Sci-Fi Diner Isn't Wretched?

We were there in November and enjoyed it. Atmosphere is great, burgers, reuben sandwich, and solar flare shake were all popular choices at our table. But the real winner of the day were the fried pickles! BEST EVER (especially the spears)! We would definitely go back again!

Have eaten there several times, the first back in '95, and always enjoyed it.

Yes, its a bit pricey and yes, the menu is somewhat limited and not very exciting but the atmosphere/ambience is the star here. Would not hesitate to return....

We ate there in August 2011, enjoyed it! We had the

Burger-MIL said it was the best of the trip
Beef and Bleu Salad-One of my favorite meals of the trip!
Kids Pizza-Typical Disney Pizza
shrimp pasta-DH didn't like it, but he had them hold a bunch of stuff off of it, so i think the cook "added" some spices to make up for the missing garlic and onions, didn't turn out well:lmao:

I would go back without hesitation! It's a really neat place!

I know I'm in the minority, but I really don't like the atmosphere at Sci-Fi! The food was okay, but I didn't like eating in almost pitch dark (had to illuminate my plate with my phone to get a good look at it), the little tiny counter they give you for your plate when seated in the car is barely wide enough to PUT your plate, and you are looking at the back of your companions' heads if more than 2 are dining together.

The place is very cool, but maybe I would just like dining at one of the real tables better than in the car (which, before experiencing it, seemed awesome). :confused3

I will say the dessert rocked!

i've always heard the food was good here. :confused3
Ate this this past year and my chicken sandwich was delicious. Nobody I was with (party of 10) had any complaints about the food.

We ate there in 2003, 2009, and 2011...never had a wretched, inedible, or dirty meal.

We stuck to burgers, fries, onion rings, shakes, sandwiches, soup...all were better than CS in a great atmosphere. It is a must do for us!

We hated it in 2010. The pictures I've seen since then look pretty good. And naturally they have my favorite thing in the world on the menu now.... fried pickles.

It's not on our rotation this upcoming February. Maybe we'll try it again some day though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter