Salute Tickets and Military Resort Discounts are Back at DL!

Great, that's good to know!

I see this in the app, but not the QR codes. When I click on that, it redirects to the website. I meant that I did not see them actually in the app. Am I missing them? Not a big deal if I don't need them, of course!

View attachment 589480 Thanks!

Yes, that's it! They will only show you your next upcoming reservation. One at a time. You won't see the QR code anywhere. Honestly, don't worry about it. You will also get an email a couple days before each reservation to remind you.

Last edited:
Yes, that's it! They will only show you your next upcoming reservation. One at a time. You won't see the QR code anywhere. Honestly, don't worry about it. You will also get am email a couple days before each reservation to remind you.

Pssht...like who would need a reminder?

:rotfl2:

I wasn't worried, it's just interesting how different things work in the app for DL compared to MDE for WDW.

Thanks again!

Can someone guide me on this... My daughter is the military member, she purchased the salute tickets on base, we have the printed papers. Can I upload them to my Disney account (we are all signed into my act in the app) and once we arrive to the parks, she will show her id. I was worried uploading to an account with my name would be a problem? Thanks!!

Can someone guide me on this... My daughter is the military member, she purchased the salute tickets on base, we have the printed papers. Can I upload them to my Disney account (we are all signed into my act in the app) and once we arrive to the parks, she will show her id. I was worried uploading to an account with my name would be a problem? Thanks!!
You shouldn’t have any trouble as long as she is with you when you scan into the park the first day. They don’t look at who’s account they are loaded to because not everyone uses the app to hold the tickets (so much easier if you do though). The nice thing is that once the tickets have been “activated” or scanned in the first time she shouldn’t have to be with you when you go into the parks the other days. Last time my daughter and I went I only had to show my ID at the resort when we checked in, the first day when we aftivated the tickets and then a few days later when we activated the 2nd set of tickets.

You shouldn’t have any trouble as long as she is with you when you scan into the park the first day. They don’t look at who’s account they are loaded to because not everyone uses the app to hold the tickets (so much easier if you do though). The nice thing is that once the tickets have been “activated” or scanned in the first time she shouldn’t have to be with you when you go into the parks the other days. Last time my daughter and I went I only had to show my ID at the resort when we checked in, the first day when we aftivated the tickets and then a few days later when we activated the 2nd set of tickets.
Thank You! We are first timers to DL, add in all the new covid procedures and military way, I'm a little confused!!

Thank You! We are first timers to DL, add in all the new covid procedures and military way, I'm a little confused!!

You’re welcome! I was in the same place a couple years ago and wish I’d found these boards to help fill me in before our first trip. So if you have any other questions feel free to ask :)

We are having a great time at DL. We flew from Ohio yesterday morning.

We had linked our Salute tickets to the DL app, and scanned them to enter the park about 11:30. As expected, they took our pics (as they do with any multi-day or hopper ticket) and asked to see eligible military ID at first entry.

We are enjoying the Disneyland Hotel very much, but honestly it would not be worth the higher price than nearby hotels if we didn’t have the 40% military discount.

Let me know if anyone has questions for me, we will be here through Saturday afternoon.

We are having a great time at DL. We flew from Ohio yesterday morning.

We had linked our Salute tickets to the DL app, and scanned them to enter the park about 11:30. As expected, they took our pics (as they do with any multi-day or hopper ticket) and asked to see eligible military ID at first entry.

We are enjoying the Disneyland Hotel very much, but honestly it would not be worth the higher price than nearby hotels if we didn’t have the 40% military discount.

Let me know if anyone has questions for me, we will be here through Saturday afternoon.

Awesome! Have a great time while you are there. Once you get back any info on DLH and what is and isn't currently open would be appreciated. But wait until you get home....just enjoy the time there :)

Jumping into this thread. We have been back several times since reopening, but for our planned October trip, my parents are finally joining us again (they have been too afraid to travel since COVID). My dad is fully retired military, and we have used his military discount several times when they traveled with us in the past at both DL and WDW. I am just brushing up on any changes....

I am on hold to try to get the military room only discount on our rooms. So far, I think they are only going to be able to do the 10% at the GCH; it seems that nothing is available at 40% but it is a holiday weekend. It is still true that you can't use the military room discount on any of the suites?

We are also planning to use the Military Salute tickets again. We will buy them at our local ITT. If I remember correctly, we just take them to the gate, my Dad shows his ID, and we all scan in. Then onwards, we can all scan in alone? Also, if we buy them now for October, can I add them to the app now (even though they aren't activated yet) and make park reservations? If so, can I access the "hotel bucket" of reservations since we are staying at GCH?

Are there military discounts for OBB tickets (I am thinking not)?

Thank you all for your help! We haven't done a "military" trip since pre-COVID, and we are still very thankful for the discounts!

I am on hold to try to get the military room only discount on our rooms. So far, I think they are only going to be able to do the 10% at the GCH; it seems that nothing is available at 40% but it is a holiday weekend. It is still true that you can't use the military room discount on any of the suites?

We are also planning to use the Military Salute tickets again. We will buy them at our local ITT. If I remember correctly, we just take them to the gate, my Dad shows his ID, and we all scan in. Then onwards, we can all scan in alone? Also, if we buy them now for October, can I add them to the app now (even though they aren't activated yet) and make park reservations? If so, can I access the "hotel bucket" of reservations since we are staying at GCH?

Thank you all for your help! We haven't done a "military" trip since pre-COVID, and we are still very thankful for the discounts!

- Suites are not excluded in the terms and conditions of the offer, but since there are so few of them, the chance of them being available with the discount is very slim.

- Yes, you buy the tickets at a military travel office, then when you arrive, you enter together at the gate, the service member shows eligible ID, and all tickets are activated. After that you do not need to be together.

- Yes, link the tickets to each person when you receive them, and book parks.

- No military discount for OBB.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the detailed and helpful replies. I was only able to add the 10% room discount to my GCH rooms, but that is still a savings for sure. I ended up having to talk to GS about it all, and she confirmed that suites are included in the discount but are rare, as OP said.

She also offered that I should use the “hotel” park reservations system to book my park reservations once I linked my Salute tickets, and she said this without my asking. I have used the resort bucket several times over the last year, and it has so much more availability at times than the other “buckets”. I am glad to know that it will work with the military tickets and discounted room reservations.

She said she thought no discounted OBB tickets this year for military. IIRC, when they had them pre-COVID at WDW, you had to buy them at the gate the day of, which would stress me out too much since we are flying in etc. I will just pay the regular price (IF I can get them on 6/30!!).

Thank you all again for your quick responses!

Jumping into this thread. We have been back several times since reopening, but for our planned October trip, my parents are finally joining us again (they have been too afraid to travel since COVID). My dad is fully retired military, and we have used his military discount several times when they traveled with us in the past at both DL and WDW. I am just brushing up on any changes....

I just did this last week. I got the Military Salute tickets at my local ITT. Then I just linked them on the Disneyland app. When I arrived at the park, we just went to the entrance gate like everyone else (I used to have to go to Guest Services first). Anyway, I did have to show my military ID, we all scanned in, and the CM took our picture. Very quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter