San Diego Cruises 2021

I finally bought my airfare for my Sept cruise last week. I thought for certain that as soon as I bought airfare, the cruises would get cancelled. Hasn't happened yet so I'm holding out hope.

We booked our Port Adventures and Onboard Fun at 105 days. That usually guarantees an "Important Information About Your Cruise" email within a week (and crippling disappointment), but it's been 20 days and so far so good. :-)

I'm curious - has anyone doing a fall cruise on the Wonder who has booked concierge received their notification mail yet?

I'm curious - has anyone doing a fall cruise on the Wonder who has booked concierge received their notification mail yet?
Which notification? I'm 54 days out, sailing concierge. I haven't heard anything about protocols, etc.

We just voluntarily moved our Sept cruise to March, which means Disney should be canceling the Sept cruise any day now and instead of a refund, our March cruise will forever remain not-refundable since we are past the original 60 day mark of the original cruise. lol

We just voluntarily moved our Sept cruise to March, which means Disney should be canceling the Sept cruise any day now and instead of a refund, our March cruise will forever remain not-refundable since we are past the original 60 day mark of the original cruise. lol

once you’ve moved a cruise date can you move it a second time?

once you’ve moved a cruise date can you move it a second time?

Moved our May 2020 Hawaii cruise to 9N Southern. When that was cancelled moved part to the Oct 1st 7N MX Riviera, and the remainder to the 2021 HI cruise.

This may be a unique situation due to COVID cruise cancellations, but I did move it multiple times.

My June cruise was cancelled right around the 60 day mark IIRC. We’re already closer than that for the first couple of San Diego cruises.

Has California said anything about cruises and their ports?

Not really, perhaps because California has not pushed back against cruise lines requirements for vaccinations and testing. No cruise ships are sailing from California ports at this time. San Diego port calendar show the Wonder and HAL Zuiderdam in late September. The Carnival Panorama in late August from Los Angeles. Both HAL and Carnival require vaccines, are limiting the number of unvaccinated including children, and require a negative COVID test from all guests within 72 hours of sailing. On cruise critic the Panorama guests seem hopeful about their cruise departing on Aug 21.

The Zuiderdam and Panorama are already on the west coast, so no question there like there is for the Wonder.

I'm on the Oct SD too with final payment due next week. I checked last night and there are MANY open rooms in every category at this point. We are really wondering if this will happen or not. If it does, will CA require vaccinated only? And if it is this empty, could it be better, but then what is open to do on the cruise at this price? Has anyone heard what will be open to do on board?

I'm on the Oct SD too with final payment due next week. I checked last night and there are MANY open rooms in every category at this point. We are really wondering if this will happen or not. If it does, will CA require vaccinated only? And if it is this empty, could it be better, but then what is open to do on the cruise at this price? Has anyone heard what will be open to do on board?

I'm on the Oct 1st cruise. There are many on-board activities, mixology/tastings, various spa treatments, etc. Pretty much all the things you used to be able to do. They are waiting for the Spa contractor to finalize all their activities, but most things are there.

The Port of San Diego has not published any requirements, nor has CA. That being said, the state is also NOT preventing cruise lines from requiring vaccinations if they are so inclined.

I was on the phone with DCL today on an unrelated matter. When I asked them about protocols for CA the CM heavily implied they are waiting on results from the first Dream cruises before they finalize the protocols. "In the coming weeks" is the response when asked when we can expect the protocols.

I'm on the Oct 1st cruise. There are many on-board activities, mixology/tastings, various spa treatments, etc. Pretty much all the things you used to be able to do. They are waiting for the Spa contractor to finalize all their activities, but most things are there.

The Port of San Diego has not published any requirements, nor has CA. That being said, the state is also NOT preventing cruise lines from requiring vaccinations if they are so inclined.

I was on the phone with DCL today on an unrelated matter. When I asked them about protocols for CA the CM heavily implied they are waiting on results from the first Dream cruises before they finalize the protocols. "In the coming weeks" is the response when asked when we can expect the protocols.
Has the San Diego port had any ship leave from there yet? I prefer not to fly to board DCL so
will be watching news about the Wonder.

Has the San Diego port had any ship leave from there yet? I prefer not to fly to board DCL so
will be watching news about the Wonder.

No, Disney and HAL are the first scheduled in late September. No cruise has sailed from any California port at this time.

Thanks, very helpful info!!!

Thanks, very helpful info!!!
Thanks

One thing, the photo package is now sold as an on-board activity. I'm not sure where it's shown/offered on the website (I could never find it) but I was able to have the CM add it to my cruise. It will be charged to your on-board account.

Two Question hopefully some here smart than myself might know:
1) Has Mexico opened its ports up to cruises? any restrictions?
2) How long will it take to get the Wonder from the Caribbean to San Diego?

Currently Baja California is level 4 in the local scale. This allows non-essential operations. I can't find any data that says any of the ports DCL will sail to (Ensenada, Cabo San Lucas, Puerta Vallarta, and Mazatlan) are closed.

The first cruise out of SD is 9/24. It's a 2N to Ensenada. Per previous social media posts the Wonder has a berth agreement in Port Everglades through 8/20. A revenue cruise through the Panama Canal is 14 nights, but that includes 5 days in port. It's probably safe to assume that a non-revenue transit would take about 10 days. So, it's possible that the Wonder could be in SD the beginning of September. There have also been posts from CMs saying that they are flying in to SD the end of August. That would line up with them quarantining for two weeks before starting test cruises.

I think the first indication will be if and when the Wonder leaves Port Everglades for SD. If they haven't left in two weeks I would start to get worried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter