Saw Disney's "Frozen" last night. Wow.

Everyone has a right to not like something. I don't like everything Disney does either.

But claming over and over that Disney has done just crap for the past 20 years, one has to wonder what the poster does here. In my dictionary, we call that a troll.

Yeahhh Frozen is a marvellous movie ant the best Disney's animated feature movie since The Lion King

Everyone has a right to not like something. I don't like everything Disney does either.

But claming over and over that Disney has done just crap for the past 20 years, one has to wonder what the poster does here. In my dictionary, we call that a troll.

Very well said.

I clicked on this thread because I enjoyed the movie and wanted to see how many others felt the same.
This reminded me of IMDB and the forums over there. If you like a movie you have no taste etc...
I just don't understand why people find the need to exert so much negativity without seeing the movie. A preconieved hate based on previous movies.

But I'm looking forward to seeing Frozen again in 3D this time. I went with my nieces and sister the day after Thanksgiving but I enjoyed it so much I want to see it again.

Got to see this movie over the weekend with my dad. I tried inviting my nephews, but they are in their early teens and are far more into The Hobbit and similar action/fantasy movies. (I just cannot get into Lord of the Rings or that mythos. Superheroes have a small interest for me. I avoid the Dark Knight trilogy but did enjoy Man of Steel. The Avengers flicks really just interest me for the humor Joss Whedon brings.)

Anyhoo, we loved Frozen. We went into it knowing very little about it. Just a couple trailers and knowing it was vaguely based on a Hans Christian Anderson story. (I'm not familiar with The Snow Queen.)

The music was very good. Only number I thought was a bit too cheesy for me was Love Is An Open Door. (But given how the story goes, this fits in the end.)

I loved seeing the story being about "sister love" more than "romantic love". You have the usual Disney princess romance, but it does take a backseat to the sister story. And we get two really good Disney Princesses from the story.

Elsa is downright sexy and mature. Anna will forever be the cute and cuddly little sister.

I can't say it is better than Tangled or any other Disney movie (well, ok it is better than Brave). It's at least on par with the classics. It's nice to see the Disney princess story evolve with modern times, however. Anna is just as sweet and open as Snow White, but she matures in more realistic ways.

I'll always adore Rapunzel. Her story of being trapped and lost speaks to me more. Was cool to glimpse her cameo in Arendelle.

Olaf is as cute as he appears in the ads. He's really just the comic relief character, but he has some important plot-moving lines.

As for not appealing to boys, my nephews have just gotten to that bratty age where they want to embrace teen things like shoot-em-up games and battle movies. They're long out of their Cars phase. (They do want to watch Doctor Who and see Saving Mr. Banks so we bond plenty.)

Ive already pre-ordered the Frozen DVD set. It goes on my keeper shelf.

Definitely try to see it in 3D. Adds to the artistry of the movie when you watch it that way. Most beautiful scenes were in the snowy mountains.

Disney didn't create the marketing concept of the "Disney Princess" until the classics I mentioned (Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, even Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid) were in the books. They didn't try to make movies about princesses in those days, they made movies about fairy tales. Somebody looked up one day and realized that about a half dozen of their characters could successfully be marketed together as the princesses. Unfortunately that put some undue pressure on the movie studio.

Ever since they started trying to make princess movies, they've struggled to hit one cleanly out of the park. I thought The Princess and the Frog was a wonderful movie, but it didn't succeed financially and Disney realized times had changed; boys didn't go to princess movies with so many alternatives to choose from. I remember seeing it in a half filled theater while Alvin & the Chipmunks, the Squeaquel was a packed house next door. Disney retrofitted their in-progress take on Rapunzel to try to appeal to boys as well, and the "disguising" of princess movies began with Tangled. It did better but I think it suffered a bit from all the redirection it kept getting in the disguising effort.

I think they've found their way now with Frozen. They shed traditional roles of the princess instead of trying to conform to them (Pixar did this with Brave as well, but it was unconventional, wasn't a musical and didn't go for a Disney vibe).

I was thinking to myself watching Anna early in the movie that Disney had made their own princess out of Lucille Ball (in fact, she started stuffing chocolates double-fisted into her mouth right after my epiphany). She could easily have stood as the solitary protagonist, but gratefully she didn't since her relationship with her sister was the true center of the movie.

Superheroes have a small interest for me.

The comic book/superhero fan in me realized early on that Elsa could've been the first X-Man! Maybe a distant and far more powerful ancestor of Iceman, or maybe Pixar's own Frozone. And I do mean powerful; the hair stood up on the back of my neck when she raised her castle like Dr. Manhattan on Mars. She could hold her own with some of the most immense fictional characters ever created. It wouldn't be very princess like, but I'd love to see her lay waste to an invading army coming after her kingdom. :)

The Mickey short was icing on the cake. I don't often recommend that movies be seen in 3D (I think since Avatar there's been only 1 or 2 that I thought benefited from it) but I would see Frozen in 3D for Get a Horse alone.

Finally got around to seeing Frozen tonight.

I had high expectations, because while we were in Disney (first week of December), all anyone was talking about, both CMs and guests, was how good Frozen was. All the reviews everywhere say its the best since Lion King.

DW took a bit of an offense to that, seeing as Tangled is one of her favorites of all time. We were also in the crowd of "It looks like Tangled but with snow."

I was not disappointed. Really enjoyed this film. It seemed a bit too singy, but a lot of the Disney classics are. It definitely had some resemblances to Tangled, but it seemed like it's own movie to me. The horses seemed like Maximus (but how many different animal personalities can you do for comic relief?) but I never felt like there was a Flynn Rider or that Anna was Rapunzel.

The animation was incredible, as well.

I just really enjoyed just about everything about this movie. DW and I agree it was a bit short. That's only because we feel like it shouldn't have had you dive in to the story the way it did. It needed an introduction into how/why Elsa has her abilities...similar to what Tangled did.

Oh yes frozen is amazing. By far the best Disney movie, in my eyes. When Elsa sings "Let It Go" I cry. Not just normal cry. I ugly. It's funny, sweet, and kinda a love story and it's all the makings for an amazing Disney movie

LOL ok I saw the movie and sorry get ready for some criticism.

LOL. The music sucked!! sorry that's my opinion. that was the lamest sound track in a very long time. Do you honestly think anyone is going to hum one of those song aka :hakuna Matata from the lion king, "be our guest" Beauty or the beast or "a whole new world" from alladin?
I went yesterday and seriously, the only song we vaguely remember is the opening number where they were cutting the ice.

Loved the animation, definitely what Disney excels at. I also love the emphasis was on the sisterly love instead of Prince/princess.

But huge gaps in the story line (what the heck was the point of the trolls?)

It was good but definitely at the end of my list. I would have liked it better if it were like Finding nemo, left out the songs
One problem maybe that Beauty and the Beast and the lion king were excellent musical so I expect that level every movie

I bought the soundtrack right after seeing the movie because I absolutely LOVED the music. I know many sisters who went to see this movie together and loved it because of the emphasis on love between the sisters and not the love between a princess and a prince. And btw ALL of us are singing the songs constantly! Lol!

I will admit that the music is different from the typical Disney movie but I think that's what I like a bout it. Love the Broadway feel! But then when I think about it... I love Beauty and the Beast and the Lion King and BOTH are now Broadway musicals... hm.

I saw it over the weekend and I think stating that it's on par with the classics, such as Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King, is really reaching.

The beginning of the movie was cute and fun, the animation was fantastic, and the colors were beautiful, but I didn't think the songs were that catchy and I was close to falling asleep during Anna's adventure to find Elsa. So for me it was too long, haha.

Frozen is fantasic in every way and is now a box office phenomenon. I like it better than Lion King and it is in the league of Beauty and the Beast. Great music but not quite Lion King level music.

This is a princess movie for those who hate princess movies and "true love's kiss"!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that doesn't mean they are wearing colored glasses. People are allowed to dislike something Disney. Or like it.

However, if you are in a Ferrari car club and every weekend at the meetings one member does nothing but talk about how lousy Ferrari is and how anyone who likes Ferrari is silly (or wearing colored glasses) - and Porsche is better, it is legitimate for the other members to ask why he is there. They get together specifically because they all love Ferrari. He is certainly allowed his opinion, but why rain on everyone else's parade? Go join the Porsche club.

Sometimes these boards feel like a Ferrari club full of Porsche fans. In fact, they are getting to be known for it. There are some with nothing positive to say. And they seem to rain on almost every thread. Again, nothing wrong with any opinion, but I could have sworn I saw somewhere that this was a Disney fan site, not a Disney hate site.

Just my opinion. :)

I'd love to shed some light on the reason for this. Or what my theory is. The film was originally called "The Snow Queen", just as Tangled was called "Rapunzel". Both these names were eventually changed because they were too.... girly. There's no need selling girls on a Princess film, they're in. It's the boys you need in the door. That's why the Snowman is so heavily advertised. His role is MUCH smaller than the trailers and TV spots suggest, and honestly - after you see it - you may wish it was a larger role. Olaf is hysterical. Every. Single. Line. It's completely out of context, of course, until you see the film, but you'll fall in love with the little guy.

Speaking about Rapunzel... Mayb many of you guys already notice.. but did i just saw Rapunzel and Eugene/Flynn..IN Frozen at 16:18 ~ 16:22..? haha

Yes, that was Rapunzel and Eugene. Speculators say this: That Elsa and Anna's mom was sisters with Rapunzel's mom cause they look alike, sorta. That the trip that Elsa and Anna's parents were taking when they were killed was to go to Rapunzel's week long party when she was returned to her parents. This is because Tangled was released 3 years ago (2010) and the main events of Frozen happen 3 years after the ship wreck. (Anna wakes up with tangled hair (get it?) on her sisters "corneration" day and the subtitle says "3 years later".)

Also that during "For the first time in forever" when Anna stuffs chocolate in her face, so gets a "sugar rush", the name of the racing game in Wreck it Ralph.

As an aside.... I liked Elsa's coronation dress better than her Snow Queen dress and I liked Anna's traveling dress and cloak better that her coronation party dress.

I took my little niece to see the movie, out of no reason, she likes Elsa so much, really a good movie.:)

I saw frozen about week ago and it's really amazing... :)

I saw it a couple weeks ago like you and I loved it so much. Are you glad you saw the movie Frozen?

:thumbsup2

Welcome! We will assimilate your distinctiveness into the Frozen collective. Resistance is futile.
:worship::worship::worship::worship:
:lmao:

Yes, the movie is awesome. :) Glad to know more are finding it as time goes on. One thing for sure that all these little girls will not be doing for many years to come: Letting it go. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter