Save VMK Today's Mailing Campaign - Please participate!

Yes, any room with a light background works. :thumbsup2

And btw Red...I just have to tell you that even after the hundredth time of seeing that bug in your sig, I still want to swat it away! :rotfl:

I don't have access to a color printer at the moment. So, since I'm a writer by trade, I decided to just send a nice long letter to all concerned. Five pages enough, d'ya think?

Also, while the bulk mailings are good for quantity, keep in mind that single letters arriving in bunches will also have an effect. One, due to the mail delivery times from different parts of the world, they'll arrive staggered. Two, it carries a lot more impact in this day and age if someone takes the effort to write a letter, put a stamp on it, and mail it rather than zip off something in an email. This shows committment on our part and that's what helped with the Figment rescue several years ago.

Don't worry if you can't write well. A heartfelt effort, even in crayon from a young child, still carries a lot of impact.

Actually, I printed out a b+w avatar and colored it in, and it really came out quite well. I was very pleased with it, anyway. Crayon and colored pencils are good for this - marker won't work as well.

Letters are great, too, of course! I just don't want anyone to feel like they can't participate in the avatar campaign just because they don't have a color printer.

I don't have access to a color printer at the moment. So, since I'm a writer by trade, I decided to just send a nice long letter to all concerned. Five pages enough, d'ya think?

Also, while the bulk mailings are good for quantity, keep in mind that single letters arriving in bunches will also have an effect. One, due to the mail delivery times from different parts of the world, they'll arrive staggered. Two, it carries a lot more impact in this day and age if someone takes the effort to write a letter, put a stamp on it, and mail it rather than zip off something in an email. This shows committment on our part and that's what helped with the Figment rescue several years ago.

Don't worry if you can't write well. A heartfelt effort, even in crayon from a young child, still carries a lot of impact.

Totally agree. At first while I was working on my video I felt like, wow maybe I should be writing. Then I realized week 2 is a perfect week to send your letter, dont want them to stop getting letters :thumbsup2

I think your video was outstanding so it was not a waste of time. Keep in mind that in a campaign, you don't shoot all your weapons off at once. This is the difficult phase. The first enthusiastic rush of passion is gone so now we're in the trenches and the real work begins. If you missed one of the earlier mailing opportunities, stand by a few days. You can send later this week so that your letters and flats hit next week. Just when the executives think things are dying down, a whole lot of adorable flats will fall out on their desks.

Send them some nuts!

It has worked for other issues like the cancellation of Jericho

Not sure if this part is allowed but there is a company online that will ship them for you also.

Company is in white below for those interested.
http://www.nutsonline.com/jericho

They received around 20 tons of peanuts!

To the Fans of Jericho:

Wow!

Over the past few weeks you have put forth an impressive and probably unprecedented display of passion in support of a prime time television series. You got our attention; your emails and collective voice have been heard.

As a result, CBS has ordered seven episodes of "Jericho" for mid-season next year. In success, there is the potential for more. But, for there to be more "Jericho," we will need more viewers.

A loyal and passionate community has clearly formed around the show. But that community needs to grow. It needs to grow on the CBS Television Network, as well as on the many digital platforms where we make the show available.

We will count on you to rally around the show, to recruit new viewers with the same grass-roots energy, intensity and volume you have displayed in recent weeks.

At this time, I cannot tell you the specific date or time period that "Jericho" will return to our schedule. However, in the interim, we are working on several initiatives to help introduce the show to new audiences. This includes re-broadcasting "Jericho" on CBS this summer, streaming episodes and clips from these episodes across the CBS Audience Network (online), releasing the first season DVD on September 25 and continuing the story of Jericho in the digital world until the new episodes return. We will let you know specifics when we have them so you can pass them on.

On behalf of everyone at CBS, thank you for expressing your support of "Jericho" in such an extraordinary manner. Your protest was creative, sustained and very thoughtful and respectful in tone. You made a difference.

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler
President, CBS Entertainment

P.S. Please stop sending us nuts :-)

Well, the flats are the VMK equivalent of Jericho's peanuts (which were chosen because of a line in the first season finale) and Roswell's Tabasco sauce. It's a campaign tactic that's been used a handful of times in the past; sending something that's meaningful to the product you're trying to support as a physical compliment to your letters and notes. It's not the nuts themselves that got the job done; it's the fact that people sent them.

Agreed. Also, a batch of nuts sent "for us" by some company will not have the impact of individual letters arriving with their own special avatar flats. I know it worked for Jericho but I suspect Disney will be more moved by the fan-based initiative.

I have to differ with you some, the letter is good the flats a good but both can be dropped in the shredder at the end of the desk.
A tangible item that is not as easily dismissed IMHO would draw more attention, the flats with something more would better.
The flats could all fit in one copy a paper box, and dont have as much of a visual as say ten copy paper boxes of something or even 100+

A ream of paper is 500 pages and there are 10 reams in a case so thats 5000 flats easy is one box.

I still can't come up with a decent-looking flat--just not working for me. So I came up with another idea. I am enclosing a second sheet with my letter that I've printed some VMK photos on. I put mine and my DH's character photos at the top with a couple of sentences to describe each. Then I added a couple more photos of special moments in VMK which I also captioned with a few sentences describing each. Hoping it helps to add a little extra personal touch to my letter--like a family photo album. For example, the first sentence for my character says--"This is me, wdwdreamin."

Just thought I'd pass the info along in case it helps anyone else put something together.

I still can't come up with a decent-looking flat--just not working for me. So I came up with another idea. I am enclosing a second sheet with my letter that I've printed some VMK photos on. I put mine and my DH's character photos at the top with a couple of sentences to describe each. Then I added a couple more photos of special moments in VMK which I also captioned with a few sentences describing each. Hoping it helps to add a little extra personal touch to my letter--like a family photo album. For example, the first sentence for my character says--"This is me, wdwdreamin."

Just thought I'd pass the info along in case it helps anyone else put something together.

I think that's a wonderful idea. :)

I was also thinking of enclosing some of that shiny confetti...hmm, maybe the mickey head shaped confetti... Nothing like your little person doing actual magic when the envelope is opened... heh :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!