Sanaa to go... anywhere to eat??

RobinEJ

Mouseketeer
Hi, I want to order from Sanaa but I see it is a to go menu. I would love to sit somewhere and actually be able to eat, does anyone know if that is allowed or if there are tables available? We are staying at the Dolphin, will they even let us drive in if we show we ordered food?? Appreciate all tips, AKL is my absolute happy place!

We ate at Sanaa in Feb without having to do a togo order. The restaurant was open just at reduced capacity. If you wanted to do a to go you could probably take it out to the deck outside the restaurant where there are benches. I don't remember seeing any tables out there though.

Most have reported that you need to use Disney transportation to get to resorts without a reservation. Now, that may just be for the monorail loop and Epcot area resorts, but probably a good idea to get an answer on that before ordering.

As far as having somewhere to actually spread out and eat a to-go meal...you're probably out of luck on that unless you plan on carrying it back to your room. It's not an ideal situation.

Hi, I want to order from Sanaa but I see it is a to go menu. I would love to sit somewhere and actually be able to eat, does anyone know if that is allowed or if there are tables available? We are staying at the Dolphin, will they even let us drive in if we show we ordered food?? Appreciate all tips, AKL is my absolute happy place!
Sanaa is within the Kidani Village so there are several places to eat. One flight up in the lobby where you’ll have views of one of the savannas. Outside the restaurant near the pit where you roast marshmallows has a sitting area. Those are the places I can recalll but you can readily find more by goggling a map of Kidani Village.
HTH.

ETA: Normally, it’s an eat in restaurant so maybe things changed around for the pandemic.

Personally, I would keep trying for a reservation so you can eat there. It's a beautiful restaurant and we've had great service in years past. It's a harder reservation to get so I would set up a reservation finder and check the day before/day of - it pops up a lot last minute.

If I were staying there, I might order to eat in my room but I'm not sure I'd drive over there and juggle to-go containers somewhere in the hotel (esp since there is cheaper Indian food off property). If you still opt to do it, you should be able to find a few seats someplace but I don't recall actual tables anywhere...

Sanaa is within the Kidani Village so there are several places to eat. One flight up in the lobby where you’ll have views of one of the savannas. Outside the restaurant near the pit where you roast marshmallows has a sitting area. Those are the places I can recalll but you can readily find more by goggling a map of Kidani Village.
HTH.

ETA: Normally, it’s an eat in restaurant so maybe things changed around for the pandemic.
Yes, great little nooks with tables on the floor above Sanaa overlooking the savannas, with A/C. It was empty last week, only one family sharing bread service.

Thank you everyone! I didn’t even realize eating in the restaurant was an option when I saw the to go option!

We were staying at AKV Jambo a couple weeks ago. We made a quick decision to try Sanaa didn't have a reservation and walk up waitlist was full (was surprised by this) so we did a Sanaa to go order. We took the shuttle from Jambo to get to Kidani. When we picked up our food we asked the staff about any places to eat if we didn't want to go back to our room. We were told there were a limited number tables outside, but we found a little area on the main floor that was kind of off to the side, so opted to stay in the AC after a long day. Not sure of the name of the area but it felt very "lounge-ish", with couches and some chairs. Will say Sanaa is worth the trip so delicious!

It's great to see that Sanaa has to-go meals. We're at Jambo House for our first night and I had planned on eating at The Mara because I haven't been able to snag a reservation at Sanaa. It's good to know that we have an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter