Saratoga Springs - Best Building

AGR1985

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

We have an upcoming trip, dates late May through early June. It will be a multigenerational trip, not really focused on the parks but instead more of a relaxing resort/pool-focused vacation with the option to visit the parks if we so decide. We will have two young children who love water features, like splash areas/aquatic playgrounds but also love traditionally (dry) playgrounds. We'll spend a good chunk of our days taking them to the pool and/or playground. Usually, it's best if we are close to the room so we can run back for drinks/snacks. Typically being near the stairs/elevator and on a lower floor makes this easiest. We've never stayed more than one night at SSR and will not have a car, so getting around the property is a concern for us. We're not sure if it would be better to stay closer to the walking path to Downtown Disney, or if it'd be better to stay close to the Carriage House for easy access to busses to the parks. We'd also like to be in a refurbished room if possible.

With all of that in mind, for those who have stayed at Saratoga Springs, any recommendations on the best building to request would be greatly appreciated. Any tips/tricks/advice regarding SSR in general would also be great!

Thanks!

**EDITED TO ADD - STANDARD VIEW** (Although, please include tips for the preferred view too because if we love SSR, we'll keep preferred open as an option in the future!)

Last edited:
Preferred or Standard? We need to know that first.

SSR is a great place for a resort only stay. With four pools the kids have multiple options of swimming choices. We did just the same thing last December.

We prefer the Springs if staying Preferred and the Paddock if Standard(with a room request to be near the Paddock Pool).

Our two least favorite areas are the Carrousel and Congress Park.

SSR is a great place for a resort only stay. With four pools the kids have multiple options of swimming choices. We did just the same thing last December.

We prefer the Springs if staying Preferred and the Paddock if Standard(with a room request to be near the Paddock Pool).

Hi Brett, thanks for the help! I edited my post to add we're staying in standard view. That's a great point that we'll have four pools to choose from! The kids will be so excited!

Hi Brett, thanks for the help! I edited my post to add we're staying in standard view. That's a great point that we'll have four pools to choose from! The kids will be so excited!

I'd definitely request the Paddock "near the pool", which is Paddock Building 9 or 10, in that case! A similar request is the Grandstand building 15 or 16, but we prefer the Paddock pool.

The Paddock is 100% updated. The Grandstand was under way(may be done by now). The Carousel had not been started. Anyone have an update on remodel status?

First stay at SSR is coming mid July, we’re staying in a preferred studio but are with a large group who are staying in a 2 or 3 bedroom villa. Our options are:
Grandstand section
Near bus stop
Near Carriage house
Near pool
Congress Park

I have no idea which section our other family is staying so figured I’d stay as close to the carriage house as possible since that’s the central location.

Here’s a somewhat dumb question but my first option is “near pool” which I’m assuming puts us near the main pool (we swim a lot) with near carriage house second. Are they both considered the “Springs” section? Also I bought dvc pts but put my request in through the mde app. We just stayed at the Poly a few weeks ago, I got neither request (Tokelau first Moorea second got Pago Pago). I get they’re just requests and not guarantees but is there a better way to submit your request?

I thought the Grandstand was either done or the last building was being worked on. The Carousel is closed those 2 buildings are being worked on. I agree with Brett Wyman on location. I’d resort/pool focused Paddock building 9/10, the Grandstand buildings 16 or 15.

First stay at SSR is coming mid July, we’re staying in a preferred studio but are with a large group who are staying in a 2 or 3 bedroom villa. Our options are:
Grandstand section
Near bus stop
Near Carriage house
Near pool
Congress Park

I have no idea which section our other family is staying so figured I’d stay as close to the carriage house as possible since that’s the central location.

Here’s a somewhat dumb question but my first option is “near pool” which I’m assuming puts us near the main pool (we swim a lot) with near carriage house second. Are they both considered the “Springs” section? Also I bought dvc pts but put my request in through the mde app. We just stayed at the Poly a few weeks ago, I got neither request (Tokelau first Moorea second got Pago Pago). I get they’re just requests and not guarantees but is there a better way to submit your request?

No dumb question here! Believe me when I say, I've asked really dumb questions, this isn't one.

To answer your question, I'm not sure exactly where they will put you when you select one of those spots. I'm sure the cast members will do their best to get you closest to one of those selected spots, but it's never a guarantee, I assume. SSR is a really big resort in terms of acreage, and even within those divided out sections like Congress Park, Carousel, etc., they are huge. Case in point, we stayed in a 1-bedroom last month at The Paddock, and it was the furthest southerly building in that section, and it was about a 5-7 minute walk to the pool which is the mid-way point in the paddock section. The trade off was we were close to Congress Park bus stop, which is also the closest spot to the walking path taking you to Disney Springs. So, if I could choose, I would take Congress Park if you plan to walk over to Disney Springs. You also get a pool in that section (like all others), and if you want to enjoy the main pool at the Carriage House, it's 5 minutes walking time to get there. Enjoy your stay!

The only dry playground it at Congress Park, which has it's own quiet pool. Unfortunately, this is in the preferred section.

The Paddock area is a great option.

Personally, we typically choose Grandstand for a couple reasons (we have a 3 year old).

- It has it's own quiet pool with a pool bar. This pool has a really cool splash area. There is also a hot tub. We like having a quiet pool for when it's time to wind down. This also helps if the main pool is jam packed.
- It is a super quick walk to the main pool and Carriage House, like less than 4 minute walk. There is also a splash area there, so it's 2 pools within a 5 minute walk.
- First bus stop, so a full bus will never pass you by.
- Away from the main highway, so super quiet. Many villas in the Paddock back up to a busy road that houses a very busy fire station.

When I am checking in for SSR, I have a preferred room but for the room requests it says Grandstand section, but not the Springs. Did they change which sections are preferred?

When I am checking in for SSR, I have a preferred room but for the room requests it says Grandstand section, but not the Springs. Did they change which sections are preferred?
Ignore that. As you can see, online request options are often not relevant to your reservation. Grandstand is still in the Standard category. If you booked via cash through Disney, contact the reservations people to make a section request. If you booked via DVC points, you (or the owner) need to contact MS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter