Scooters at Pop Century Resort Interesting Photos 12/2018

Others don’t understand that driving a wheelchair/scooter is actually like driving a car. You need to be aware of everything and everyone around you since you don’t know when they’ll come to a quick stop, turn in front of you, not keep up with the flow of people around them and instead of moving over/to the slow lane they cause people to go flying by them, rear end you and then blame you, etc. it is actually more stressful at times to be using your wheelchair/ecv. Especially when you to also have to watch out for “drunk drivers”(or walkers in this case)in some places.

I’ve never parked and charged outside my room. If you’re tight for space maintenance is happy to come and remove your table and chairs.

I would think charging or parking in a hallway is against fire code and a trip out by the Reddy Creek FD could solve the problem. I look at it as a fire code violation and will have
No problem reporting it if they are near my room. They are also blocking the way of walkers to quickly evacuate. But Disney controls them so...

A nicely worded note could probably do wonders. They might truly not know the hazard or inconvenience they are causing others. I’d slip it under their door in case a passerby removes it from the scooter.

My biggest concern with leaving my ECV outside the room would be that parents at WDW seem to let their little kids climb on and play with anything and everything in sight. I wouldn't want some kid to either break or get hurt on a piece of equipment I was responsible for.

My biggest concern with leaving my ECV outside the room would be that parents at WDW seem to let their little kids climb on and play with anything and everything in sight. I wouldn't want some kid to either break or get hurt on a piece of equipment I was responsible for.

I've seen scooters with ice creams dumped on them, etc, at the resorts. I wouldn't leave anything out in the halls.

Last time we were at Disney was my first trip with a scooter. We were at the Pop and were told by both Buena Vista Scooter and Pop employees to plug it in outside the room to charge, so that is what I did. I was told the damage waiver would cover it if something happened.

Last time we were at Disney was my first trip with a scooter. We were at the Pop and were told by both Buena Vista Scooter and Pop employees to plug it in outside the room to charge, so that is what I did. I was told the damage waiver would cover it if something happened.

I believe it - I've not seen scooters parked outside until our recent trips and then I've seen lots of them. Of course if some folks do it and others see it, then it's understandable that people may think it's ok to do it so it just multiplies. I think the resort(s) need to be the ones to handle it - maybe put a note on the ones left out asking them to park inside the room, etc. Or perhaps they really are fine with folks parking scooters outside the rooms?

I believe it - I've not seen scooters parked outside until our recent trips and then I've seen lots of them. Of course if some folks do it and others see it, then it's understandable that people may think it's ok to do it so it just multiplies. I think the resort(s) need to be the ones to handle it - maybe put a note on the ones left out asking them to park inside the room, etc. Or perhaps they really are fine with folks parking scooters outside the rooms?

They leave the ones outside overnight, plugged in and charging, at baggage services so guests may assume it is okay to do that anywhere at the resort. If the resort wanted really wanted to prevent guests from doing it outside of the rooms they could put those locked plastic covers over the outlets.

They leave the ones outside overnight, plugged in and charging, at baggage services so guests may assume it is okay to do that anywhere at the resort. If the resort wanted really wanted to prevent guests from doing it outside of the rooms they could put those locked plastic covers over the outlets.

They really should do this - but then it becomes another thing the cleaning crews have to deal with.

One of the largest issues is having to get OFF my scooter to safely get around the parked one. The accessible rooms do not have the outside cutout to help on the sidewalks. I have to hope that I won’t fall getting off and around and back on mine. Or - I have to go around the building and out of my way.
The sidewalk should not be used when parked. It’s like double-parking in the city. And - it is annoying!

Others don’t understand that driving a wheelchair/scooter is actually like driving a car. You need to be aware of everything and everyone around you since you don’t know when they’ll come to a quick stop, turn in front of you, not keep up with the flow of people around them and instead of moving over/to the slow lane they cause people to go flying by them, rear end you and then blame you, etc.

Heh, maybe they should have driver’s licenses for people in scooters/powerchairs and they would have to take a driving course and pass a test.

Or the parents who let their kids do whatever they want because they’re “On vacation” and rules simply don’t apply at Disney. Then when their kid(s) dart out in front of a scooter and the driver doesn’t stop in time, the person in the scooter gets yelled at for being “Careless.”

I can't believe that people are so trusting. All someone has to do is put the shooter in free wheel and bye bye scooter. If not that what about some mischievous person unplugging the scooter?

I have always called and had the table and chairs removed and then had more than enough room. Even in a value resort with luggage and supplies for a 3 to 4 week visit.

I hope that we can all keep discussions friendly. I am not saying that they are unfriendly or that anyone is saying or posting anything wrong.

Everyone has their own opinions.

I just get the feeling that this thread might end up as a closed thread in the future if anyone gets ugly in the future.

The photos are good for newbies to see where the rentals are stored at Disney Pop Century Resort for the Disney Preferred Rental Vendors. And there are many good ideas for new users that have never rented a mobility device because they may not use one at home. Maybe they had an accident and still want to go to Walt Disney World and the rental mobility devices allow them to do this. They are real newbies in every sense of the word. I always like to tell guests about this board forum because of all of the very useful information and opinions from actual users of mobility devices.

I believe that those that leave their mobility scooter outside the room don't and have never had access to discussion boards like this. They may have had a friend suggest the guest rent a mobility scooter for their particular visit for whatever reason. The guest may have never used a mobility scooter before or never charged a mobility scooter before or even know the polite thing to do concerning mobility devices when this might have been the first time that they have ever used one.

I know a lot of folks have never ridden a bus in real life and for the first time, they are learning what the polite thing to do when riding on a Disney Bus from the resorts to the parks.

I really don't know, I am just speculating about this.

I feel that most of those renters that leave their mobility scooter outside would gladly bring them inside if they knew what we were discussing.

Please don't stop posting your opinions, let us just keep it civil and it is.

Moderators...if you think that this thread needs to be closed in the future for whatever reason, I think everyone has been warned.

Respectfully, Ray

I can't believe that people are so trusting. All someone has to do is put the shooter in free wheel and bye bye scooter. If not that what about some mischievous person unplugging the scooter?

That’s true. And the override lever is always in an easy to reach location on the scooter (ex. On the top of the shroud.) vs. the freewheel levers for a powerchair (which are underneath the chair, but still easy to access if you know where to look.) Plus some powerchairs have joysticks that you can put into lock mode if you do a certain amount of key presses/combos. Scooters don’t.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter