San Diego Food

EACarlson

DIS Veteran
Heading to San Diego with my 10 year old for a week. Looking for restaurant recommendations and things off the beaten path that we should check out. Only places we know we are going are Crack Shack and the Little Italy Food Hall. Generally prefer Diner's, Drive-In's and Dives type places but looking for one foodie restaurant that we can feed three for less than $150

Heading to San Diego with my 10 year old for a week. Looking for restaurant recommendations and things off the beaten path that we should check out. Only places we know we are going are Crack Shack and the Little Italy Food Hall. Generally prefer Diner's, Drive-In's and Dives type places but looking for one foodie restaurant that we can feed three for less than $150
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g60750-c10686-San_Diego_California.html

Have a great trip. :-)

Maybe you’ll run into Carmen San Diego while you’re there.🤣

I was there this past summer. Didn't do any fine dining, although my son could probably give a ton of recommendations for that. We generally stuck to small places for fast casual.

Because I'm a huge fan of Chicken Pot Pie, I loved the PopPie Company. Several different types of pot pies (good variety).

For a great sandwich, try the HIllcrest Sandwich Shop: http://www.hillcrestsandwich.com/ Definitely fits the "dive" vibe.

Then we had a bit of a fish taco thing going trying to find the best. My son thought this place was the best: La Vincindad Neighborhood Tacos. After trying a bunch of places, I have to agree. www.lvntacos.com

We also went to a more touristy place, George's at the Cove, for the view. I wasn't overly impressed but it was pretty sitting up above the Cove.

Roberto’s Taco Shop. It’s a local chain. They have the best carne asada burritos around. My family has lived in San Diego since 1985. When I visit them, my dad takes me to Roberto’s on the way home from the airport every single time!

Juniper and Ivy is widely considered one of the best "foodie" restaurants in San Diego.

If you want some good pizza, Mr. Motos at Seaport Village is fantastic.

In Old Town, I like Casa Guadalajara for authentic Mexican food.

The Fish Market next to the Midway Museum is amazing on the waterfront

Thank you for this one, we probably will end up there at some point. Not a huge fan of the 4% "surcharge" just for being a customer.
Roberto’s Taco Shop. It’s a local chain. They have the best carne asada burritos around. My family has lived in San Diego since 1985. When I visit them, my dad takes me to Roberto’s on the way home from the airport every single time!
This is exactly the type of places I'm looking for.

Juniper and Ivy is widely considered one of the best "foodie" restaurants in San Diego.

If you want some good pizza, Mr. Motos at Seaport Village is fantastic.

In Old Town, I like Casa Guadalajara for authentic Mexican food.
Juniper and Ivy might be just a touch more than I want to spend with the 10 year old. If it was just my wife and I we would already have reservations.

That's the exact opposite of helpful. Besides the pay for good reviews and deleting of bad reviews, the point of posting here is for the recommendations of people here.
Sorry, I have trusted trip advisor in the past. You can still use the link to see the restaurants around where you are visiting particularly and check out the restaurants individually.

I was there for a work conference in the Gaslamp district. They have a few good places there but I had three meals at Meze and all were great.

Sorry, I have trusted trip advisor in the past. You can still use the link to see the restaurants around where you are visiting particularly and check out the restaurants individually.
I agree. I use trip advisor and use Yelp and write reviews for both. No doubt there are "shills"
on both and you can tell. You just have to know what to look for and I never take down a
negative review no matter what the manager offers.

Yelp even with it's problems is a better go to. Trip advisor has too many "one and done" suspicious
reviews. I only looks at posters with MANY reviews. I myself have 150 on there.

Corvette diner and Juniper/Ivy are two places out of town relatives love when they come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter