Running The Half, Dis Meets, Deluxe Dining,& SSR! BACK. Had a great time!

I'm going next weekend with a bunch of friends. I'm so excited! I got my geeky Hogwarts shirt all ready to go. :laughing:

Your restaurant choices are great, but they are making me horribly hungry right now. By the way, Pooh and Tigger are usually also at 1900 Park Fare. They are so adorable.

OOH I almost bought one of those shirts from Hot Topic!! I hope I see some people dressed up. They crack me up lol.

Girl I know, I could eat some disney food right now!! Aww good. Glad they will be there. So cute.

:banana: You would have to preorder tickets for that one... and most def. for Twilight.

I hate it when they leave stuff out of the book too.. sometimes I then get confused on what was in the book and what was in the movies.. DUHHH :laughing:

Believe it or not, we've NEVER eaten at any of those restaurants... we are headed to Kona on August 2nd, 2009 tho....I'm looking forward to trying that TONGA TOAST... I"ll def. be reading your dining reviews. I can't believe Tim isn't a big breakfast eater.. I LOVE BREAKFAST!! It's my favorite meal of the day.. dbf and I used to go to a restaurant here in Ottawa that serves breakfast 24/7 and we'd order it at like 11pm-2am..

your Lunches, Again, we haven't eaten at most of your choices....WE LOVE Biergarten... we had such an amazing time the last time we were there and the food was delicious and were gonna be at Sci Fi on August 1st... I love going to the drive in here at home.. so i'm really excited for this one.

Although, we've never eaten at the Coral Reef, we've did the Aqua Seas tour.. you should give it try.. it was amazing.

Wow, The only one out of all Dinner options we will have experienced is Jiko.. were' i'm really looking forward to eating the Filet and Mac'N'Cheese.

ohhh... we have so many more restaurants to experience.. this calls for an early May trip for us!!! :lmao:

Do you eat fish?

Counter Service.... We've hit a couple of these...our first trip down to WDW we didn't know about anything other than the counter services.. then i discovered disboards.. PHEW.

We love Earl of Sanwhich, Cosmic Rays and Pizza Planet. Best part is that it's quick and easy.

Lynn.. great post!!!

Yeah you must pre order!!! I won't be able to see New Moon at midnight in Nov because of school. BOO!! Oh well, I'll just go the weekend.

Girl I know!!!! It drives me crazy that he doesn't like it that much. I feel bad if I book too many breakfast places cause I know he won't like it. I LOVE it!!! OOH I can not wait for you to try the tonga toast!!

Yeah Biergarten in great!! that is so cool you have a drive in place like Sci Fi near you!!!

Oh I have to look into that tour.

I can't wait to try Jiko!!!! Yeah you have to book another trip lol!!

those look to be some great meals!!
When is race day?

Race day is Jan 9th!

We'll be doing several of the same places as you when we go in November. We would be doing more of those places if I could just convince DH to get the DxDP. :sad2: We're doing the regular DDP for the first time this year, and I just cannot convince him to go deluxe. We are staying at the Poly, so I will definitely be loving me some Tonga toast! I have never had it, but I always drool over the pictures. I have to say, DH and I did not care for Yak & Yeti. We ate there right after it open, and we just felt it did not live up to all of the hype. I know a lot of people LOVE them, though, and I hope you enjoy it! We did Coral Reef for lunch. It was very quiet. I think our ressie was around 1:30. I love Crystal Palace for breakfast! That is where we're eating for by b-day! :yay:

Can't wait to read more!

WOO YAY for the Poly!!!!!! You will love the dining plan. It's so great. OOOh have it delivered to your room in the AM!!! SOOOOO good. It is amazing waking up to that smell. Oh I hope we like it. The food looks good to me, not like your typical asian food.

Hey, Lynn! Goodness gracious,girl-you rock with your reports. I was so excited when I went to the told thread and read that you had already started this one!:woohoo:
It's really cool to hear about your running. I tried getting into it earlier in the year, but kinda stopped.:sad2: I really need to get back into it. When I first heard about the Disney half, I told my husband that we needed to make it our goal to run in Disney. You've inspired me to get back on track and maybe even try and make the 2011 half!:thumbsup2
It looks like y'all are going to be doing a ton of eating, but I don't blame you. If airfare and food are all you have to pay for, then I would definitely splurge on the deluxe as well. I've also been meaning to tell you that because of your great reivew of The Wave from your last report, the DH and I decided to try it out on our trip in September. We have an ADR for the very first day we're there!!:banana:

Aww good!! You can get back on track. If you need any tips or anything don't hesitate to ask me!! Yeah it is going to be a lot of food!! Oh YAY you will love The Wave!! I think we are going to eat there on our first night too.

popcorn::Disney Diningpopcorn::

Because I am a crazy person who plans ahead all the time, I have my restaurants picked out already lol. I don't know what dates we will be doing yet, I have to wait for the park hours to come through. And because of the meet, I think we are all going to Ohana the night of the race, Ohana will most likely not be on our first night like we always do.

Breakfast​

Crystal Palace- Love the food here for breakfast. Minnie's puffed french toast is delicious lol. Bad for you, but very good.

Kona- Tonga Tonga Tonga TOAST!!!!!!! I have not had it from here yet. I have it delivered to my room when we stayed at the Poly, and at Captain Cooks. No matter where I get it, it tastes amazing. We have done dinner at Kona as well, it's so good. OOh and I want to get the juice they offer at Kona for breakfast.

1900 Park Fare- This is new for us! I think it wil be fun to dine with some different characters. Alice, The Mad Hatter, and Marry Poppins are there. Not sure if anybody else is.

I did not pick a lot of breakfast places because Tim is not a big breakfast eater:mad: HAHA if it was up to me, we would be eating it more than 3 times at a sit down restaurant.

Lunch​

Sci Fi- Love it to death here. Tim does as well. It is a must for him. I plan on going as soon as they open, at 11. It was so nice when we went that time in May. I'm definitely getting the BLT soup again, and my favorite dessert. It's some chocolate cake with warm peanut butter in the middle!!! YUM

Liberty Tree Tavern- This is new for us. The lunch menu looks really good. I think it will be a good place to try. The lunch menu looks better than the dinner menu to me. More variety I guess.

Yak & Yeti- New as well. I love reading reviews on Yak & Yeti. The place looks cool, and the food looks very good!!!

Biergarten- Must for us every trip

Coral Reef- We like the coral reef a lot. We want to go as early as possible. Last time we had dinner here it was a little loud, so I think if we go for an early lunch it will be a little more quiet.

Dinner​

One TS places

The Wave- Um yeah this is like one of my new favorite places to eat. So good

Ohana- Always a must

Chefs de France- LOVE it. I love the inside of the place, and love the food.

Tutto- My favorite pasta dish is there.

Garden Grill- Tim really wants to eat here because of Chip & Dale. I hope I like the food because most of it is stuff that I don't eat, but I think it is worth a try. I also think it's cool that the restaurant rotates.

Two TS places

Jiko- So sad I did not try this in May. What was I thinking canceling this one? lol I'm getting the filet with mac and cheese

Brown Derby- I love it there!! Tim loves the crab cake from there. I love the banana dessert, I forget the name of it, but it is good!!

Yachtsman- Can't wait to try it here. Tim was drooling reading the menu.

Narcoossees- I'm really looking forward to this meal. Tim want's to get the surf and turf.

Counter Service Meals​

Sunshine Seasons- A must. Not sure if we will do lunch or breakfast

Wolfgang Puck Express- This will be new for us

Earl of Sandwich- Love Earl!!

Pizza Planet- We love it there

Cosmic rays- love it

And we may make a stop at casey's corner.

We will have 18 snacks each, so that is going to be a lot of Dole Whips, Mickey Heads, and Raspberry Lemonade icees lol

YAY! A new trip report! At 1900 Park Fare for breakfast, they also have Tigger and Pooh, when we went last year it was soooo much fun! The Madhatter is GREAT!

Holy crap look at all those ADR choices!! How in the heck are you going to eat all that?! :rotfl2:

I hope you get them all! They all look yummy. Love Sci-Fi and Tutto, lots of those that I'd love to try. I already can't wait for your reviews! :thumbsup2

I have no idea lol!!! Well I'm only going to do 2 sit down meals a day, no way I could do 3.

I think I will get them all, I should lol. Not that busy in Jan. I have never had a problem when I call on the day I'm supposed to.

Thanks for the info, Lynn. I think we're going to go for it, the more time we spend relaxing, not running around the parks like crazy people---the better (for DH anyway ;)) Now I just have to decide between all of the awesome places---suddenly, 15 meal credits per person doesn't seem like very much at all :rotfl:

No problem. I agree with you! I think it will be a nice pace for us to eat at 2 sit downs a day. There are a ton of good places to eat. It can get overwhelming lol.

Hi. Where are you staying when you go? January is a nice time to go.

Thanks for reading.

We are staying at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge which will be a first for us!. We are Boardwalk and Beach Club DVCer's and normally stay over that way!

Very, very excited.

We haven't been in January for awhile because of our daughter's school conflicts, but she will be starting college this fall and doesn't have to go back until January 19 after Christmas Break which gives us plenty of time to hit Disney!!! :banana:[/QUOTE]

OH yay for DVC!! We love it. I want to stay at the boardwalk area one day. Yeah I'm lucky too. I got back to school on the 15th in Jan so it works out great!

I'm so excited you've started your PTR! I'm also VERY jealous that you get to go in January -- that's when we went for our honeymoon, and I LOVED it! Unfortunately, being a school teacher means that we won't be able to go on our anniversary...until I become a college professor! :goodvibes

I'm anxious to hear how deluxe dining goes for you two. We are getting free dining on our trip in August - a first for us! I have a feeling that we'll be spoiled rotten and want it from now on! :thumbsup2

Good luck with all your training for the half -- I'm jealous! (I seriously think that I'm not made for running.) I'll be wishing you well!

AHH me too lol! Aww don't be. I do love Jan. Yeah I'm getting in as many vacations as I can before I start to teach. I have a couple of years so I'm all good.

YAY for free dining!! You will love it.

Thank you so much :)

These are all the ones we also have planned. I'm super excited.
I would try more that you have planned but I let my parents help a little. My dad doesn't want sea food or anything and my mom said she wants lots of steak and cheesecake. Aye aye aye!!

I'm excited for you too. That's good you let them help pick!

Signing In!!!

January is a great time to go! I went this last January and had an amazing time. The weather is great and the crowds are low, you guys will have a blast!!!

Love your ADR choices!!!!!! I hope you will be able to get them all!!! I too can't wait to have Tonga Toast...one of the things I'm definitely trying for the first time this trip!!!

Yes!! That is what I like to hear. I think we went in Jan in 04. It was great! I think I will be able to get them. OOH you will love it.

Except I think I'm cancelling LTT...I keep forgetting that!! lol

Yeah I saw that you mentioned that in your PTR.

I'm sure he finds out. It's part of the plot (obviously, it's the title!) but the person who wrote the review said it wasn't mentioned as much as in the book. That could just be that person's perception though.

Dining plans look great! I think you'll like Yak & Yeti. I went when it first opened; we got a couple appetizers to split. Everything was great!

Oh I see. They just don't focus on him trying to figure that out, probably.

I'm looking forward to Yak & Yeti!

Hey Lynn. Oh wow. You started your PTR already huh? Well, I'm in anyway.

I would love to go down there for the Marathon. Even though I haven't run like that since high school. Lol. I don't think I will be able to get the money together for a trip though. When is the deadline?

I also am looking forward to HP:HBP. I'm rereading it right now so it's fresh in my mind. I also heard good things. I might even get a sneak peek since my sister works at the theater.

HEY Josh!! Glad you're here. Yeah I figured I might as well start it lol. Well the half is already full.. I think the 5k and the full are still open.

OOOH that is awesome! I hope you get a sneak peak! I can't wait to see it.

Great meal choices.

We love CP for breakfast! I love all the choices and getting in the MK early is always a plus.

We are trying Ohana, SciFi, and Y&Y for the first time in October and I'm really looking forward to them.

We ate at Garden Grill in November. The food was okay. The character interaction was awesome and we saw them multiple times even though the restaurant was full.

I love it too!!! I like getting into the MK early as well!

You will love them. They are great! Really. Yeah that is what I'm getting at Garden Grill, that the food is just ok. But Tim want's to do it.

I'm in. I love reading your TR, and dining reports.
Can't wait to read more!

Hi!! Thanks and welcome :)

YAY! A new trip report! At 1900 Park Fare for breakfast, they also have Tigger and Pooh, when we went last year it was soooo much fun! The Madhatter is GREAT!

Hey!! AH I can not wait to eat there!! I just can't wait to eat :rotfl:

I don't know all the details. Somebody posted a thread about it over on the theme parks forum asking for more details on it.

Apparently it is a segway tour, green house tour, and they take you on Soarin, and Nemo, and tour some locations in Future World. It is more of a walking tour. You don't spend too much time on the segway. Cost $120, and is available Tuesday, and Saturday mornings at 8:15.

They are taking reservations for it, but I still can't find any details on it. So that is all I know so far.

I think Tim and I are going to do it.

There are so many tours I want to do!! And I especially want to ride around on a Segway!! Sounds super fun!! I will have to save that for my next trip though probably...oh well! By then you will probably have done tons and let me know which one is the best! ;)

We want to do a Segway tour so bad! I wish we could find some info on the new one so we can decide which one to do when we go in November. About how long did the World Showcase tour take?

There are so many tours I want to do!! And I especially want to ride around on a Segway!! Sounds super fun!! I will have to save that for my next trip though probably...oh well! By then you will probably have done tons and let me know which one is the best! ;)

The Segway tour was really cool. I will let you know what tour I like better. I think I'm really going to like the new one a lot.

We want to do a Segway tour so bad! I wish we could find some info on the new one so we can decide which one to do when we go in November. About how long did the World Showcase tour take?

The one we did in World Showcase took about 2 hours maybe.. It may have only been an hour, but it felt like 2.

I don't know all the details. Somebody posted a thread about it over on the theme parks forum asking for more details on it.

Apparently it is a segway tour, green house tour, and they take you on Soarin, and Nemo, and tour some locations in Future World. It is more of a walking tour. You don't spend too much time on the segway. Cost $120, and is available Tuesday, and Saturday mornings at 8:15.

They are taking reservations for it, but I still can't find any details on it. So that is all I know so far.

I think Tim and I are going to do it.

I"d totally do it.. we did the segway and loved it!!!

Hey Lynn! Of course I'm on board.. this is awesome.. nice start to your pre-TR! Looking forward to reading everything! I saw your reply in your 1yr thread, but I thought I would reply here haha--i'm doing good thanks and yes the hair is looking AWESOME! I cant wait to be back, it looks like around Sept/October before we go to Disney! Or unless I get antsy enough with my hair I may have to come earlier haha..
All the dining places sound fantasic! Looking through the list I've pretty much eaten at ALL of them (about a billion times) LOL *except* the Wave, last July my boyfriend and I walked past it and said "oooooo, we have to try that next trip" so that is probably one of our places to try.
Your just like me w/ Earl of Sandwhich! Girl I use to go down to eat dinner there every night when I worked there and when I wasn't working I was at EARL! haha and sit outside..always my same: Chx Ceasar Salad and an Ice tea.. SOO good and so healthy!
Casey's Corner is a must do.. YUM! Hotdogs are sooo good! Or as my boyfriend would say.. the corn-nuggets! HA! I love how the guy plays the piano outside,now I haven't noticed, but OMG when I was growing up and we were going about 2 times a year, it was ALWAYS the same guy, my dad would have my sister and I get pictures with him and its funny comparing the different years and pictures, same guy... unbelievable! Talk to you soon!!!...:goodvibes

I"d totally do it.. we did the segway and loved it!!!

Oh Rachel I forgot to answer you. Yeah I do like fish, grilled shrimp, sea bass, tuna steak, and flounder. I can eat some crab cakes, as long as they aren't too fishy. I wish I could eat salmon, but it gags me. It's too bitter or something.

We will most likely do that tour. I have not mentioned it to Tim yet, but I know he will want to do it. Once he hears that it involves a segway he will be all for it.

Hey Lynn! Of course I'm on board.. this is awesome.. nice start to your pre-TR! Looking forward to reading everything! I saw your reply in your 1yr thread, but I thought I would reply here haha--i'm doing good thanks and yes the hair is looking AWESOME! I cant wait to be back, it looks like around Sept/October before we go to Disney! Or unless I get antsy enough with my hair I may have to come earlier haha..
All the dining places sound fantasic! Looking through the list I've pretty much eaten at ALL of them (about a billion times) LOL *except* the Wave, last July my boyfriend and I walked past it and said "oooooo, we have to try that next trip" so that is probably one of our places to try.
Your just like me w/ Earl of Sandwhich! Girl I use to go down to eat dinner there every night when I worked there and when I wasn't working I was at EARL! haha and sit outside..always my same: Chx Ceasar Salad and an Ice tea.. SOO good and so healthy!
Casey's Corner is a must do.. YUM! Hotdogs are sooo good! Or as my boyfriend would say.. the corn-nuggets! HA! I love how the guy plays the piano outside,now I haven't noticed, but OMG when I was growing up and we were going about 2 times a year, it was ALWAYS the same guy, my dad would have my sister and I get pictures with him and its funny comparing the different years and pictures, same guy... unbelievable! Talk to you soon!!!...:goodvibes

Hey Katie!! Yeah I think you will be fine if you come in right before your trip.

OOh try The Wave!!! So good! HAHA I would go there and eat there every day if I could too haha.

I love their hot dogs haha! I never noticed the piano guy. Your pictures sound like they are really cute!

Hi Lynn! I'm in! Looks like we are checking out in WDW the day you check in! We go to WDW on December 26th and check out January 2nd. I know that my family is going on a crazy week, but I am starting college in August and I have a really brief holiday break. I am going to college for elementary education as well! I am really excited! I start August 31st! Good luck with the rest of your plans...I will be reading along!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!