Saturday or Sunday?

Kagoguen

Mouseketeer
Looking for some advise as to which day might be the better day to check in and get the loop and site you requested. Thanks in advance :)

And the earlier in the day that you can get there, the better your chances for both site and loop.

ED

I made the rookie mistake of arriving on a Saturday during our last trip. When we absolutely couldnt get into the first site we were assigned it left us with only one other alternative site. On Sunday afternoon it cleared out a lot but I wasnt willing to move.

Awesome tip. What the earliest you think we could check in with good chances of loop and site?
You can check in anytime after 6am. You'd probably have to wait for people to leave unless you get lucky.

Awesome tip. What the earliest you think we could check in with good chances of loop and site?

Yeah the soonest is 6am and you end up waiting unless your pre-assigned site had no one on it the previous night. So you get the choice of waiting for a guest to leave your site and get it cleaned and prepped for you or you can opt to take a first available at your level and lose your request. If the pre-assigned loop is not the one you wanted, you can ask to be moved to it. They will bump another pre-assigned guest and put you in it if possible.

This can be a multi-step process which is why I like to arrive early (about 630am) after staying the night off-property nearby. The CM checking you in will generally confirm (or not) if they can meet your loop request. If so then I move to step two which is to inquire about a specific site. I give them 3 site numbers and ask if those are or will become available today. If so, they move me and I may wait. If not, I'm in my requested loop in some site.

Be aware that if you use the early check-in option on line before arrival, you may get a text at some point on check-in day saying your site is ready and here is the number. To the system, you are already checked in and can't be bumped out. Even if you're still up on I95 going through Jacksonville when the text arrives.

I have been turned down from loop 100 (my requested go to) and been told it was full and given a site in 200. When I got to 200, there were several empty sites in 100. I called the front desk back and gave them the empty numbers and they checked saying they were already texted out. So that's how I know that.

That's why earlier is better. By the time people arrive before you or those texts go out, all your possible options are used up. When you roll up at 5pm and asked to be swapped, there may be no open site left (typical with 100 and 1500 and 700 which are popular in their ranks). You don't have to be extreme like me and show up in the morning darkness but I would say your chances drop down noticeably by lunchtime.

The whole process is sort of a kabuki dance. Some folks don't care about a specific site or loop and that's great. It's only a request after all not a guarantee.

Bama Ed

PS - and when you arrive, you will not know if you got bumped early once, twice, or not at all.

Thanks guys. I should get there around 1 pm and was going to try the early check in and wanted loop 1400. Should I try the early check in?

I have done early check in for years, hasnt helped me any that I can tell but I will try anything that doesnt cost extra.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter