Salt and Straw

gerilyne

DIS Veteran
Walking back this afternoon for our mid day break and saw Salt and Straw was open. There was a line but it wasn't crazy.

I went this afternoon. The line was about 20 minutes. I went to the one in Portland and that was much longer..

I went this afternoon. The line was about 20 minutes. I went to the one in Portland and that was much longer..
I have a feeling ours will have a long line going forward. It was only announced that it was opening today earlier this week.

Yes I went before getting in line for the Halloween party yesterday. I got the one with cookie dough. It was pretty good! It’s expensive, but all the locations are. I waited about 20 minutes.

Any discounts offered? AP? DVC? Disney Visa? I can't wait to try it in 10 days!!!

Yes I went before getting in line for the Halloween party yesterday. I got the one with cookie dough. It was pretty good! It’s expensive, but all the locations are. I waited about 20 minutes.

Nice! I'll have to google to see if they do anything gluten free.

Been going to Salt and Straw for years here in Portland, they are actually a client of mine..... If you are into interesting ice cream flavors that are a must try!!!!!! The wait here in Portland during nice weather can be over an hour easily.

I'll be back to D in December and if the weather is nice I will be giving this location a try for sure!!!!!

-Lane

Some of these flavors sound truly disgusting, like the olive brittle one. Looking forward to trying the caramel, chocolate brownie and cookie dough flavors, though.
Agree with you on this one, but I will say they caught me off guard once and had me try their Olive Oil flavor with a raspberry sorbet and it rocked my world. We live in Portland and can go anytime, but I usually just go get pie across the street because I'm not enough of a foodie to really appreciate what they are doing. That said, if they ever do the Strawberry Rhubarb Pie flavor down there, run don't walk. It was amazing!

Agree with you on this one, but I will say they caught me off guard once and had me try their Olive Oil flavor with a raspberry sorbet and it rocked my world. We live in Portland and can go anytime, but I usually just go get pie across the street because I'm not enough of a foodie to really appreciate what they are doing. That said, if they ever do the Strawberry Rhubarb Pie flavor down there, run don't walk. It was amazing!

I've had olive oil ice cream (and olive oil cake is amazing too!), but olive oil is SO different than actual olives. I just can't imagine how that ice cream can even be palatable, much less good. What makes if even grosser is the combination of olives and goat cheese. Dear God...that's just the two worst flavors I can imagine for an ice cream.

I've had olive oil ice cream (and olive oil cake is amazing too!), but olive oil is SO different than actual olives. I just can't imagine how that ice cream can even be palatable, much less good. What makes if even grosser is the combination of olives and goat cheese. Dear God...that's just the two worst flavors I can imagine for an ice cream.

Often goat cheese in ice cream just ends up making it taste stronger. It is still dairy, so it’s not 100% out of place. Not saying that you’d like it even so, obviously!

This location is generous with the samples, so give the flavors a try before deciding for sure that something isn't for you. If you try it and hate it, then go ahead and cross that baby off your list!

We’ve got one in Seattle and I’m not really a fan. I’ve tried a regular flavor (caramel sea salt) and a unique one (something with cheese in it). I really wanted to like them too.

Judging by MousePlanet's recent review, this location takes allergies very seriously (yay!). The reviewer was asked about any allergies (she said each customer is asked), then upon hearing her answer, the server got a fresh scooper and a new container of the reviewer's chosen flavor to prevent any cross contamination. That never happened at Haagen Dazs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter