Sand Ceremony/Unity Candle

FutureMrs.B

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew around how long either of these take? I was thinking of playing a song during it and was kinda hoping to play the whole thing. Thanx! :flower3:

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew around how long either of these take? I was thinking of playing a song during it and was kinda hoping to play the whole thing. Thanx! :flower3:

We just had a Sand Ceremony in our wedding this past Friday and I believe that it took at least 5 minutes. You can drag it out a little also by slowly pouring the sand, lol. I think ours took longer because it was me, dh, plus my two children pouring sand.

We were in the Wedding Pavilion and had a violinist and organist playing a song and I am pretty sure they played the whole thing and then some. We had Welcome from Brother Bear because it felt like it signified the joining of our family. :grouphug:

If I remember correctly at first we all moved behind the altar, the music started and our officiant told us to start pouring the sand, we alternated pouring until it was full and then all joined hands around it and slowly shook it to signify our unity. He then explained the significance of the blending of the sand and how you cannot separate the colors once blended. He then introduced us as a new family. It was very special and sweet. I am so glad we did it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter