SAP+ ?

Road noise was a definite downer for balcony use for me and my guests. We haven’t had them often, and that doesn’t prevent me from going to BCV. This is only from that one area.

Could you hear the road noise with the door closed?

Our last two Disney vacations - Grand Californian (regular room, not villa) and BRV...we got not-so-great room locations. So we joke that if there's a bad area...that's the one we'd get. I was just looking at a picture of BLT and I asked my husband which room we'd get if we stayed here. He immediately said "one that overlooks that loading dock." 😁

Attachments

• BLTdock.jpg
    BLTdock.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 52
Our last two Disney vacations - Grand Californian (regular room, not villa) and BRV...we got not-so-great room locations.
awwww... we have had a mix, but the threads here will definitely help with making room requests that help your chances. Every once in a while you get a stinker (we did get the dreaded VGF 1221 standard studio - you need to google that one! On the plus side, it was a very quiet room.)

And at BLT, the loading dock room will have a view of fireworks, so ... there's always a bright side!

Reminds me - there was a thread a while back of "worst room views" and it was pretty funny.

It's worth checking out the resorts in person - some things that don't matter to me, for example, will matter a lot to someone else.

This is so important. Just to name a few some people LOVE how spacious OKW is, I on the other hand deplore their internal bus loop without being able to walk to Disney Springs. Some people hate AKV's distance from everything else and bus only transportation; I willingly overlook that so I can look at a savanna from my balcony and for the theming. BLT? I thought I would hate the theming or lack thereof, but dear lord those fireworks from my lake view studio this past Christmas sure made up for it. Also that proximity to MK was unmatched. The list goes on and on for every single resort. It's kind of the beauty of having such a robust portfolio of resorts.

We lucked into Riviera and bought site unseen and luckily we absolutely love the resort and added on again less than a year later but there are some things you just don't think about until you've stayed at the resort.

So we joke that if there's a bad area...that's the one we'd get. I was just looking at a picture of BLT and I asked my husband which room we'd get if we stayed here. He immediately said "one that overlooks that loading dock." 😁
I assume your view at BRV was like mine?

Attachments

• IMG_3424.jpeg
    IMG_3424.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3423.jpeg
    IMG_3423.jpeg
    168.4 KB · Views: 59
All of my points are sleep around points until I am finished with the school year calendar, which will be in a few short years. I have really enjoyed the 7m “see what’s available.” Afterwards I will likely use my BLT points only at BLT and my SSR as SAP. I just finished my first solo AKL Jambo/ Poly (3/4 nights) split and really enjoyed both resorts. I have enjoyed all of the resorts I’ve stayed at. BC, BRV, Poly, Jambo, SSR. I bought BLT without ever staying there, but have dined at Contemporary and walked to MK, which is very nice.

There's always the Porte Cochere view at VGF...
View attachment 833710
THATS THE DREADED 1221!!!!

The only bad view at VGF. I feel like it’s a rite of passage for VGF owners. We got it as part of a 2br lock off so at least we had a better view from the 1br side.

But: it’s quiet!!

edited: for anyone who thinks this is zoomed or cropped to look especially bad … it’s not.
We were 2 floors up, in 1421, our first stay at VGF and it was glorious - wide open sunset views with the monorail.

Last edited:
I have really enjoyed the 7m “see what’s available.”
I do this a lot! We book our home resort at 7-11 mo and then see what is available - it’s a fun exercise even if more than half the time we stay at our home resort. The slight bonus is - when switching at 7mo you’re usually booking a preferred view so chances of getting that dumpster view are a little less. I suppose I could just use some more points to book a preferred view but where’s the fun in that?? :D

I do this a lot! We book our home resort at 7-11 mo and then see what is available - it’s a fun exercise even if more than half the time we stay at our home resort. The slight bonus is - when switching at 7mo you’re usually booking a preferred view so chances of getting that dumpster view are a little less. I suppose I could just use some more points to book a preferred view but where’s the fun in that?? :D
I have one more whole week at Poly for spring break on banked points and it’s been fun and necessary to book the more points heavy trips. Last year in June I had a 2 bed at BRV for 8 nights, what a nice trip it’s been⚡

We were on 1st floor so at least ours was more green. Ha! One day there was a huge truck on the lawn right in front of us to trim the trees though.

View attachment 833688
Thar doesn't look to bad at all. I'm guessing you were in the room nextdoor to the end? (or was that the last one)

All of my points are sleep around points until I am finished with the school year calendar, which will be in a few short years. I have really enjoyed the 7m “see what’s available.” Afterwards I will likely use my BLT points only at BLT and my SSR as SAP. I just finished my first solo AKL Jambo/ Poly (3/4 nights) split and really enjoyed both resorts. I have enjoyed all of the resorts I’ve stayed at. BC, BRV, Poly, Jambo, SSR. I bought BLT without ever staying there, but have dined at Contemporary and walked to MK, which is very nice.
Yes, that is almost the fun part of planning... but i need to master the art of booking 3-4 days at a time for easier swapping at 7mo.

We honestly didn't go outside at all so view isn't a big deal to us at all. We were worried about noise but thankfully that wasn't an issue.

We honestly didn't go outside at all so view isn't a big deal to us at all. We were worried about noise but thankfully that wasn't an issue.
I realized that I don't care much about a balcony either... I like to open the door for fresh air, but not sit outside.

Will they be getting them with the 2025 refurbishment? I'd like to stay there someday but definitely not until they get murphy beds!
I'm dying to know this as well, it's the only reason I can't justify buying a small contract there. Well that and the need for the 5th sleeper in the one bedroom 🤣

facebook twitter