1

But I'm used to it!

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: I like it! :thumbsup2

You know I'm in. I'll never turn down an opportunity to harass a Cubs fan. :wave2: :rotfl2:

I know you don't Andy. BTW- have plenty of Fenway pics in the next update. I figured you'd like them even if no one else does!

Yay! Super excited to read all about your adventures!!! I love love love reading about Princess Maddie's adventure and trying to imagine what Claudia might be like in a few years.

Welcome! and congrats again momma! So glad you're here. You're going to be prepared for your little princess's trips!

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

Welcome! Thanks for joining in!

Following along. :goodvibes

Welcome! Thanks for being here!

Yay! You started your TR! So excited!

Thanks for being here!

Yay! I get to be on board from the beginning for this one! My favorite colors are also pink and glitter, and I LOVE Enchanted Tales with Belle, so I appreciate Maddie's choices. We're staying at POR in a Royal Room for Thanksgiving, so I can't wait to see pictures! And I work in Boston so I hope you enjoyed your trip here princess:

Maddie would heartily approve of your faves. We loved the royal room, and would stay there again in a heartbeat! We had a great time in Boston-just wish we could have stayed longer.

I'm here and reading along again! Can't wait to hear more. I have to admit I definitely tried the "screw in the lightbulb" wave. Maddie's right! Perfect Princess wave.

Thanks for joining in! I love that you tried it too! She'd be very pleased!

What took you so long?:confused3

I also am very excited to be here from the begining and can't wait to hear all about Princess Maddie's trip.

It took me forrreeevvvveeerr to edit the PP pics. It didn't help that I tripled the amount we had by adding so many borders. :lmao:

So glad you're here!

I've read the others, and I don't think I could go without my Princess Maddie Fix! So count me in!

Welcome! Thanks for joining in! I'll have plenty of Princess Maddie for you!

Hi! I've been a lurker for a loooooong time, but I thought I'd make my first post on your new TR! I've been looking forward to reading it. I read your first one and what was done of your second before my family's trip last September. I loved them and they were truly helpful in planning our own trip!

I'm your neighbor to the north (we're in Wisconsin), but I am a DIE HARD Cubs fan, like my dad and grandpa before me. I love them even when they suck.

Looking forward to hear about your adventures! I have 2 little girls age 6 and 4, so I always like to hear what Maddie likes/doesn't like at Disney.

So glad that you came out of lurkdom for the TR! I'm honored! So glad that you've found the TRs helpful! I've learned a ton from reading them.

Hello neighbor! Glad to have another Cubs fan aboard! We can all gang up on Andy-he's a Reds fan. They don'g make it easy do they?

How fun! You know all about pink purple and glitter then don't you?

Don't be a stranger!

I've been a lurker too and wanted to say hi. I'm looking forward to your report!

Welcome! So glad you've joined in!

Count me in!! I'm embarrassed to stay I haven't finished your last TR (one of those sneaky unintentional DIS hiatuses that you don't even realize you're on till 6 months in :sad2:) BUT I am super thrilled for another Princess Maddie adventure with lots of food! Hurray!

Can't wait to see what you thought of my backyard (Boston that is!)

haha! No worries! It took me so long to write it-I don't blame you! So glad you're here.

I'm in! Love the start and that you included the alternatives for your trip title.

Also loved that Maddie's favorite color included "glitter" :thumbsup2

Thanks for being here! She's a sparkly kid that's for sure!

Joining in!

Welcome!

I'm here, too! popcorn::

Glad to have you!

Count me in. :cool1:

yay! Thanks for joining in!

Yeah!!!!! I am soooo very thrilled that I found this TR before you were finished with it :) I have been following you since your first TR :) I don't say much (specifically because I find you late ;)), but I am here and you will probably here from me (probably to comment on your ADORABLE Maddie) since I have found you in the beginning of it. I love your TR's and you PTR because I get so many good tips from you and your many fans ;) I have two girls and also a son. Our first Disney World trip was awesome (we traveled with friends), but we did it Commando style and it wasn't a true "vacation" in all sense of the word. I love your touring style because you base it on the one (whoever it is at the time :)) who needs a break. So is there a way I can get notification that you (or someone else) have commented? Seems like once, a while ago, I would get an email when someone would comment on a thread I commented on. Just curious :) Thanks!!!

Thanks for being here! I really, really appreciate your kind words! I'll be expecting you to comment as we go on! ;)

We are fairly commando, but yeah breaks are needed. We'd kill each other if we didn't take them!

If you go to your subscribed threads page you can mark if you'd like to receive email notifications when there's a new post. I think. Maybe someone else can say for sure? Guys?

Anyway, super glad to have you along!

I'm here! I can't wait to read all about it!!

What girls favorite color doesn't include glitter? :thumbsup2

LOL on the title suggestion by Bryan-My wife takes too many pictures. I think my DH & he would get along on the point.

Oh, and I did the wave....it's perfect! I can't wait to tell Kadence! She thinks the perfect wave is from Princess Dairies. :)

Glad you're here Carey!

We have to take pictures right? How else will we write these things?

Let me know what Kadence thinks!

Subscribed and reading. Maddie cracks me up, and my husband is a big cubbie fan! Love the smell of the onions and lack of a giant tv at wrigley!

Thanks for writing! These reports are so much fun for me!

Welcome! I love that onion smell-it's my favorite place!

So glad to have you!

YAY!!! So excited for another TR......where else would we be:coffee:

So glad you're here Queen! It wouldn't be the same without you!

Oh I'm soooo happy!:cheer2: You started your new TR. I read all of the other TR's including your PTR. I just love Maddie's stories and I can now do the princess wave.

My 6th trip to Disney is planned for November 2013 just in time for the Very Merry Christmas Party and all the decorations. My DH and I are going no kids for our 20th wedding anniversary.

I am deciding if I have time to invest in a PTR of my own. I think I should do one, actually I really want to do one. Its just that I am not that great with compositions and once I start to write I can't stop. Like right now I could go on and on. :wave2:

Welcome! Thank you so much for being here and for all of the kind words! I really appreciate it!

Wow! You guys have some awesome trips planned! I'm so jealous!

Let me know if you start a PTR-I'll join in!

Joining in!

Glad you're here Marita!

Hello!!! Excited to read along. I am sure there will be great stories, pictures, and of course outfits!

Wecome! Glad you're here! You have Miss Maddie pegged-there will be outfits galore!

Looking forward to following along! Brewers fan here. Normally I might poke fun at a Cubs fan but given our current situation I will just let it go. So....Go Pack Go!;)

Welcome! You understand what we're going through this year, huh?

I'm in! I'm especially interested to see how a July trip goes crowd/heat wise. My plans for May have hit some problems:sad1:. May have to change to July!

Welcome! That's too bad! I hope you'll get some useful information about July!

I finally made it over here to join in on the TR fun!!

Love the title by the way!

I'm so excited to hear all the details! popcorn::

Glad you're here Amanda! Thanks!

YEAH!~~~ It's finally here! Joining to hear and see all the fun! I've been checking every day and here I am on page 3!!! You have quite the following! :yay:

Karen

So glad you're here Karen! The first two updates are for you!

Yay!!! Enjoying this already!! Glad you had a good time and i cant wait for the next update!!! :thumbsup2

Glad to have you! Two updates coming up!

I'm in! Love hearing all about your princess filled trips since my 6 year old is a boy. Only princess he's interested in is Ariel, in her mermaid form. Lol Can't wait!

Ariel in her mermaid tail is pretty cool! we'll have plenty of princess shenanigans for you!

Welcome!

ooh Me, Me, Me!! I'm in for sure!!

I'm so excited that you started your TR! Love the title and the idea behind it! princess: And it sounds like you'll have some interesting stories from the other suggested TR titles! haha! Can't wait to hear more!

You had to be here, you're the reigning queen of my PTR!

Glad you're here!

Happy to be here.

Yay! Glad to have you Kimberly!

:wave2:

Found you! And you thought you could hide your TR from me...

:lmao: I wasn't hiding-I promise!

Glad you're here!

I'm here! Can't wait to hear what yall thought about the Royal Room. Hopefully you loved it as much as I did!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Yay! Hi Marissa!

spoiler alert-we loved it!

Hey Shannon - subbing in! Your daughter is adorable. Looking forward to your TR!

Welcome! thanks for joining in, and thanks for saying that! Glad to have you!

Very excited to hear about the latest Disney trip!!! At our house, we also have the "elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist" rendition of the princess wave!! Also super happy about the new Etsy shop! Can't wait to hear more. . . no really I can't wait so please continue writing!!!!popcorn::

That's a great one! Good tip!

LOL! Two updates coming right up!

Looking forward to following along!

Welcome! Glad to have you!

YES! FINALLY! I've been waiting for this TR for SO LONG.

I can't wait to see what Princess Maddie gets up to this time! I adore her and all her princess-ness.

And I just screwed in the light bulb...at my desk...at work. No.Shame.

Welcome! You win for my favorite post of the day!

I think I adore you now! :thumbsup2

LOVE IT!!! Maddie would be so pleased!

Cant wait to read about your trip!!! I think Ive convinced my husband to go back in 2015...that's soon right?? haha

That's plenty soon! You'll have plenty of time to rearrange ADR this way :thumbsup2

Glad to have you here!

Happy to be here before the fun starts! :)

Welcome! Thanks for being here!

Joining in too. Loved all of your previous reviews.

Welcome! Thanks so much!

Finally attempting to not be a lurker! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!

Glad you're here! Now don't be a stranger!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!! :cool1:

Welcome! Glad to have you!

Shannon, I had no idea you started this. I'm going to get behind because we leave in 18 hours and 49 minutes for Disney. But I promise I'll be back after the trip and catch up.

Glad you're here Kathy! You know I won't have gotten very far by the time you get back...:lmao:
We'll have some pictures that would make Mr. Mark proud!

YAY!

I was just thinking about you guys today and wondering if you'd been on your trip yet, so glad to see you've started.

Maddie looks so grown up, it's ridiculous, she has to slow down.

Welcome! Thanks for joining in!

I tell her that every day. She says I'm silly and that she can't stop getting older. Sigh....

The One Where the First One Said To the Second One There
I Hope You're Having Fun

Hey everyone! I’m honestly overwhelmed that so many people are reading. You guys are great! I’m going to do my best not to disappoint :goodvibes

Now for those Princess Maddie devotees in the crowd-I’m going to warn you that this update is Maddie free. I do have royalty of a different kind though.

A few weeks before our WDW trip, my wonderful husband presented me with an early birthday gift. Knowing that Paul McCartney was the last person remaining on my concert bucket list (well, Queen and Freddie Mercury would be on it, but that’s not possible so….) and knowing that I have a goal of seeing every MLB ball park in my life time my amazing husband purchased us tickets to see Paul McCartney at Fenway Park! Best Gift Ever. Of course the concert was 3 days before we were set to leave for WDW, but there was simply no way we were missing this.

So, late morning on July 9 we were going to Boston! I met Bryan at work, and we got a ride from family to Ohare. We were planning to have a late dinner after the concert, so once we got through security we needed to find someplace to eat. We settled on Macaroni Grill and had perfectly not too terrible meal. Having eaten lunch we rushed off to our gate only to find that our flight had been delayed.

Luckily it was only delayed for half an hour or so, but we knew our –admittedly very small- window for site seeing was closing. We flew Jet Blue and found the staff friendly and the popcorn chips delicious. Once we got in the air there were no more problems and we were landing in Boston before we knew it. Since we were only staying one night we hadn’t checked any bags so once we landed we were able to head straight outside.

We grabbed a cab and enjoyed the views of the city as we sped off (marveling at the lack of traffic) to our hotel for the night-the Colonnade Back Bay. Check in was friendly and efficient and within minutes I was in getting in trip reporter mode and taking these.

I’d recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Boston. I’m obviously not an expert on the city, but this was a really nice hotel with a great staff. We have absolutely no complaints about the Colonnade.

After a quick change of clothes we were back on the street. The bellman hailed a cab for us and we headed toward Fenway. We got about half way there before we encountered traffic. The cabbie gave us directions and we set off to finish the trip on foot. I’m really glad we did because it gave us a chance to be out and about in the city and get a feel for the place. We felt really comfortable walking around-it reminded us a lot of Chicago. In fact, I think I said to Bryan "it's like Chicago, but older!"

The concert was scheduled to begin at 6:30 with the doors opening at 5:30. We made it to the stadium right at 5:30 and got in line. We weren’t sure why the line wasn’t moving, but soon enough we had our answers. A representative from the ball park came out to announce that Sir Paul’s plane had been delayed in New York and he wouldn’t be arriving until 6:45. He said they’d be opening the gates as soon as they could.

Honestly the wait itself didn’t bother us. We were very happy to be soaking in the atmosphere of the neighborhood and looking around at the pubs and shops that surround the stadium. Unfortunately we were in line in front of 2 50 something men who’d appointed themselves the fashion police. They were pretty annoying but I had fun sending Bryan text messages about them.:lmao:

Finally at 6:45 the line started surging forward. We were finally going in! As it turns out the waiting in line wasn’t really necessary since they opened all the turnstiles of the gate at once and everyone just flooded in. I was disappointed that we’d missed the opportunity to hang out and see more, but really who can be too upset when they’re looking at this?

Maybe my favorite picture of the night

The young man doing the bag check seemed to be very thorough and since I am one of those people who feels compelled to make small talk I said “oh it’s just the camera stuff”. The sweet young man replied quietly “we’re not allowed to let people in with professional cameras, so keep this quiet for me, okay?” I told him that it’s really not a professional camera, and he said “close enough, just get some really great pictures for me all right?” What an awesome guy! I already felt right at home-you’ll never meet nicer people than the ones that work at Wrigley Field-and my first impression of Fenway was more than positive!

We followed the crowd to the outfield seating and were finally seeing this

Up next: Sir Paul takes the stage

The One Where Desmond Says To Molly "Girl I Like Your Face"

We made our way to our seats in center field and soaked in our surroundings. For baseball geeks like Bryan and I this was pure heaven (and yes we both made sure to touch the Green Monster). The restroom facilities for those with outfield seats to use were beneath the stadium-I’m assuming the umpire’s facilities-so that was again quite cool for geeks like us.

Green Monster

We were seated between two very friendly couples and a few seats away from a ‘super fan”. She had her calves covered in Beatles tattoos and encouraged passersby to stop and have their photos taken with her calves. We declined by the way.

Finally, at 7:30 it was time!

Not what I was going for, but I kind of like it

Paul McCartney took the stage and obviously everyone in the crowd went wild. As soon as the band launched into the opening bars of Eight Days a Week, the family in front of us stood their preteen daughter (who was taller than me) up on the chairs and all put their arms around each other. In doing so, they effectively formed a wall right in front of me. I don’t like to be confrontational or rude, but once we were a few songs into the concert and Bryan realized that I could barely see the jumbo screen, much less the stage he politely asked her to get down. He got a few filthy looks from the family, but she got down and stayed down for the rest of the show.

I sure hope we didn’t let the bag check guy down. I think we got some pretty good pictures! The iPhone videos on the other hand-well let’s just say they aren’t the best LOL. I hope you enjoy them anyway! The following is a complete set list from the show with some stories from me in between. Songs with a video link are in red.

Eight Days a Week
(The Beatles song)

Junior's Farm
(Wings song)

All My Loving
(The Beatles song)

Sir Paul changed guitars and told stories between almost every song. He mentioned early on that the concert that night had broken the Fenway Park attendance record-previously held by…. Him.

Listen to What the Man Said
(Wings song)

Let Me Roll It
(Wings song) ("Foxy Lady" snippet)

Here he told a story about his friend-little known guitar prodigy Jimi Hendrix-who was quite fond of his whammy bar. He said that he and John had been at a small concert during which Jimi had been hitting the whammy bar so hard he knocked the guitar out of tune. Apparently Jimi peered out into the audience and asked their mutual friend Eric Clapton if he could come up on stage and get the guitar back in tune. Such a cool story!

Paperback Writer
(The Beatles song)

My Valentine

Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five
(Wings song)

Sir Paul looked out into the audience and said that he appreciated all of the signs that people had made and were holding up, but he’s getting quite old and couldn’t possibly read the words on them.

The Long and Winding Road
(The Beatles song)

Maybe I'm Amazed

Here he simply said “I wrote this song for Linda.” I got tears in my eyes.

I've Just Seen a Face
(The Beatles song)

We Can Work It Out
(The Beatles song)

Another Day

And I Love Her
(The Beatles song)

Blackbird
(The Beatles song)

Here Today

Your Mother Should Know
(The Beatles song)

Lady Madonna
(The Beatles song)

All Together Now
(The Beatles song)

Lovely Rita
(The Beatles song)

Mrs. Vandebilt
(Wings song)

Eleanor Rigby
(The Beatles song)

Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
(The Beatles song)

Something
(The Beatles song)

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
(The Beatles song)

As a child of the eighties and a fan of the show “Life goes On” I've known the words to this song for most of my life. It's a favorite.

Band on the Run
(Wings song)

Back in the U.S.S.R.
(The Beatles song)

Let It Be
(The Beatles song)

Live and Let Die
(Wings song)

Quite possibly the best song I’ve ever seen performed live. Amazing. And my horrible iPhone video obviously does not do it justice.

Hey Jude
(The Beatles song)

Encore:

Day Tripper
(The Beatles song)

Hi, Hi, Hi
(Wings song)

I Saw Her Standing There
(The Beatles song)

Encore 2:

Yesterday
(The Beatles song)

Helter Skelter
(The Beatles song)

Golden Slumbers
(The Beatles song)

Carry That Weight
(The Beatles song)

The End
(The Beatles song)

And that was The End. It was an amazing show. In fact it’s my second favorite show I’ve ever seen (Billy Joel and Elton John are just the collective soundtracks of my life-that’s the one I’d pay any amount of money to see again). If you ever have the opportunity to see Paul McCartney in concert-Do it!! He played until 11pm without a single break, and for an artist with such a vast songbook we heard almost every song we wanted to. (For the record the only one I would have loved to hear and didn’t was When I’m 64.)

We grabbed a cab once the show was over and headed back to our hotel. Unfortunately it was 11:30 by then so all of the restaurants nearby were closed. The hotel bar was open and was still serving a limited menu, so we popped in there and had a snack and a drink (coke for me and a V&T for Bryan if you're interested) before retiring for the night.

The next morning we were up at 8 am and in a taxi on our way back to the airport. We had a Disney trip to get ready for!

Up Next: We finally go to Disney!

Sounds like an awesome birthday present! Your hotel room looked nice and modern!

The concert pictures are spectacular and WOW that set list is long! He played so many songs. How great!

The fact that you guys went and came back to go to Disney so quickly must've only made it more exciting! :goodvibes

Very cool pictures from the concert. the one of his reflection in the piano is especially cool. You must have had really great seats. What a great experience to see a concert like that. thanks for sharing the pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter