Scrappers- How Much Do You Spend Each Month?

kaddjr

<font color=peach>Now I'm going to have to stalk t
I was just sitting here mentally adding up what I spent on scrapping supplies in the month of January and the amount I came up with was $250! :eek: Now, in my defense, that did include the money I received from my parents for Christmas and I've only been scapping since last September. During a normal month, I would say I spend around $100 on scrap supplies. So my question is...

IS THIS NORMAL???? :confused3

I should also add that I do purchase things on sale or use Joann's, Mikes, and HL coupons whenever I can to cut down on the expense a bit.

in my opinion, you got off easy! i dont even want to try and add up what i spent last month!!

I joined a monthly scrapbooking club that sends me oodles of goodies each month by mail. That has really helped me stick to a budget better. I can't just go out and spend more because I know that I have surprises on the way.

Oh gosh! I don't even try to add up anything, because I don't want to know!

But I do use all the coupons I put my hands on, also I wait to see the sales of the different stores, I LOVEEEE the craft outlet and the discount stores.

Last Thursday I went to Hobby Lobby and spent $32 buying probably 50-60 sheets of cardstock, 2 pair of scissors and 2 specialized kits. I thought that was awesome. Yesterday I had to buy more photo stickers, a refill for my tape runner and another glue stick. That was MAYBE $10. I don't think that's too bad--$42 in 6 weeks. Like everyone else I wait on sales and use coupons. That's one reason why I had so much paper to buy at HL last week b/c I haven't bought any in a while. I also buy albums on sale and stock up.

Now, when CKU comes to town or I go to a LSS....LOOK OUT!! Katie bar the door b/c I WILL stock up on the good stuff then!! :lmao:

Karen

I am thinking of joining a scrapbooking club. Sounds exciting to receive stuff every month. Any ideas on some good ones? Are there any that have Disney stuff?

I refuse to add how much. I'm in two clubs and still manage to spend $$$ on an online store which I love & at my LSS :goodvibes Let's not even count the money I spent last weekend when I was at the scrapbooking weekend - I dogged my DH question by showing him all the pages I did :blush:

Is this a trick question? are you really my DH trying to figure out where all our money goes???
actually when I first started easily $100 a month or more some months! Had to stock up you know!
Now I think maybe about $20 believe it or not...of course some months are $100 but that is usually when I really need to stock up or a great sale. and believe it or not sometimes I spend nothing per month! But I do have a huge stock pile of stuff!

OMG, I was thinking the same thing did my husband put you up to this question. Since I became a CMC I spent less because of my discount but I do buy more then I normally woulhd have so now that I think of it maybe I'm still spending the same, oh no. Don't tell him. :rolleyes1 Nancy

For me (I'm a pretty new scrapper, maybe been at it for about a year) it varies quite a bit. If I go to a CM crop, like I'm doing tonight, I usually will spend about $20 or $25 there. (I don't buy their albums or too many of their things...too much $$ for me) but I do like their crops, their punches, and some other of their tools & I try to go to one of those crops a month. Then I'll go to HL, Ben Franklin Too, Michaels, and/or Joann's if they have something on sale that I want or need or if I have a coupon. I try to limit myself to that, but of course I end up finding other things along the way that I want, too. Last night I went to a LSS and spent only $9. I rarely spend lots at those places, as I hate to pay their prices, though I do love browsing at their goodies and especially hitting the clearance bins/tables! But part of that is also because I'm really a simple scrapper, too. I don't do embossing, stamping, or inking. And I rarely use sewing or ribbons/threads/fibers. I pretty much stick with lots of papers, stickers, rub ons, borders, die cuts, brads/eyelets, tags, and embellishments. Adding up this month I'd say I've spent roughly $50. Last month was probably more like $30 and that is probably the norm for me. (Of course, this doesn't include photo processing). One of my fav places is Dollar Tree! Love getting stuff there for a buck! So, I guess I'm kind of a cheap scrapper, but then, as I said at the beginning, I'm really frugal (read: cheap) by nature, so that is reflected in my scrapping. (hey, I gotta save money for those cruises somehow, now don't I? :teeth: )

PixieDust32 said:
Oh gosh! I don't even try to add up anything, because I don't want to know!

You know what I'm talking about!!!

If I knew, I would just DIE!!!! :lmao:

If you are a new scrapper we will forgive you this time. But this is something that it never discussed among scrappers! :rotfl:

Okay seriously, I am in the ball park of don't want to know. I have great months and not so great months and it all balances out right? Okay that is what I tell myself. As long as I keep my dh happy collecting hotwheels he doesn't care or notice.

I have no idea how much I spent last month. I know how much I spent today though! $38! I bought a bunch of Disney stuff in anticipation of a future (not yet planned) trip to WDW.

I probably average about $30 a month. But that's not including my newest obsession that I do use for scrapping too. . Stamps, I could easily spend $80 a month. I actually just spent $150 last night, but I justified that since it was my month to hostess I got 5 stamp sets ans $60 worth of product free! I sell stuff on ebay to support my habit though. :teeth:

:rotfl2: First of all- no, I'm NOT anyone's DH! :rotfl2:

bcarson- Okay, I will remember that! :thumbsup2

Well, I'm glad to hear I'm not alone! I resisted this craft for quite some time. The bug finally bit me before our last trip to Disney and I wanted to put together autograph books for my kiddos. I have not looked back since!

I do try to hit sales, use as many coupons as I can, and always keep my eyes peeled for clearance stuff. I purchase most of my paper when it's 5 or 6/$1. Sometimes, however, I simply cannot resist. Last week, I went into a LSS I had not been in before. I told myself I would JUST check to see if they had any Prima flowers- that's it. Riiiiight! Looked around. DS found the football uniform sticker set he had been wanting but we could never find his team. I found some really cute Disney papers. Then I found a big set of rub-on letters on clearance that I just had to have. Oh, and some more Disney 3-D stickers to add to my collection...$21 later I left the store. Did I mention they didn't have the Prima flowers? :lmao:

Wow.. Do you want to know how much I really spend? or how much I admit to spending?? :rolleyes1

I do try to get deals where I can.. I have 2 lss and there is a clearance section in both and thats the first place I go to see if there is anything I can possibly use and alot of times there is something I can use.. I always shop the sales at Michaels and clip the 40% off coupons for them and Hobby Lobby and use them where I can.. I buy my adhesives at Michaels and only buy them on sale or use the 40% off coupons.. I got a really cute Mickey Mouse Album tonight .. it included the album, 10 pages of disney stickers, 12 pages.. normally 49.99.. I used my coupon and got it for $30--the book alone goes for $30 so basically I got all those stickers and the papers for free so I was happy.. I still have my hobby lobby coupon, so I plan on hitting there tomorrow and Michaels had a coupon in last Sundays paper for another 40% off.. Im hoping they will have another ad in this weeks paper so I can find something else I just have to have..

My son went with me tonight to a lss as I needed some cardstock.. It came to around $8 ( I actually had been to another lss at lunch today, but forgot to get these particular colors, so he doesnt know I spent waaaaaaaaaaay more than that :teeth: ).. He said "How much is that paper?? No way!" ahem... If he only knew.. :rotfl2:

I just started to scrap book (this weekend) I bought a total of $536 CDN at a national craft sotore in Canda. Hopeully that will do me for a while :)

Before 2 days ago if anyone asked if I would consider scrapping I would say HECK no, but I have seen tht light :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter