Sci-fi Diner, Your Input Please

DW and I love this place and its become a tradition to dine there at least once on exch of our trips, mainly for the ambience rather than the food, without the cars and movies it would be another burger joint.

I think the food is so-so at best, and the service can vary from those who are really into the whole schtick to people who seem annoyed to be working there. Still...the cars, the sky, the screen, the cartoons and B movie clips, screaming when the giant guy throws the syringe...you just can't beat that kind of nostalgic goofy fun.

We've only been there once and the food was not that great. I think I had a roast beast sandwich. The atmosphere is cool, and I want to try it again, but will stick with a burger

My family loves Sci-Fi, must eat there every trip. We only go for lunch and have the great burgers and milk shakes. Loads of fun.

This is a must-do for us, one of our absolutes favorites! The food is ok diner food, but the atmosphere is so much fun!

We ate there on our 2003 trip (1st time). I love the atmosphere of this place, very different from anywhere I've ever eaten before, but the food was nothing to rave about. My kids ordered cheeseburgers (the only thing on the menu they were willing to try), and I think I had a chicken sandwich. Perhaps we'll try it again someday and try something different on the menu.

We just ate there last week for the first time and decided it was probably the last as well. DD11 had ribs...no taste to them, and DH & I were not excited about our food either. The atmosphere was neat, but not enough to justify the price.

We bought 3 turkey legs on our way back to our room and had a real feast.:rolleyes1

I'm a burger and fries kind of gal. I like the Sci-Fi and I always want to go just for the atmosphere. We went for dinner in Sept and it was really disappointing. My BF loved his food, I had a chicken sandwich that was so so. The service was horrendous.

It took us almost 1.5 hours to eat for 2 of us. Plus the restaurant was almost empty.

I'd say go for lunch for the kids. If you are looking for excellent food and service, I may go elsewhere.

We had lunch at Sci Fi and loved it. The food was excellent, service great and the atmosphere was neat for our kids since they don't even know what a drive in is. :)

I highly recommend it!

Went back and read other posts...if it helps - we too all had burgers and fries. Good luck!

We ate at Si-Fi last June for lunch, the food was just okay, the atmosphere was quiet. My DS really liked sitting in the cars but didn't care for the movie clips. The waitress wasn't very friendly either. Sorry to sound so negative. Maybe it was just an off day.

one word. YUCK.

onion rings are the only highlight of the experience, which doesn't say much for the food when something deep fried is the best thing on the menu.

The way our family looks at it is that it's a fun experience. After all, it's a fake indoor drive-in theater with cheesy movies playing and faux cars. At such a place we're not expecting Le Cellier steaks or anything remotely close. It's a fun experience, especially for the kids, and definitely a must-do destination. Try it at least once, for the experience.

Thought I would give it another try on my most recent trip, as I was pretty disappointed the previous 2 visits. Was seated fairly quickly and the waiter was nice. Tried the chocolate shake, which was good. Also tried the burger & fries. The fries were undercooked and the burger was GREASY!!! Way too greasy for my taste and I ended up leaving 1/2 the food there. For me, it was 3 strikes and now Sci-Fi is out for me.

My absolute favorite place to dine at DS is at the 50's Primetime Cafe. Have always had great food and service there. Actually dined there twice during my last trip.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Hi We ate at SI-FI on 5 Dec 06. We ate there 10 years ago and loved it. We thought the kids would love it too. My DD6 had pizza and didn't like it but ate all my onion rings( they were good!) DD9 haad Mac and cheese and did not like it at all. I gave her part of my burger and tried her meal and it was not very good. My Dh and I both had Burgers and they were good but the best part was the movies! Our kids loved the dark quiet atmosphere and so did I. Good Luck to you !popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter