Sanibel, Captiva, or stay w/ Don Cesar??

Yes, 2 very different experiences!!

If you decided Sanibel/Captiva, stay at the Tween Waters Inn!!! Excellent!! You will not regret it!

S/C = laidback, relaxing, no high rises, etc. Beautiful in it's natural way. The beaches are shelly and bigger waves. But, the sunsets are to die for and there is some really great food there!!

TPA/St. Pete/Clearwater = commericalized, white sandy beaches, less waves, but also beautiful!!

Personally here's my pick, with just my hubby - Captiva, Tween Waters Inn all the way!! With my kids - Clearwater is a must!!!

I agree with the poster above, Tween Waters Inn on Captiva is a great place to stay for a few days. The continental breakfast buffet included with the room is very good. The beach was nice also. We go to Sanibel almost every year and stay in a private condo near Bowman's Beach, which is our favorite part of the island. Sanibel is a very laid back vacation. It has become a favorite of our family. Then we cap it off with a few days at WDW at the end.

Dizneydaz said:
The next day the woman at the front desk rec. we check out Siesta Key as it was very close by. We did. The sand there was very nice. The beach was very wide. Quite a walk to the water. And no shells. My DD again, enjoyed jumping the small waves.

We live here and I can tell you - we've been shelling 4 nights this past week...there are plenty of shells on Siesta. They aren't full along the beach like Sanibel (and not as broken as Sanibel)but there are plenty - have a garage full of buckets of them. Also TONS of sanddollars as well....

my mom goes to Tween Waters every year - they are going the first weekend in July...they love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter