Sandy and James PJ 6/18/08-DREAMS DO COME TRUE! few pictures up!

i am so glad you posted the price of invitations through impressions...i just showed mark, and he was SHOCKED. i've been having a hard time justifying to him why i've taken on all these projects myself. once he heard that outrageous cost...nuff said!

your invitations look amazing! i love that you did the crystal glitter! those mailing boxes are cool too!

oh, you can only get the issac mizrahi stuff from target.com...

Wow, they came out beautiful. We are also going with the Cards and Pockets. I ordered a sample of the Stardream Opal and thought it was too beige in color - I didn't even know about the Stardream Silver. Maybe I should get a sample of that one also. I love the shimmer and our pockets are not the shimmer so I would love the inserts to be.

Would you mind sending a template of how you did your sizing for the invites and inserts. I have been trying (especially the inserts on the side) and can just not get it right. Also, how did you get the blue border around the inserts. Did you cut the inserts down to size and put them through your printer or did you put them on larger paper and cut them after they were printed. My email address is lpizzuro123@comcast. net and would really appreciate it if you would not mind.

linda, there's another color stardream (called quartz) that mirrors the opal...the opal goes well with gold tones, the quartz goes with silver tones! hth!

Thanks for the info on the paper. I will have to check out the website and give them a call. My cards and pockets will be red with a black border so that one might work better.

Linda

Wow, they came out beautiful. We are also going with the Cards and Pockets. I ordered a sample of the Stardream Opal and thought it was too beige in color - I didn't even know about the Stardream Silver. Maybe I should get a sample of that one also. I love the shimmer and our pockets are not the shimmer so I would love the inserts to be.

Would you mind sending a template of how you did your sizing for the invites and inserts. I have been trying (especially the inserts on the side) and can just not get it right. Also, how did you get the blue border around the inserts. Did you cut the inserts down to size and put them through your printer or did you put them on larger paper and cut them after they were printed. My email address is lpizzuro123@comcast. net and would really appreciate it if you would not mind.

I ordered a sample of all the stardream papers to help make the decision-
I dont really have a template I printed them all on a piece of 8 1/2 x11 paper and cut them, then matted each. What I will do is measure them and send them to you- it did take a little playing with to get it right and to make sure the rsvp will fit in the envelope! I will do it today and send it to you!

linda, there's another color stardream (called quartz) that mirrors the opal...the opal goes well with gold tones, the quartz goes with silver tones! hth!

The papers are so pretty! I've been driving DF crazy because I had to have the shimmer!!:rotfl:

Wow, your invitations look great!! I love the little mickey heads!

Thank you! The mickey head on the inside landed there by mistake!!:laughing: I was playing with it and left it there- but I think I like its hidden mickey quality!:rolleyes1

I love the invitations, especially the shimmery paper and the little boxes. The boxes are really cool :cool1: Are you thinking about ordering any special stamps or anything? There are some cool things on Zazzle that would be neat on the boxes. They are a little pricey though :upsidedow

Wow, I love your invites. They came out great. The funny thing is that they look very simliar to what I did with my invites. We came up with the same idea :thumbsup2. I haven't posted any pictures of it yet, but its the same pocket folder (except in purple) and I have ribbon wrapped around the outside, with the same Mickey punch where you have yours. I ordered samples from cards & pockets and was playing around with it and thats what I came up with. I like it a lot.

If you don't mind, can you PM me your measurements as well? I can't seem to get it just right either and its driving me crazy. I love how you matted the inserts too. I never thought to do that. Gives it a nice touch.

Thanks for your reply. I never would have thought to mount the inserts. at the moment I have 6 inserts (need to cut that number down) and it is alittle tight to get them in. I will probably also print it out on a larger piece of paper and then trim down.

I didn't realize there were other stardream paper. I'll have to check it out.

Linda

I love the invitations, especially the shimmery paper and the little boxes. The boxes are really cool :cool1: Are you thinking about ordering any special stamps or anything? There are some cool things on Zazzle that would be neat on the boxes. They are a little pricey though :upsidedow

THanks!!!The box is kind of neat, different in a good way:yay: I have been looking into zazzle stamps just haven't come up with the right one yet!

Wow, I love your invites. They came out great. The funny thing is that they look very simliar to what I did with my invites. We came up with the same idea :thumbsup2. I haven't posted any pictures of it yet, but its the same pocket folder (except in purple) and I have ribbon wrapped around the outside, with the same Mickey punch where you have yours. I ordered samples from cards & pockets and was playing around with it and thats what I came up with. I like it a lot.

If you don't mind, can you PM me your measurements as well? I can't seem to get it just right either and its driving me crazy. I love how you matted the inserts too. I never thought to do that. Gives it a nice touch.

I will send them to you!
Thanks for your reply. I never would have thought to mount the inserts. at the moment I have 6 inserts (need to cut that number down) and it is alittle tight to get them in. I will probably also print it out on a larger piece of paper and then trim down.

I didn't realize there were other stardream paper. I'll have to check it out.

Linda

I think I ordered a sample pack it had all the stardream colors from a web site I found called www.papermojo.com (pretty sure that was it) It was $3.50 for all the colors!
I will send the sizes tonight!

Your invites are absolutely awesome!
I'm actually playing around with making my own invites.
Is it possible for me to beg you for your measurements also? :)
Please?
Thank you!!!

Your invites are absolutely awesome!
I'm actually playing around with making my own invites.
Is it possible for me to beg you for your measurements also? :)
Please?
Thank you!!!

Hey- I played around with the measurements for my inserts:

Here is what I came up with (and it worked!:laughing: )

I did 4 inserts: You can adjust for more- the most important one is the back one- the tallest of the 4.

For the mats(blue on mine):
All are 3 1/2" wide-

The tallest is 7 inches high.
2nd tallest 6 1/8" high
3rd tallest 5 3/8"
4th tallest 4 5/8"

The size of the white paper(with wording) is 1/4" less than the mat all the way around so there will be 1/8" border of blue.

I printed each centered on an 8 1/2 X 11 paper and measured from the center- these are all 3 1/4" wide.

Fyi- the lettering for the titles I used 36 size. If there are more inserts the title will probably need to be smaller to be able to see them all when they are lined up!

And dont forget the rsvp needs to fit in a standard small envelope (the one I'm using is 3 5/8 X 5 1/8)

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can help some more, I'm happy to share!:goodvibes

Thanks Sandy!!!
You are awesome...
So what size is your pocket folio? 4 x 7?
Did you make it yourself or did you buy it?

So, I think I have finally figured out our invitations!!! :woohoo:
invite.jpg

invite2.jpg

inviteinserts.jpg

invite1.jpg

Your invitations are beautiful!! You have great creativity.
Could you please tell me where you got your samples from?
TIA.
:cheer2:

I was wondering where you got the castle pic from and if possible you could send it to me? Or just send your invite if you want. My email is csko@icirclegames.com. Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter