Scrapping with SWAP items

Icesk8abc, great job on your pages! I love seeing how swap pieces are used! Can't wait to see more.

Mazda, I think you should get the award for using the most swap pieces! You always seem to be using them. I wish I would do that. I have boxes of swap pieces that I need to use. Of course, I also have boxes of pictures that I need to scrap. Maybe I should stop swapping and put those boxes together and make pages!!!:confused3

Anyway, Mazda, great job on your pages. I like how you used the Disboards topper for the page of you and Rita. Perfect choice!

Its so lucky Rita came over - I've had that topper ages:rotfl: I've actually got two boxes of swap pieces - everyday stuff and colour swap - next to my scrap area. Plus a load of Disney put away for "next time........". I think I use a lot because I'm too lazy to cut paper/find embellisments otherwise:rolleyes1 I'll put the effort into a swap but otherwise its a bit "slap this piece of paper down and stick the pics on".:rolleyes:

Its so lucky Rita came over - I've had that topper ages:rotfl: I've actually got two boxes of swap pieces - everyday stuff and colour swap - next to my scrap area. Plus a load of Disney put away for "next time........". I think I use a lot because I'm too lazy to cut paper/find embellisments otherwise:rolleyes1 I'll put the effort into a swap but otherwise its a bit "slap this piece of paper down and stick the pics on".:rolleyes:

Oh, same here! I most often look through what I have & use that instead of putting something together for myself lately. Maybe I need to pretend like I'm making something for a swap and mail it to myself to get some effort for my own stuff :lmao:

DIT - totally NOT a good idea to stop swapping to work on pages :eek: I've thought of that too and then realized all of the good stuff I'd be missing :)

I'm still running in her shadow but I think Im keeping up with Mazda.
Mazda has taught me that yes the pieces are pretty but they are not meant to stay put away in their baggies:goodvibes
and Rebecca taught me about kitting! Things do go much faster.
Mazda, I scrap the same way. We put the time into our swaps but not our own work. But we usually know we'll be something of our own back.
Great lo's Mazda and perfect topper!
I have pieces put away for this past trip and even for the trip we'e taking next year.

Single Elements

4810322724_3e9c7c324a_d.jpg

4810323660_f1abce10c8_d.jpg

4810324424_87b5881085_d.jpg

4810325472_912475b0e1_d.jpg

4810326486_cbd14a3b85_d.jpg

4810327492_0a74c1e0fd_d.jpg

4809704435_46c824556b_d.jpg

4810328988_329ecdb02d_d.jpg

DisneyBarlans made the lovely lyric card

I made the reindeer and Pluto.
123SA made the italy sinage,
and I believe that AWM made the Sleeping Beauty tag.
Other pieces are pieces and tags left from other sets and if you can claim them I will be happy to again give credit where credit is due.

I have been kitting and only have about 6 individual pieces that I dont have placed yet so am thrilled to let you all know that I have almost used all of my Christmas swap pieces!!

the christmas photomat on the tree paper is mine :D

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we LOVE having your pieces to use in our books:goodvibes:lovestruc

I've done a few more pages

Museum set - AWM?
009.jpg

BBQ set - mine
0072.jpg

008.jpg

Great pages everyone! Love them!

AR ~ the screamin' pieces were mine from the DL swap. Thanks for using them!:)

YES! I found my connector cable for my camera - now I don't have to wait to use the other computer to upload and transfer over my pix!

This is from this year's Super Sports & More in the American Girls group, but I don't have the tag for credit.

112.jpg

There's only one piece used from a swap, but I thought I'd share it anyway. I even used the magic mes/drywall tape that was used on top of the fishie border to protect it. The border is by 123SA. Also, I matted the pictures in yellow after I took this picture - it really popped the pictures more.

113.jpg

So this weekend I started feeling an urge to scrap. My biggest problem is a lack of photos printed. But I did have some, so today I scrapped!

Swap items made by Tigger1221 for last year's Out of the Parks swap. I added the "Nom Nom" to the tag.

IMG_7182.jpg

I am not sure who did the Marie paper piecing, but the "Once Upon a Time" was also Tigger1221 for the 2009 DL swap.

IMG_7183.jpg

Great pages! Love the sweet details on Marie's page. It feels good to get back in the groove again, doesn't it?!

I've been scrapping quite a bit lately - here's 2 more pages using swap pieces.

First is the Pirates of the Caribbean by DisneyBarlans for the title & mats, I believe. I think JohnsonsLoveDisney made the pirate ship, skull circles and skull- not sure though.

011.jpg

Then, it's on to Downtown Disney - I think it's by ZerotoHero but I'm not sure.

012.jpg

I love seeing everyone's pages...keep on postin' :)

Yes, that is ZTH's downtown disney elements.. Know this for fact as it's sitting on my desk w/ her name on it! :)

More pages...

Typhoon Lagoon
From last year's Out of the Parks swap: mats from AWM, although I changed the orientation of one. Journal boxes by duchess_tisha, although I converted them to photo mats. The Miss Tilly was done by TPCShauna and she made it for me in a trade. But she made them for the Out of the Parks swap from 2007, I think.

IMG_7191.jpg

IMG_7192.jpg

Blizzard Beach
All from last year's Out of the Parks swap: Title by Disney Is Terrific, mats by AWM, boxes by duchess_tisha, lyric made by me,

IMG_7188.jpg

IMG_7189.jpg

IMG_7185.jpg

IMG_7186.jpg

And a big cheer for swap items, because I had to make the Cross Country Creek letters myself, and it was a big pain to have to stop what I was doing, pull out the Cricut, figure out which font to use, glue everything. It's much nicer to have everything mostly pre-made. I don't mind cutting extra photo mats, and adding a few embellishments, but pre-made titles I think is the biggest plus for completing swaps!

I did use a new-to-me technique for the title, though. Dry wall tape! I saw it suggested somewhere, and it worked really well to line up the individual letters.

8 more pages for me!

Title: Schelinski from the most recent Event swap, Red/Pink elements: TPCShauna from the 2nd Chance Swap from 2007. I still have to mat one of the photos, but I don't have the correct color, but it is finished in terms of using Swap items.

IMG_7201.jpg

IMG_7202.jpg

Photo Mats: I do not remember who made these. I think they might have been from a Surprise Swap, but I didn't see them in the pics. Squares: minniegarden from the 2008 Event Swap.

IMG_7199.jpg

IMG_7200.jpg

Lion King Title & Squares: SusieStone from the 2007 AK Swap , BatB Title: Havenscrapper (blast from the past!), but I don't remember what swap it is from, Slide Mounts: missesdisney from the 2007 Event Swap.

IMG_7197.jpg

IMG_7198.jpg

This is an extra set of elements I had from the first Disney ABC swap. I still have my first set with the ABC elements that I have to use some day!

IMG_7195.jpg

IMG_7196.jpg

And now that I'm in a "groove," I think I am going to start to tackle my "Taking the Magic to the Med" pics :scared1:. I have something like 900 pics. And I'm not sure what I am going to do about albums. I bought 2 cruise albums, but I realized that the spine is hard, and not expandable. I also have a very expensive handmade album that I bought in Gibraltar, that I want to use somehow. It is big enough to hold the menus. But I am not sure I want to use a $90 album just to hold ephemera. But if I don't use it for my menus, I don't know what to do with them, because they are too tall for 12 x 12. Decisions, decisions.

Where's Rita, give me inspiration. What did you do with all the "stuff" from your mega-cruises?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter