• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Saying "NO" to timeshare

fairfield resales

go to
www.yahoo.com

click on groups

then join
Fairfield-Resales-jefffudge
Fairfield_timeshare

and the best one for some great deals
Fairfield-Deals-AngelEngland

yes I have been looking too!!!!

TotoToo said:
Right now, thanks to this unexplanable attitude by FF, Fairfield points on resale are one of the greatest bargains in timeshare. FF resorts are beautiful and the locations keep expanding. If you have any interest in buying Fairfield do not even consider retail and look seriously into a resale purchase of 200,000 to 250,000 annual points and you will get those 6 nights or more at BC or any other FF resort for far less than DVC prices in units larger than DVC's are.

Yes, I agree. I've done some research and it appears as a resale you can get some great deals. It seems to me that the only advantage of buying retail is that you can become a VIP member and that affords some special benefits. The problem is that according to the Fairfield yahoo group, Fairfield is currently taking away some of these VIP benefits.

We really liked the property during our tour, but the price was too high, the organization (at least the sales organization) seemed very confused, and we got sick of trying to discuss prices in a room full of strangers.

We may pick up a resale at Fairfield or Marriott in the future, or adding more DVC points may also be an option, I just won't pay retail at Fairfield.

dtauer,

thank you for the great review. I am going to try to call bonnet creek directly and see if I can set something up with them for the 150.00. I would like to go early am before my children wake up. We don't go to the pool until
11:00 anyway. I let you know what happens when I call there.

Sue

We did a bluegreen presentation when we went to Myrtle Beach July 5-7 and the lady tried to lay a guilt trip on us when I told her we were only there for the gifts. She said, "My job is secure but that girl over there (points) has to make this sale or she is fired. I am glad you got me instead of her. This is a dangerous game you are playing!" I was so ticked. I told her, "Look if you don't want people to come just for the gifts then tell the people who you pay to solicit people for the presentations to stop marketing the presentation as an easy, no obligation way to get free money/tickets/whatever for a simple 90 minute time commitment!!"

PS we never even saw the property because by the time the group sales presentation was over and we were introduced to our sales rep, we had already been there for almost 2 hours!!! I refused to go to the property and politely let her know their time was up.

keishashadow said:
dtauer - thanx for the informative report, I've been wondering how the presentations were run.

We arrive @ Sheraton Vistana on Saturday. Originally, we spoke twice to 2 different individuals confirming our participation in the TS offer (4 nights for $149 + $14 tax/night; with $100 cash refunded the day after we arrive - with NO TS PRESENTATION requirement).

They have called us @ least 3 or 4 times since I booked res. a few months ago. Verifying that we will be staying with them, do we have any questions, did we sign up for diamond lane & Surprise, Surprise!!!! would we be interested in touring the resort?

Um, no - slip the $100 under our door - please.LOL The last gentleman I spoke to indicated that he was the concierge & he'd be looking for us in the lobby when we arrive.???

I keep asking when/how do I get reimbursed the $100 but, every one is very vague. Concierge mentioned something about a "voucher" @ checkin to redeem the next day.

I will raise all kind of heck if they jerk me around on the $100 that was promised, in writing, along with all of the other details.

Anyone else accept this particular offer? Did you get your reimbursement?
So, keishashadow, how was your vacation at Sheraton Vistana? Did you have to do the presentation? Did you get the $100?

I'm particularly interested since I got the same deal (but mine said I had to attend the presentation for the rate and the $100). I am scheduled to go from 8/21-8/25.

Just curious to hear your impressions of the resort as well as the timeshare "tactics".

I have really enjoyed reading this thread. I am going to a timeshare presentation for Fairfield Resorts in Nashville on Monday. We will get $50 and $25 out back steak house and 3 day 2 night vaction for "Free". We will be using this at the fairfield Inn in Orlando 'on disney property' so the guy said.

I was wondering how do I get free disney tickets? I could listen to lots of these tour things for disney trips. I would like to do these tours before we go any suggestions!
Maybe even have a free-ish disney trip!

Room= FREE (vacation thing 3day/2 nights)X 3 = 6 nights
Park Tickets=Free
Food=Free (from the cash they give you)
Transportation= Free (maybe some would give you gas cards)
Souviners= Not Free

Thanks for your great advice in advance!
mamo

mamo-4-wdw said:
I have really enjoyed reading this thread. I am going to a timeshare presentation for Fairfield Resorts in Nashville on Monday. We will get $50 and $25 out back steak house and 3 day 2 night vaction for "Free". We will be using this at the fairfield Inn in Orlando 'on disney property' so the guy said.

I was wondering how do I get free disney tickets? I could listen to lots of these tour things for disney trips. I would like to do these tours before we go any suggestions!
Maybe even have a free-ish disney trip!

Room= FREE (vacation thing 3day/2 nights)X 3 = 6 nights
Park Tickets=Free
Food=Free (from the cash they give you)
Transportation= Free (maybe some would give you gas cards)
Souviners= Not Free

Thanks for your great advice in advance!
mamo

You may want to clarify where you're staying. The timeshare that is sometimes described as being on Disney property is Bonnet Creek by Fairfield. However, your post references Farfield Inn, these are 2 different and unrelated places. The only thing the same is the name "Fairfield".

Yes, it's tempting to think that you could do a vacation, and pay for it by attending timeshare presentations. However, it's probably not very realistic since you are investing a minimum of 1.5 - 2 hours each, and many of them only allow you to get a gift every 6 months or so. I don't think you'd have any time left to enjoy your vacation if you attended enough presentations to have everything paid for.

Plus, some of the presentations are "easy", but others can be very painful. It seems easy to just say no while at home, but remember that they wouldn't give the gifts if they didn't sell enough timeshares to pay for them, some of these presentations can be very intense.

As far as Disney tickets, they're easy to find if you're willing to spend the time. There are stands all over advertising free or cheap tickets if you attend a presentation. You will see them if you drive down 535 or 192. Also, many restaurants such as Shoneys and some of the McDonalds have a booth right inside the restaurant. In fact, if you eat at the "Worlds Largest McDonalds" on International Drive, they'll offer discounted tickets while you're eating, at least they used to.

The first year we went, we had to complete the 90-minute timeshare in order to get the voucher for our "free hotel stay." We were there 3 HOURS! My mom was in the process of getting divorced, I was entering my first year of college, and my sister would be graduating high school the next year. My mom told them that the property was beautiful but she just couldn't afford it. They threw everything they had at her...."well how about if you finance?" "Well how about if you buy one that isn't constructed yet? You can pay for it over the next 5 years and by the time you have it paid off it will be complete." On and on....the guy that was making the sales pitch even called over his manager to try and get him to offer us a better deal. I think their best offer was like just under $6000 for a 3 bed-room timeshare just outside WDW (can't remember the name of it now) that was not built yet so we would be getting a BRAND NEW place.....when my mom turned that down they finally just gave up. I decided from then on I don't care what they're offering...I'm not going waste valuable vacation time getting harassed. We weren't able to go to MK that day because of those jerks!

We sat through presentations at Westgate, Vistana and Cypress Pointe many years ago. We didn't get sucked in the first time because at the time we didn't vacation often and felt it was way too expensive. We politely told them it's a great idea but it was way out of our income level. The 2nd time dh just said to the guy, "Hold the speech. We're just here for the SeaWorld tix." I wanted to crawl under the table to hide but it worked! :blush: They didn't even make us sit thru the 90 min. tour The 3rd time, dh was laid off from work and since we had prepaid the tour-package 6 mos. prior, we decided to go anyway but on a really tight budget. The look on the face of the salesman was priceless. Nothing says "NO" like saying you're unemployed.
Since then we've had 2 kids and can really appreciate the space & privacy you get with a timeshare. Also we've ended up going to WDW about 9 more times so we finally bought one as a resale after reading an article in Newsweek about how much you save by not buying at a presentation. The article recommended www.timesharestogo.com. We ended up getting ours (Summer Bay) from www.holidaygroup.com. They were wonderful to deal with and completely truthful about everything they said. We used it in May for the 1st time and were very happy with our purchase. :cool1:
Not to mention it was 1/6 the price that Westgate tried to get from us way back in 1993! :goodvibes

I think Fairfield gets a bad rap. A lot of these places are a big rip-off but Fairfield is fair, just do your homework before buying. You dont have to buy right away.

Mr. Mike

if you have any kids ask them beforehand to start acting up.or just simply tell them that you are not interested. :confused3 :charac2: :love1: :chewy: :butterfly

if you have any kids ask them beforehand to start acting up.or just simply tell them that you are not interested. :confus

V677 said:
if you have any kids ask them beforehand to start acting up.or just simply tell them that you are not interested. :confus

Now they provide places where little kids can play so you can focus on what they're telling you. I'm sure they'd hear all day that people need to leave because of cranky kids.
I can't remember where I saw that.

I'm going to WDW on September 10th with my wife and 10 month old son.
It's going to be my 3rd time (went in 1992 and 1998) at WDW and my DW's 1st.

We are going on a budget and were able to find a great deal on air tickets + hotel (Best Western Lakeside) + car rental.

I also got the 5 basic day passes to Disney to me and my wife "for free" through the Air Miles program (offered here in Canada).

I was wondering how I could "sign up" to one of those timeshare presentations that give away Sea World tickets to the two of us.

I saw a few links online but they all require that I give away my credit card information in advance (over the Internet) and I really would prefer not to.

Is there a place/kiosk in Kissemee or Orlando what I can go to and get these offers?

Thanks a bunch,

Camilo

their kiosks are all over: shopping centers, visitor centers, even some restaurants. Don't worry you'll find one. Look along Rt. 192, the main road your hotel is on. :thumbsup2

Tks, I really appreciate your reply.
I'll try to get Sea World tickets with them...

ruadisneyfan2 said:
their kiosks are all over: shopping centers, visitor centers, even some restaurants. Don't worry you'll find one. Look along Rt. 192, the main road your hotel is on. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter