Sailing the Ocean Blue...October 6, 2012 Eastern Fantasy

We did a cocktail mixology session on our Med cruise last year .. we had a private lesson with around 20-25 of us.

Was a great day we were all a little squiffy when it had finished (they were very generous with the measures). After we had the class, we all went to the bar and played giant Jenga for hours. Time flew by so quickly (more alcohol was consumed obviously) that we only had 30 mins to get ready for formal night!!!

Our organiser asked for a specific day so it may be good for you to think of when you'd like to do it ... obviously they'll say no guarantee, but at least they have your preference then.

So, if it's cocktail mixology you're doing, please could we join you? Many thanks. :thumbsup2

Been a busy week for Mick and I .... we went to view some new houses on a local development last weekend. Liked it so much, we paid the deposit yesterday on one of them!! It'll be built by Oct-Dec so hopefully we can have a New Years party! We're moving up in the world ... garage, extra bedroom, en-suite, detached house!!!! wooohohohohohohoho:cool1:

Only 4 more Fridays to go before we fly out to WDW for our 5 nights at SSR and 5 more until we board the Fantasy! Paralympics first though .. come on Team GB!

Congratulations Bats. I will be waiting for my housewarming invitation:lmao: Good luck with the whole process and everything goes smoothly:thumbsup2

We got docs in the mail today too. It's getting closer. Sooo excited!! Can hardly wait but I still have a million and one things to do. LOL.

It felt a bit chaotic to me but I'd try it again
Ours was also. We didn't know ahead of time that we would have to come up with and make our own group drink. I think that is what threw me off a little. Had a fantastic time chatting with friends from the dis though.:goodvibes

I just joined the disboards yesterday. Would love to be part of "The Sailing the Ocean Blue Group". Also let me know if there is a late comer FE group. Thanks:):):)
Welcome to the boards!

:laundy: Random thought. I desperately need to buy some new clothes, and would like to buy some that would be good for the cruise as well. For those of you past cruisers... What on earth is the weather like on the boat? Shorts, pants,tees? I'm at a complete loss! :confused3
I love capri pants. Definitely bring a sweater for the dining rooms, it can be chilly. DD (6) brings one also and almost always uses it.

At the moment, we have 20. When Michelle (TNShellBelle) did this on an earlier cruise, they had to submit room numbers when it was booked. So far, I have all the stateroom numbers.
I was thinking about this today and wondering if you called. Were you able to book something???

Short, capris, and once in a while I wear dressy slacks on Formal night, with a pretty top. All Oct. cruises we have done are pretty warm, if not downrigt HOT. :yay:
:thumbsup2

I am thinking about putting a dry erase board on my door with updates on Stateroom changes.

Beth
This is a wonderful idea!

That's it! I used points or maybe they are going to upgrade me to a suite and they needed to reprint my docs. We are on the Fantasy after all.
We were upgraded once a week before our cruise. I bet you are getting some pixie dust!

....I was thinking about this today and wondering if you called. Were you able to book something???......
:sad2: Today was a bit crazy. I will try again tomorrow.

That's it! I used points or maybe they are going to upgrade me to a suite and they needed to reprint my docs. We are on the Fantasy after all.

We were upgraded once a week before our cruise. I bet you are getting some pixie dust!
We were upgraded on the first leg of our B2B last year. Didn't know it till we got the port! Had the same room booked for the B2B so we didn't have to move..... Couldn't get the new room for the 2nd leg. But, all we had to do was pack and they moved our stuff. Plus we were able to get back in our room by 11am!! Got some funny looks crossing the ropes, just :teeth: and go on!! But I digress.... The point is, don't give up on the pixiedust: upgrade. It could happen when you check in! :thumbsup2

maybe somemore Maryland ones will show up...here is hoping tho emailed the TA and she didnt have them as yet!:confused3:rolleyes1:rolleyes::sad2:

Question for the guy's (or the ladies who's DH's) may have done the Elemis Express Shave, or the Elemis Pro-Collagen Grooming Treatment with Shave. I love a hot lather shave, but there is an art to it. It's great when it's done right, it not, :headache: Curious what your experience with the shave was.

Hi All,

Just checking in...

We are in the cruise doc loser group. Seems to get something north of the border takes and extra week or maybe our upgrades are in progress ;)

12 year old has been told she will have about a 60 degree bend "ability" in her knee when we cruise. Enough to miss curbs and stuff but still not "run and jump" performance. Looks like she will be wheeled around like a princess. I tried to explain to her there are less painful and extreme ways to receive attention ;)

Just off the phone with DCL. I spoke with Ginger and she was very helpful and fun to talk to! Apparently, there are enough requests for private mixology classes and other specialty events, they have recently added a new procedure for it. They are emailing me a form to fill out to make a detailed request for what we would like to do. They will review all the requests (first come first served) and we should know about 2 weeks out whether or not we will get our own class. I will let you know when I have more info! :thumbsup2

Look what FedEx brought me this morning! :teeth:

403709728.jpg

Too cute:thumbsup2

:laundy: Random thought. I desperately need to buy some new clothes, and would like to buy some that would be good for the cruise as well. For those of you past cruisers... What on earth is the weather like on the boat? Shorts, pants,tees? I'm at a complete loss! :confused3

shorts and capris. Mostly capris in theater and of course dining rooms. It gets chilly in there sometimes.

ATTENTION MIXOLOGY CLASS PARTICIPANTS!!!!!!
I have the request form to fill out. I need a time and a (sea)day for the class. I am open all 3 sea days except for Palo Brunch@ 11AM on Day 6. Just throwing a time out there, how about Day 3, Monday, October 8th, the 2nd Sea Day @ 2 pm... If that doesn't work for anyone, throw out another suggestion!!

IT'S NOT TO LATE TO JOIN IN!! SPEAK UP NOW, I'M NOT SURE WE CAN ADD TO THE LIST LATER​

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter