Salute Tickets and Military Resort Discounts are Back at DL!

Awesome! Important change from before: salute tickets will NOT be sold at the gate. We always bought ours at the gate in the past since we're far from base. A minor inconvenience.
Thank you for noting this! We usually buy at the gate as well; our closest MWR is several hours away. So, we'll just make a point to buy ahead of time and have them FedEx'ed, which we probably would have done to make park reservations anyway.

Quick update. I called about an hour ago and the really nice CM said that they were aware of it but the rates hadn’t fed into their system yet. He expected them either later today or tomorrow morning and to call back to try.
My current reservation has tickets included so I may have to cancel that one and make a new one with the Military Rate and pay one night up front which is no big deal. With the money saved on tickets I’ll probably add an extra night at DH and still be saving money….plus an extra day at Disney is never a bad thing.
As for the tickets, last time I went through the Camp Pendleton ITT Office even though I live in Upstate New York. They FedEx’d them to me. Once we got there we activated them at the gate and then we could add them to the app on our phones so we didn’t have to carry them around.

Update #2: I just got off the phone with them again. The new information I just received is that they will start booking/updating reservations using the Military/Veteran Discount on July 6th. They can't do anything with them until then, but what you could do is book a reservation now to make sure you have a room available.

Side Note-When the Disneyland Hotel opens next week it will only be the Fantasy Tower at first, not the whole resort. The only resort opening fully will be the Grand Californian. I found that out this morning when I tried to request the Adventure Tower. It also explains why there are no Downtown Disney view rooms or Club Level/Concierge rooms available right now. As they bring more CMs back they plan to open the other towers. What I will do is keep an eye out and either change the room type with they become available or put in a request for the Adventure Tower as we get closer and it is available.

how will that work with the reservation system? You can’t make a reservation until you have a ticket in the system.

My guess is that you will be able to once you get your tickets from the MWR/ITT. It is similar with the Salute tickets at Disney World. I ordered them through Shades of Green and when they came in I linked them on the MyDisneyExperience portion of their site. Granted when I did it for our trip back in April I was able to get the park reservations without the tickets. You can't do that anymore.

A solution could be ordering tickets with the room reservation to be able to lock in the park passes. When you get the tickets from ITT/MWR you can have the previous tickets removed, add the Salute Tickets and then make the park passes that you originally had. If you do it quick...or if there is already plenty of availability then it should be pretty seamless.

Similar to how I already have a reservation at DH as a placeholder so that if they can't just convert the reservation they can cancel it and then rebook the same room I already had.

Better to be safe than sorry, especially with them planning to increase capacity, but no idea if the park passes will match or how many that will ultimately mean.

Yeah we don’t stay on site. This sounds like a problem for another day.... I’m sure Disney will figure it out.

Yeah we don’t stay on site. This sounds like a problem for another day.... I’m sure Disney will figure it out.

When I did my initial reservation on Saturday I was looking to see about doing the park reservations at the same time similar to when I booked at WDW. It said that with our first park day being 11/11 that I would be able to do the park reservations starting on 7/8 because they don't currently open until 4 months out. Depending on when you plan to go you may have plenty of time to get the tickets and then do the reservations up. I am going to contact the Camp Pendleton Office tomorrow and see when they are going to start selling the tickets, if they are available now I will go ahead and get them...if not then I will wait until they are available and have them fedex them to me so that I can book the park passes as soon as possible.

I called again this morning at 7 PST to find out about the rate. Unfortunately they still don't have them. I was told they are still testing their system with those rates and they can't book off of them yet. I will try again later to see if it is working and also give an update, if they are, as to what the discount rate it for DLH since that is where we are going to stay. Just didn't want anyone waiting on hold forever this morning if they aren't available yet.

I called again this morning at 7 PST to find out about the rate. Unfortunately they still don't have them. I was told they are still testing their system with those rates and they can't book off of them yet. I will try again later to see if it is working and also give an update, if they are, as to what the discount rate it for DLH since that is where we are going to stay. Just didn't want anyone waiting on hold forever this morning if they aren't available yet.

I also called at 7 PDT, and must have caught the right CM. She said she would keep trying to get it, and after an hour, she did! It was 40% off for two nights at DLH in just a couple weeks. I am seeing the updated info in my account. Call back!

I also called at 7 PDT, and must have caught the right CM. She said she would keep trying to get it, and after an hour, she did! It was 40% off for two nights at DLH in just a couple weeks. I am seeing the updated info in my account. Call back!

That's awesome. I will definitely do that. Going to call Pendleton ITT about the tickets first though. Get those out of the way while I can.

That's awesome. I will definitely do that. Going to call Pendleton ITT about the tickets first though. Get those out of the way while I can.

Good luck! I'm in Ohio. I just called Pendleton to ask about having tickets shipped to me, and she took my name and number to call back. She said the line was out the door and the phone was ringing off the hook, no surprise there!

Is your stay over a weekend? Wondering if the big discounts are indeed only for Sun-Thurs night stays, as indicated in the fine print of the offer details.

Is your stay over a weekend? Wondering if the big discounts are indeed only for Sun-Thurs night stays, as indicated in the fine print of the offer details.

I'm wondering the same thing. My stay is going to be a Tuesday to Sunday. I am sure the Friday/Saturday will be a higher rate because they always are but I am wondering if the discount rate will change as well. I will post an update once I get it booked. Have to wait for a work call first and then will try again.

Good luck! I'm in Ohio. I just called Pendleton to ask about having tickets shipped to me, and she took my name and number to call back. She said the line was out the door and the phone was ringing off the hook, no surprise there!

I got the same response from them. Not surprised really, but it is a great idea for them to do a call back list. Thankfully I have time still, but would like to get them sooner rather than later so I can lock in the park passes for November before they are all out.

Ours is a Thursday and Friday night stay. Same discounted rate for both nights. I originally had the 25% general public discount booked, and that was the same rate both nights, too. The military discount knocked off right about $100 per night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter